Heather Lake Trail

Heather Lake Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

old growth

From Granite Falls, E (left) for 12 miles on Mountain Loop Highway, Right on Pilchuck Road for 1.5 miles to trailhead

Awesome hike. Met some nice people that lead me to the lake in deep snow. Went back few days later to hike it in the snow once again.

Was very fun and difficult for me being a beginner hiker, but the lake at the top was definitely worth the thigh burn. It was absolutely stunning!!!

My friends and I did this and it was pretty fun. I'm out of shape and so is my friend so we had some difficulty cause it goes up. like more than you would think. we also didn't think about snow so we got cold and wet pretty quick. but it was so worth it. very pretty. I would do it again maybe in the summer when there's less snow.

great hike. we did this one in mid November and there was snow, but it was still passable. 6 year old did great too. beautiful lake.

Trails are icy and snow covered about halfway in. We made it to the lake though not bad at all, just lots of slippery spots

Pretty hike. Not very challenging. We used microspikes which helped a lot. We were able to walk across the lake!

Great winter hike! Mountains are beautiful at the top. Did it with normal hiking boots and slipped a couple times but nbd. Even after a light snow the trail was easy to find and follow.

Amazing trail from beginning to end. Lots to look at and the winter snow really made it a cool hike to trek. Definitely need shoe chains though as there is a lot of ice. Looking forward to coming back in the summer to see how it changes.

Just finished this hike and it is my favorite so far. If you go on a day that it snows make sure you have snow tires or at least spikes because you won't make it up the last turn towards the trailhead. Me and my hiking partner just parked at the bottom and hiked and extra half mile. As long as you have the proper gear this hike will be AMAZING with snow. Incline gets a little tough here and there but definitely doable. Be careful of falling trees right now as well, my partner almost was hit by one.

INCREDIBLE little hike. The snow was gorgeous!

amazing 1st hike in washington. The mountains surrounding the lake had snow on them which was so beautiful!