Hamilton Mountain and Rodney Falls Trail

Hamilton Mountain and Rodney Falls Trail is a 6.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Stevenson, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

One of the most popular climbs in the Columbia Gorge with great views of both Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams and the Columbia. This is a wonderful climb in the Columbia Gorge with great views from the many cliffs and ledges near the top of Mt. Hood, Adams and the Columbia River. There is a side catwalk trail you can take along the way and even a beautiful waterfall with bridge viewpoint.

The view was amazing!

Didn't read the reviews before we picked this trail - but I agree with other reviewers that it's on the hard end of moderate. We arrived around 11am and were able to find a parking spot (on a holiday weekend). Bring a pen to write down your plate number and info on the parking pass and $10 cash to pay. We didn't have a pen but were able to use a stick that worked on the carbon-copy.

The trail itself was very steep for the entire first half and if you start with the east trail (right fork to Hamilton Mountain Summit) there are lots of switch-backs and dropoffs/cliffs. The last half had mostly wider trails and more of a gentle decline the entire way back to the split. Careful on the last mile or so after the falls - when you head back to the parking lot you'll be on a path that's easy to slip on if you don't have full-on hiking boots and your legs are sore from all the climbing. The was a forest fire burning on the other side of the river so we didn't get to see any mountains really :( But I'd still like to do it again in the Fall or Spring. Make sure you bring one water bottle per person (or more) and snacks! We finished the loop marked in red in about 4 hours with only a couple short stops.

One of my favorite trails in the gorge. It's a grinding climb to the top of you take the main trailhead and stay right at the fork. The views at the top are not what you hike this for. It's the changing geography and amazing rock formations throughout. There are some killer views as you make your way up, don't get me wrong, but it's not a grand finale at the top. Fall is my favorite time to hike this trail. It's magnificent. I also loved hiking last winter when the top mile was covered in about a foot of snow. If that happens again this year, definitely go!!
Everyone was talking about crowds, I've never had that problem in the fall. I mostly have this trail to myself once the summer crowds go home. Awesome. Two thumbs up.

Not moderate!! It's an up hill climb but worth it. Didn't complete the whole loop but got to the top and headed back down. Beautiful and nice trail just hard on the knees coming down.

This was an awesome trail. I think the miles are wrong and it was difficult and not moderate if you decide to go past the falls. We did not do the entire loop. It was pretty much 3.7 miles uphill to the summit on the right hand fork of the loop with narrow rocky steep uphill trails and sheer cliffs at the side on many points... however STUNNING views and beautiful shady spots to rest. So total our hike up and down was 7.4 mikes... in glad we did it and didn't know how hard it was in advance or would not have gone. A little scary when our dog went right up to the edge of some sheer drop offs.

Amazing hike if you get started early to beat the crowds. I wish the shrubs were cut back on the summit. Can't really see the views very well when you get to it so I wasn't even sure that was the summit by the descriptions I've read. The views were better from the north ridge. Lots of wildflowers and views of Hood, Adams and Table. Also, take Don's Cutoff - you won't regret it!

Amazing! Arrived there at 8am on a Saturday (high was 98 degrees=busy) but didn't have to worry about parking since I got up there early! There is a $10 fee and a guy does come around to give tickets if you don't pay! Bring a snack to eat when you get to the top as going up is pretty rough and steep, but that means going down is a piece of cake :) will so again!!

Did this about a 3 weeks ago. Pretty hike and good exercise!

Amazing and perfect weather/dryness today, 6/2/17! Also, get there before 7:30 a.m. I was lucky to have the trail to the summit all alone. I ran into crowds 2 miles on the way down (around 10:00 ish.) People were circling for parking spots.

Just kind of busy, but definitely a fun trail.