Hamilton Mountain Loop Trail

Hamilton Mountain Loop Trail is a 6.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Stevenson, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A nice steep gorge loop with terrific views. Might get a bit muddy at spots. This trail requires a WA Discover Pass.

I love this hike, especially in the summer, but unfortunately the trail is closed past Hardy/Rodney Falls due to a mudslide. The falls are still accessible, however the hike is only about 3 miles round trip.

Trailhead was closed, parked across the highway and snowshoed in. I was the only person in the whole park, enjoyed a nice hike to the top watched the sunset then hiked in the dark back.

Much better in the winter than it was in the summer.

Great year round trail! A little muddy in parts. Next time hopefully I remember my hiking poles.

Loved it! Hard end of moderate.

the trail is harder than I thought and it is very tiring

Fun hike- combined it with hiking Beacon Rock trail for a fun morning. I went early and was alone on the trail for most of my hike!

This was a great trail with tons of scenic vistas. I highly recommend. The views of the gorge were phenomenal. It was very clear and I could see so many snow capped mountains. Just make sure to have a discovery pass or 10 dollars.

Very hard, tiring trail. But completely worth it if you make it to the top.

I went on this hike after hiking beacon rock and finding it too short and not very challenging. The views on this hike are stunning, although when I was on the summit the views were partially blocked with bushes.
I would rate this hike as moderate. After reaching the summit I completed the loop instead of going down the same way I went up even though it added an additional 1 1/2 miles to the hike and I was rewarded by additional stunning views at the saddle. On this section of the loop I didn't see any other person.
The pool of the winds and the water fall are beautiful, but the lower view point isn't worth the climb down the hill because you can"t see anything. Take the higher path to the pool of the winds and you'll be rewarded.

We hiked this in August of 2014 and we the conditions we had were almost perfect. The temps were right, and the sky was clear aside from the slight haze of wildfires in the area. This trail was pretty good to us considering most of us went into out of shape. We all thought we were ready for it but some of us weren't. We didn't get a chance to make it to the summit of Hamilton Mtn. because one of our group was unable to continue on. Now this isn't a difficult trail per say. A person in moderate shape can do this in a few hours but it definitely has its elevation that will get you. The waterfalls along the trail make for a great opportunity to stop, relax, and cool off. They really are beautiful too! My favorite part of the trail was eating lunch of the cliff face right beside Hamilton's summit about a quarter mile down the trail. It offers great views of the Bonneville Dam and the slightest view of the peak of Mt. Hood and of course the amazing Columbia River and it's gorge! I would definitely love to attempt this again and get to that summit! I'm still looking to get that 360 view of all the volcanoes on a clear day!