Greenwater Lakes Trail

Greenwater Lakes Trail is a 4.9 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Greenwater, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

From Seattle, east on I-90, south on I-405 and then south on Highway 169 to Enumclaw. In Enumclaw, S on Highway 410. 18.8 miles past mile marker 26 turn Left on FSR 70 for 9.7 miles. Right on FSR 7033 for 0.2 miles to trailhead.

22 minutes ago

Great hike! Not too bad of an elevation change throughout and the river was really flowing! Toward the end of it, it was a bit burned and trail wasn’t very well maintained so we didn’t get all the way to the end.

This was a great, fun hike! there was lots of snow just added to the adventure! can't wait to hike again this summer.

Beautiful day on the trail. