Hamilton Mountain Loop Trail

Hamilton Mountain Loop Trail is a 6.9 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Stevenson, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A nice steep gorge loop with terrific views. Might get a bit muddy at spots. This trail requires a WA Discover Pass.

Great views from the "harder" 1.7 mile trail to the top. Nice loop back threw the forest, really nice loop trail.

Great hike! Lots of elevation! As you climb, the trail can get a bit loose, so please wear real hiking shoes with good treads.

Easier than dog mountain but still a steady long uphill climb. The views on the way to the top are INCREDIBLE. Great time all around!

4.5 The view from the top could be better, but the views on the way up and back make it well worth it. Perfect length for the elevation gain.

I see many mixed opinions on this hike. Some have even called it 'easy'. I've done many hikes over the years, and I'd rate this as the difficult side of moderate. If you take the outer trail (to the right), it's a shorter, steep ascent to the top. No reprieve from the climb once you really start into the elevation. I'm in pretty good shape, and I had to stop to catch my breath a handful of times. We were with a group, so I may have taken things more slowly if it was just me (I enjoy stopping for photos, taking in the view, etc). Definite ass-kicker on the way up. We finished the loop and took the 'inner' side down, which was more of a forested walk and much less steep. All in all it was beautiful, but I'm kind of bored with Gorge hikes. They all seem to offer mostly the same types of views. Angel's Rest/Devil's Rest-in my opinion-has a better payoff at the peak of Angel's Rest. But if you want a longer Gorge hike, this one is nice.

Went on a hot, Memorial Day weekend so expected the crowds but still enjoyed a lovely hike! At end of May, saw lots of butterflies, wildflowers (chocolate lilies, Indian paintbrush among others). Beautiful views at top of Adams, Hood, the dam/gorge. Though we didn't do the entire loop, I thought it was a good workout (not too hard or too easy) for my first hike of the season.

Great hike. We only went as far as Hadley falls, but well worth the hike.

Great trail for intermediate hikers, easy for experienced ones. Amazing view at the top of Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams peaks and of the gorge. Highly recommend.