Heritage Trail

Heritage Trail is a 7.1 mile out and back trail located near Camas, Washington that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

this trail is rated as moderate, but I would call it more easy. the first mile is pretty plain and boring, but from mile 2 and on it is very pretty. I was walking my dog and it took ke about an hour and a half to do 6 miles. I only encountered only about a dozen people and a few dogs on leash. You follow a dirt path around a lake and through a wooded area, so one point I let my dog off-leash to play in the water which she enjoyed. over all it was a very nice walk. will definitely do it again!

This is my go to trail for runs. It’s so peaceful by the waters edge and not too overly busy. If you go the entire trail, past the cul-de-sac, it’s another world and beautiful. You can hear nothing but the birds and the water lapping the shore.

good trail