Greenwater Lakes Trail

Greenwater Lakes Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Greenwater, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Seattle, east on I-90, south on I-405 and then south on Highway 169 to Enumclaw. In Enumclaw, S on Highway 410. 18.8 miles past mile marker 26 turn Left on FSR 70 for 9.7 miles. Right on FSR 7033 for 0.2 miles to trailhead.

Took the trail out to Lost Lake today (Thurs) and didn't see another person until I was almost back to the trailhead. Lost Lake would be a beautiful place to camp, I'm adding it to my list.

Great easy hike. Lots of cool bridges. I just wish I could have found a spot to hang my hammock.

Hiked this 7/7/18 absolutely beautiful, loved being right by the raging water and all of the bridge crossings. Major bridge is crossable but at a slant. Parking and bathroom facilities available at trailhead.

Went today with the family.. beautiful weather. Not a lot of people. Was a little confused it said trail #1177 on direction but when we got there it was #1176, we just rolled with it and glad we did. 2 miles in we ended up at a lake (not sure if it's Echo or Lost lake) but if you keep going about a mile your ended up at another lake.

Great time at the Lake today! The water was so clear and lots of fish were jumping. It is a great way to spend a lazy afternoon. There wasn’t a lot of people out and the road getting there was paved and well maintained unlike a lot of FSR’s I’ve been down. This was a very great discovery.

Super easy trail. Lots of cover from the trees. Easy hike for families

This was my first forest hike of the summer; a beautiful hike! The first bridge is very slanted, but still stable. The trail was clear of trees and the water was so beautiful, pictures don’t really do it justice. You can continue on from the lake if you head left and find trails to echo lake and lost lake (the trail gets a little steeper/more difficult, but nothing to sweat about).

Note: Most dogs were not on leashes and there were a few people that set up tents by the trail.

I highly recommend it!

What a beautiful hike! Took my 16 yr old and 4 yr old. We all did it, I is have to carry my little one a little in the way back but it was do-able for him. Probably wouldn’t take anyone younger than him unless you have a carrier. The lake is amazing!

This is definitely a beautiful trail but I wouldn't consider it kid friendly under 8 years old as there are a lot of fallen trees. Additionally, almost no one observed dogs "on leash".

Enjoyed!

Beautiful Trail! We went as a group with 4 adults, two teens, and our 8 month old, so definitely good for all skill sets! The trail was clear, and no snow. There was one downed tree that you can either climb over or go under, but it was easy to get by. Roads up to the trailhead are fine for all vehicles and the parking lot allowed for plenty. There are restrooms at the trailhead.
The bridges are fun to cross, and the rivers were gushing! A few small waterfalls along the way too! You made it when you get to the lake and cross the last bridge after you have seen the lake, take a left so you can have lunch at the lake on the logs!

They do require a pass or $5 payment at the lot, but the pay stall had no envelopes or a working/ secure place to put your money....

Gorgeous!

Beautiful

Beauty all around, elevation not bad conditions were perfect. No snow water was raging, definitely doing this hike again. Great hike with family too

Beautiful from start to finish... trail were free of snow to Green Lake..
great hike for all ages with lots of river views,,

Great hike! Not too bad of an elevation change throughout and the river was really flowing! Toward the end of it, it was a bit burned and trail wasn’t very well maintained so we didn’t get all the way to the end.

This was a great, fun hike! there was lots of snow just added to the adventure! can't wait to hike again this summer.

Beautiful day on the trail. Water is raging, it’s amazing!! Some snow in areas, but just a light dusting. Road had some icy spots but just before you get to the trailhead. I’ve never hike this trail at this time of year, it was awesome!!!!

Did this trail today..Never get tired of hiking this one.. hearing the sound of water for most of the hike.. So relaxing..Trail conditions were great, Almost got to Echo Lake( Only had about 2 miles left) But I was pushing it with daylight ..A few big trees down where you either had to go under or climb over..But for most part trail was AMAZING for me anyways

went for a day hike last thursday we were excited seen a few elk just about 3mi out from the trailhead and came across a 1/4 in sheet of ice covering the road luckily I made the right decision to back off. might try again Monday with weather permitting. I live in Seattle area so was kinda bummed but stopped at the base of the hill and walked a bit was still refreshing.

This trail does not disappoint! Beautiful scenery. Gorgeous river. Fall leaves with amazing colors. And of course the fun bridges. My dog loves it, too! Watch out for area where the edge of the North Peak Fire was, we just climbed over about 3 logs that are over the trail and were fine. Worth the effort! (:

The path was in great condition and we loved the scenery. The proximity to the river is a nice feature. We did not get all the way to the bridge so I can't comment on the condition. Would love to go back some day and finish the entire trail.

Love this trail. We took the kids and had so much fun with all the beauty. Would definitely do this trail again.

good trail to enjoy while you hike.

Great hike - the power to lakes are beautiful !!! Made them at sunrise !! Didn't get to echo lake but really nice sites along tithe way !!

loved this trail! nice easy hike and decent camping spots

Sunday, August 13, 2017

We kept going in that trail and got to a split with 2 choices; echo lake (left) and lost lake(right). We decided for lost lake and it was absolutely breathtaking. Beautiful area for camping right by the river; we saw many people just having a blast camping and playing in the water with their kids . It ended up being 11.5 miles round trip and we're happy we did it!

Friday, August 11, 2017

Nice trail. There are a few good hills but it's beautiful.

Monday, July 31, 2017

nice quick hike to the lake, lots of dogs and a few horses.

Monday, July 17, 2017

A very nice trail with interesting bridges