Heather Lake Trail

Heather Lake Trail is a 4.3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Granite Falls, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, birding, fishing, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

old growth

From Granite Falls, E (left) for 12 miles on Mountain Loop Highway, Right on Pilchuck Road for 1.5 miles to trailhead

great hike

Trail length is 2.3 miles rather than 1.9 miles as trailhead shows. Roads are rocky and rooty. But effort and time paid off when I saw the gorgeous lake view.

Beautifully framed lake with the peaks and meadows. Make sure to trek around the lake the different perspectives are great!

Great hike.

I did this hike a few weeks ago and it was gorgeous. We opted to explore a little off the path at the lake towards all the snow. It was so much fun climbing over those rocks! I would advise caution though if you are new to hiking or have children.

This hike felt similar to Lake 22 - also a great hike nearby!

The mountains around the little lake are like out of a Tolkien dream. Unbelievable!!

Pretty hike. Use poles if you have them and good boots. Very rocky, lots of tree roots, worth the view. Did it with x2 7 year olds, my sister and a dog. I press it more of a hard Hike if you have kids in tow. We didn't make around the lake unfortunately cause it was getting dark. My kids have been hiking a bit this summer and on longer trails. This was the hardest for all of us.

I would suggest that if you have little kids who don't hike a lot avoid this just for the amount of rocks you have to climb over. There is a little water fall about halfway up and it's a nice place to dip your head under to cool off.

Bug spray for sure. Enjoy

very peaceful, there was still snow when we did this hike in the spring of this year. I can add photos from my tablet to 22 of these hikes later on.

Very nice hike with a beautiful lake at the top. I definitely recommend good shoes due to the rough terrain of rocks and roots from trees. Some step ups are also pretty significant so be prepared for that. Overall, it was a great hike and a great day.

It was a beautiful view at the top! Too many flies though, made it uncomfortable to actually relax. Besides accidentally tripping on a branch and hurting my knee, the hike was worth it! Definitely would do it again!

a super great hike in early August, the wild flowers were gorgeous & the lake wasn't as cold as i expected actually ! i recommend walking around the whole lake rather than immediately picking a spot to sit down there's many great views & on the far side some huge boulders we climbed up on for pictures & snacks then walked around the rest of the lake & found a nice little spot to set up our hammock & hangout. the bottom of the lake is mostly mud so recommend wearing shoes & maybe bringing a floaty ! although it's a short hike up there it's all uphill so be prepared to break a sweat & bring lots of water !

This is an awesome trail done it multiple times and always have fun just challenging enough for me packing a two year old on my back.