Greenwater Lakes Trail

Greenwater Lakes Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Greenwater, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Seattle, east on I-90, south on I-405 and then south on Highway 169 to Enumclaw. In Enumclaw, S on Highway 410. 18.8 miles past mile marker 26 turn Left on FSR 70 for 9.7 miles. Right on FSR 7033 for 0.2 miles to trailhead.

We kept going in that trail and got to a split with 2 choices; echo lake (left) and lost lake(right). We decided for lost lake and it was absolutely breathtaking. Beautiful area for camping right by the river; we saw many people just having a blast camping and playing in the water with their kids . It ended up being 11.5 miles round trip and we're happy we did it!

Nice trail. There are a few good hills but it's beautiful.

nice quick hike to the lake, lots of dogs and a few horses.

A very nice trail with interesting bridges

The lake is pretty and much of the scenery getting to it is as well. This hike was rated easy, and I would definitely disagree. I am out of shape and overweight, much of the last mile is up hill, with a set of pretty large and steep stairs. I really struggled with these, as did other people on the trail (of fitness levels equivalent to or even better than mine). The worst part of this hike is the tilted, but solid log bridge. The stairs are at an awful slant, the hand rail is leaning against a tree on said stairs, and the entire bridge isn't level. Part of the handrail is broken off on the bridge as well. I crossed it twice and obviously, I am fine, but be prepared for this, as the pictures do not accurately depict how scary this bridge actually is.

Beautiful hike. I'm assuming this is rated easy because it's short. But it's definitely a good climb in. Mostly uphill in and mostly downhill back. The little river at the end is absolutely stunning. And the bridges along the way, especially the leaning one, are really well made.

Great hike!! Took off one star only because of the moderate-heavy traffic on weekends. It was still a wonderful hike though, several places to either swim or just dip your legs/toes into the creek and lakes, and it's pretty easy but you still get a workout in. FYI to anyone who has issues with dogs, almost everyone we ran into including ourselves, brought a dog/s.

7/4/2017 (Tuesday) - The trail is in perfect condition these days, dry, no mud, no snow, no bug, good shade, cool by the rapidly dropping creek/river, several bridges, with the first and biggest being damaged and posing a passable challenge, light to moderate traffic, many being campers going home, not much elevation gain, mostly flat, wide, smooth, great for beginners, kids, elderlies, creaky knees...

This trail was like walking through a fairy tale. Lots of dogs on the trail which I enjoyed. Even saw several horses. I only swatted a few mosquitoes. Only one bridge was precarious.

We loved the trail it's in good condition and hiking along the river was beautiful. Our only complaint was the number of dogs on the trail that were off leash. It felt like we were hiking in an off leash dog park.

80+ today with a fair amount of traffic on the trail. Just a bit of mud in a few areas