Heather Lake Trail

Heather Lake Trail is a 4.2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

old growth

From Granite Falls, E (left) for 12 miles on Mountain Loop Highway, Right on Pilchuck Road for 1.5 miles to trailhead

6 minutes ago

Gorgeous old growth forest with a breath taking Lake at the top. Easy enough

1 hour ago

Great trail!

I love this hike. I took my standard poodle and chihuahua. 1hr up and 1hr back down.

Beautiful lake at top.

Definitely moderate took about an hour from the parking area to the lake, it was a beautiful day! Highly recommend this hike!

Cloudy so we couldn’t see across the lake but it was a fun hike that wasn’t too easy and wasn’t too hard

Get there early! Beautiful hike. Not over crowded in the early morning. When we left at 1pm, the parking lot was packed! Trail was quite enjoyable.
Also don’t forget bug spray.

best trail we have hiked this year.

Trail is good, but watch out for pothole "minefield" on the way up/down the 1.5 mi Mt Pilchuck Access Road to the trailhead! Go very slowly, and even then it's impossible to avoid the masses of scattered potholes. Pray for your car.

This trail was great. It was very rocky all the way to the lake, but the view was worth it. For newcomers, it’s a hike uphill almost the entire way to the lake. If you’re not going over rock which is most of the trail, you are going over roots. The lake is worth the uphill trek. You might think about bringing sandwiches and having a picnic at the top.

love it! beautiful and peaceful place

Did this trail in the rain and it was still amazing! There is a lot of climbing over tree stumps and rocks though, a little hard on the knees coming down. But the lake is a view you can't miss!

We did this hike with a 6 year old, 4 year old, and a 2 year old (in a backpack). And we didn't get all the way to the end. Our kiddos got tired, But it was a beautiful hike. Lots of trees and small streams. We really enjoyed this one. We would definitely do it again. The parking lot is also a good size. There were a lot of people on the trail. But it wasn't insane. Bug spray is definitely a good idea.

Great trail well maintained. Although I would not recommend for kids 8 years and below. It’s not a difficult trail but it has too many rocks and very slippery. Once you get to the top it is worth the hike. Beautiful lake and waterfalls. Make sure you bring bug spray

Love this trail. It is great for a summer day trip. You can do his trail in just a couple of hours and the wildflowers are abundant if you go at the right time. It gets really muddy so waterproof boots are recommended but not a total must. A couple of nice big camping spots are on the west side of the lake and would be great for tent and hammock camping. Highly trafficked trail so if you are looking to meet people instead of get away from them, go here.

fantastic and easy trail. Did this hike twice last summer. very good for beginners. Beautiful lake at the loop but did not see any swimmers.

Make sure you wear waterproof shoes. you have to cross shallow creeks and lots of mud. I was going to run for some of the hike but it was nearly impossible due to the rocks and roots. The rocks and roots were slick and precarious at times. I liked going up rather than coming down. Not my favorite hike, but the lake was pretty.

Did this hike today with two teens and our dog. It was great! Since it was mildly rainy there are quite a few spots that can pose a slippery spot or two on rocks and roots. A bit muddy in places especially up towards the top. No snow on the trail. View was fantastic and would of been even better if it were completely clear. The road up was negotiable with the pot holes in my Kia Forte. The 1.5 miles to trailhead took maybe 10 minutes. Took about 1.5 hours to hike up, and an hour back down. Saw a bunch more dogs. Wish more of them were on a leash though :)

Good hike, lots of mud, stones, water and in the end, some snow, did with my dad to celebrate Father's day, he enjoyed the hike, the view from the lake was majestic, the snow, mountains and waterfalls, wish there were few more places to sit at the lake and enjoy my PBJ

very rocky and rooted trail but beautiful lake at the end. short hike and moderate incline gain. we were at trailhead by 8am and lot full. VERY crowded when we were coming back down at noon. great hike for kids.

Such an amazing reward for such an easy hike! My family and I went later in the day towards sunset and there were lots and lots of bugs/flys so come prepared with bug spray!! Or hike Heather Lake earlier in the day. Enjoy!

Low effort for big lake reward. Make sure you jump into the lake, it’s so refreshing.

This hike is worth the trip. It’s rocky and has some challenges but not too bad. There is snow on the ground as you get near the lake. The view is amazing and you have to see it with your own eyes.

Unbelievably beautiful, rugged and romantic!! Lots of roots, mud and hiking over creeks, a waterfall and snow- but the end result was so gorgeous and worthwhile. The rain made everything even more memorable. I highly recommend this hike for anyone who is up for a wilderness adventure.

Did this 6/4 (Monday morning) High reward for low impact hike! Soooooo beautiful... rained when we were up there and just made it that much more beautiful!! The water was so clear! Definitely again in the summer !

Lots of snow and mud but still a beautiful hike. Will get your heart rate up

The view by the lake makes this hike worth it.

The terrain is very rocky, full of roots, and muddy. This made sure-footing a challenge during much of the hike. My little dog was not a fan at first!

We were shocked that once we got about .25 miles away from the lake there was quite a bit of snow on the ground. A guy stepped through the snow and broke his ankle on a tree root. Be careful if you go this time of year!

Excellent trail! We went 1.5 weeks ago and it was one of the best hikes I’ve ever taken! Moderately difficult, absolutely beautiful, and a gorgeous destination! The last 1/4 of a mile was a bit snowy but fine with hiking shoes. We brought extra socks and used them after the snow and walking through the streams and lake. Loved it!

Great hike to restart the season snow still towards the end and pretty muddy but definitely manageable. Will have to go for a super summer hike and swim

Beautiful hike for moderate skill level. Wear your hiking boots for now, there’s snow!
Also, take the parking lot sign ‘high theft area’ serious!!! Our car’s back window was shattered and my purse was taken. Thankfully I was smart enough to separate my wallet from my purse so the thieves were only gifted with my lipstick and vitamins!!!