High Lakes Loop Trail

High Lakes Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile loop trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from June until October.

From the Nisqually entrance on Highway 706, 15.6 miles on Longmire-Paradise Road. Right on Stevens Canyon Road for 1.7 miles to the parking area along Reflection Lakes

I would consider this trail somewhere between a beginner and intermediate trail. The two major climbs are quite steep.

Really enjoyed this hike. Most of the hike is in the woods so views are a bit limiting. But the views of the lakes from lake level as well as from the overlook are breathtaking.

I used this map and my app showed me veering off the trail enough to make me wander if I had taken the wrong trail. My GPS showed that I was further north than the map.

Overall, really enjoyed.

Perhaps from Paradise going down it qualifies as "easy", but from the parking area going up it is significantly more strenuous. Absolutely gorgeous vistas, even when the weather is nasty.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Not tons of views until you get to the top, then it's a beautiful view of the Tatoosh range and lakes below. The East .6miles are a little steep, so I enjoyed going clockwise so that I would be going down the steeper section.

Friday, July 22, 2016

This trail is not "easy". It is a lot of incline and not for people who are out of shape. You need to be physically fit to do this hike. If the foot bridge is washed out at the creek you will have to walk through the water to cross as the rocks are slippery and on a hillside. There aren't many views cause your in the trees. It's a good training trail if your looking to summit Mt. Rainier or do more strenuous hikes. I would rate this moderate. And take lots of water.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Trail is in great shape. Saw a black bear swimming in a lake just above Louise Lake. Small crowds . . No need to take the spur down to Reflection Lake. The last mile is somewhat noisy do to cars. Great alpine meadows and views of the Tatoosh range. I would recommend this trail. Start at Paradise.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Friday, August 29, 2014

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Friday, July 13, 2012

Cruised this last summer, 3 or some months after my Wife's back surgery. Easy trail with a great lookout. Meet a couple from Australia visiting Washington to hike the mountain. Glad we're only 40 minutes away!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The day was perfect, sunny, blue skies and no crowds. This hike started at Reflection lake with picture perfect views of Mt. Rainier and going clockwise on the trail, within 50yrds I came across Winnies pooh, no sighting tho a cpl, all in all only 10 ppl on this trail, did tell that a guy they passed had saw a black bear. Any who the hike was an easy climb up hill for the most part thru forest and meadows, loved the views of wild flowers and the calm of the forest, after 2 miles reached Faraway rock, fantastic views of the Tatoosh range and Louis lake from 500'. down hill from there and back to the beginning at Reflection lake.