Greenwater Lakes Trail

Greenwater Lakes Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Enumclaw, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, bird watching, and horses and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.9 miles Elevation Gain: 492 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

NOTE: As of September 2019, the bridge is closed approximately 2.5 miles in.

bridge out

no pay station have your pass ranger gives tickets

2.5 miles in, bridge is closed

Great hike and dog friendly. Ive done this hike 3 or 4 times, but never continued on to the second. Today we did it was really pretty to see! Not too far further, only half a mile or so. However, looks like someone’s car was broken into and the trail box to pay for a pass was stolen, so be aware.

Holy vandalism Batman. We arrived around 7a, on Thursday morning. We've hiked this trail several times, and we've always commented it seemed odd that a pay box was kept on site, it seemed not secure. Sure enough - someone had hooked tow straps to the pay box, and ripped it out of the ground, and dragged it off. Recently. Probably within a couple of days of us arriving there. All of the drag marks/dirt were clear as day leading out of the parking lot, and pieces of tow strap were at the location of the pay box. On top of that, possibly the same people broke into many cars in the lot. There was broken car glass in about half of the parking spots. There's also a sign up that the log bridge is out. So, after some debate we decided to hike up to the log bridge and back. We got about a quarter of a mile in and turned around. The uneasiness of the vandalism on site made us too nervous to leave our car unattended. We likely won't be back.

bridge out

One log bridge is damaged and roped off for safety. But I found that the alternate fallen tree upstream was twice as sketchy, and since a warning sign isn't a traffic cop, I took the forbidden path on the way back.

Such a fantastic trail! Beautiful and everyone should do it. Gorgeous scenery and different from the Sunrise area. Creeks and lake so pretty throughout. A must.

Beautiful hike along the river. Super easy for all skill levels

Nice easy hike that's perfect for bringing the dog. Most people have their dog off leash on this hike but I've never had any issues with that.

This was a recommended hike by the Rangers at the Silver Creek visitors center. Hiked this on a Saturday morning. Need a Northwest Forest Pass to park. There were only about 5-6 cars in the parking lot at around 11am. Brought our dog on leash. Entered the trail and it was fully shaded. Absolutely stunning, moss covered forest. The river added a nice element to our walk. Not many people on the trail, saw a few backpackers exiting the trail. The end of the hike had a nice area to just sit and have our dog explore around a bit. This hike had a lot of trees and nature to see during the hike.

We did this hike Thursday, 8August2019. We got to the trail head and started our trip out at 8:47am. There were two other cars in the lot but we never saw/heard anyone else on the way out. On the way back (around 2:45) we passed two groups and the parking lot was still pretty empty, 6 cars total. The trail is well maintained with lots of fun off-paths that lead down to the river or out to Greenwater Lake. The AllTrails app has this map curving around the top of the ponds... if you follow that you’ll find some nice camping spots but plenty of spots along the trail before those are near the river. Other than the camping spots, it’s a dead end for this specific trail. We stopped and ate lunch in the clearing, goofed off around in the river and climbed over some of the down trees to get to the “island” on the other side... it was a blast! Hiking boots weren’t necessary. Totally kid friendly if they know their water safety and mind their footing because it’s a pretty rooty/rocky path in spots. Dog friendly was a huge plus, our dogs had a blast! Even though it was cloudy and misty this was so gorgeous. Trail head was easy to find. There’s a bathroom at the beginning... bring your own TP. Passed a shooting range on the way up. I know this trails allows horses, but to me this is not a prime horse trail ... my horses would have a tough time navigating some of the narrow bridges, many of the up/downs to the bridges and a lot of the rockier terrain. People do use it for horses though, we saw 4 or 5 piles on the trail. I have a draft and the bridges look just sketchy enough that I wouldn’t expect it to hold her weight... not an option to cross under it since there’s rushing water into a deep trench. Maybe lighter bone horses though!

Trail conditions were great. Some fun bridges and stone step crossings to add some adventure. The stream and lake were beautiful. Enough shaded area along the trail to limit sun exposure. Our pup loved it, as well. There were a lot (5+) of dogs off leash along the trail, which was a challenge in some of the more narrow parts of the trail. We took a very leisurely stroll, taking photos and allowing the pup some time to play in the steam. Overall, it was beautiful, very family friendly, and easy to navigate. Happy hiking!

