Hidden Lake Trail

Hidden Lake Trail is a 1.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and fishing and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Fun, easy trail. The returning trail to complete the loop isn't obvious. Hiked this multiple times and decided its much easier to just take the first part of the loop back, not much extra to see on the full loop. Beautiful lake, especially when its frozen and you can walk out on it. Don't fall in :)

The return loop wasn't clearly visible for us but found it after crossing the stream. Some steeper areas but overall not a bad hike in the woods. My dog loves watching the chipmunks and squirrels and the lake was beautiful.

The return loop isn't obvious, but cross the stream, find the trail again, and then look for a trail heading downhill from the clearing by the lake. This is a good beginner hike, and it's a nice lake and hike.

Great little hike

Beautiful and low elevation. I even got a little rain.

nice short loop, take a right at the lake, cross the stream on logs, go down toward lake Wenatchee and a campground, then take road back up to car.

Ah.ma.zing! This hike/destination has been on my bucket list ever since I learned of it's existence, about 4 years ago. My boyfriend finally took me and our 2 dogs for my birthday today and let me tell you, it did not disappoint! Yes it is a heavily trafficked trail and we ran into multiple mountain bikers, large groups, and dogs- but it did not even damper the experience! It was more the worth it. I would actually rate this hike as more on the easy/moderate side (definitely easy without the dogs) with the only even slightly challenging part (and again, only challenging because of our pups) was the last part to get down to the pool. Think rock climbing for toddlers (literally, we saw multiple toddlers down there. I will the trail gets a little light going over the rocks but my boyfriend and I took 2 different trails and ended up at the same spot.) The pool is cold as ice (to quote one guy who nailed it: "this was snow 30 minutes ago", but it is soooo worth it! You'll kick yourself if you get all the way down there and don't jump in!- and you do have to JUMP! (Not off the cliff, some psychos were, but we just hung out at the bottom for a while until I worked up enough nerve to jump off a rock after watching 50 toddlers do it

Not really a loop trail. Directions bring you to one trailhead and you will hike to a second trailhead at glacierview campground. From there, the 'loop' back to the starting point is on a dusty dirt road. Not a pleasant walk back, getting frequently dusted by passing vehicles and constantly bombarded by mosquitos. Just hike back on the trail! It's an ok hike, I enjoyed plucking my way along the lake, easy and accessible. Good for out of town non-hikers

Monday, August 29, 2016

This was a fantastic hike for our family. The trail head is located just off Lake Wenatchee and requires an off-road drive. I was surprised by how many people were hiking the trail given how tricky it was to find. The hike is short and easy but the payoff is fantastic.