Heybrook Ridge

Heybrook Ridge is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Index, Washington that features a great forest setting and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A great hike with a well-established trail. Please note that the trailhead is NOT on Hwy 2, as previously noted by Shannon Barban. It is on the Index-Galena Rd, right next to the only bridge that leads in to the town of Index. If you use the GPS coordinates to navigate, you will easily find the trailhead.

While you are on the trail, you will come upon a service road. Keep going straight! This will ensure you stay on the trail and get to the top.

The view is worth the effort!!

Fun hike and great for kids! Brought my older dogs and they did fine. Gradual incline and the view at the end was amazing! Good payoff for an easy hike!

Fairly easy hike with a great payoff. Bring some lunch and soak up views of Index and Barring.

I found the Lookout easy enough but couldn't find the Ridge. I ended up hiking along the service road for a bit which extended the hike by a couple of miles.

Gorgeous views, easy to moderate hike.

Great hike in the town of Index. The views are amazing for such a short hike. There are many places to venture to from the top to get different perspectives of Mt. Index . I recommend this hike to everyone. I will be back soon.

Short and sweet, yet still a great workout. There is quite a bit of snow half way to the lookout so I decided to use my microspikes just to add a bit more traction to my older hiking shoes. The view from the top is beautiful, and only had to share the lookout with one other hiker. For the most part, I had the trail to myself the entire time.

Important——One thing is, the trailhead is located on hwy 2, so if you’re coming from the west make sure you are aware that this sneaks up to you. It’s on the left of highway 2 if you’re heading east and you will have to turn across the highway with little notice. Could be unsafe for some.

Great little hike. Amazing views at the top. Would definitely recommend.

My sister and I decided to head out on Monday trying to get in some trail time before the rain and we lucked out. Really easy switch back hike with a lot of tree cover so we didn't get soaked. Even on a gross day the view was beautiful. Will defiantly be coming back on a clearer day.

Myself, my two huskies and my 8 year old hiked this trail a couple weeks ago; it was perfect. Rainy day so you couldn't enjoy the view too much but the trail was manageable and pretty easy, even with the rain. Would recommend!

Went on 12/23 and trail was clear except for a bit of snow/ice near the top. Great views of Baring, Index, and more. Perfect way to break up the Seattle-to-Leavenworth drive. I think All Trails quotes the trail a bit long. WTA said 3.4 (not 3.8) and there were flags every 0.1 mile that corroborated that story. I didn’t bring anything to measure distance myself though.

recorded Heybrook Ridge