Loved it bring your swim suit!! When completed my tracker said 7.01 miles...

The constant gunfire didn’t sit well with me or my nervous rescue dogs. Also some backwoods POS growled at my dogs.

Great day today. Not overly crowded and everyone I met were nice. One couple their cat with them, and I think it preferred the shoulder view over the walk.

Great hike with my 13 year old. Moderate to easy, minimal inclines, very shady. Loved the lakes and that you are along the river most of the time. Arrived around 9 am and finished 5.38 miles by 11:30. Stopped a lot for pictures on the way out, and a small break for lunch, but steady pace back with few stops. Will be back again for sure. Discover pass isn’t valid here, and the lot is small.

great quick hike not to far from home. beautiful and green! trail was in great shape with just a few muddy spots. as a self professed couch potato...the trip out to the lake for sure got the heart rate up, but was very doable. while not crowded, there were plenty of people around...from families with small children to older people. The return trip makes it easy to forget the uphills on the way to the lake :).

Hiked to both lakes this morning, in and out in about 3 hours with a short stop at the second lake. this is a beautiful hike, we loved how a good portion of the trail ran along the river, also loved the cool log bridges (3 of them) that crossed the river. a shout out to the forest service crew that was making some improvements to the first log bridge; thank you guys for keeping the trail in such great condition!

This was a good trail for kids. We saw a few other hikers along the way. Easy to find and plenty of parking on a Monday. The lake at the end was really pretty and we stopped and ate a few snacks before heading back out. Lots of pretty wild flowers right before the lake today (June 24).

Fun easy hike with a few steep parts. Went on a Sunday parking lot was almost completely full but still only saw a handful of people on the actual hike. Will do again.

This was an easy hike. A few steep spots but it felt more like an easy walk most of the way. The trail runs along a creek with three (if I recall) wooden bridges crossing it on the way up. The woods were magical and the lakes even more so!

Nice easy hike with lots of pretty views. Small parking lot, but it wasn’t overly crowded today 6/15. We went just past the lake and clocked a total of 5.6 miles.

A great easy hike with beautiful scenery. Perfect for kids or anyone just getting into hiking or back into hiking. My buddy and I took this trail as we backpacked up to Lost Lake. I really encourage any of you to go to Quinn lake and Lost lake. Quinn is small with a couple camping spots. The water is crystal clear with an amazing turquoise color! Lost lake is a bit bigger and has a few more camping spots right on the lake. Absolutely beautiful up there!

This is not a very scenic trail, but is easy to do with young kids.

I took the last spot in the parking lot at 9:30am but no one had parked on the FSR at that point. Lot was half empty at 2pm when I returned. Trail is in pretty good shape, intermittently soggy to Greenwater Lakes but almost all dry after you pass the second lake. The round trip hike to Lost Lake is more like 12.5 miles and it's also not a difficult hike, more like moderate as the elevation gain is minimal and spread out. Basically had Lost Lake to myself as all the overnighters were coming down as I went up. While you pass through the remnants of the Norse Peak Fire in 2017, and see the carnage on the mountains, it's still beautiful at Lost Lake.

Great trail. well kept ny the ranger. bathrooms wefe a little on the nasty side...

I would recommend this trail for overnight backpackers with kids. Easy 2 miles walk, few bridges (one of them with a big inclination, they are slippery when wet) to Greenwater Lakes. Few campsites near the water. We were lucky to see few ducklings and goslings. We went on memorial weekend, the Park Ranger stopped by to alert us that a cougar had been seen near the road. No mosquitos. Dog friendly, in fact most hikers had dogs with them.

Beautiful trail, saw a bald eagle and a river otter.

This was a fun, short hike of about 5.2 miles round trip to the end of Greenwater Lakes. We didn’t head up to Echo lake this trip. There is only about 617 feet of elevation gain which makes it great for kids. There are several log bridges along the way and they are in pretty good condition. The bridges, water features, and great trail conditions make this a very entertaining hike.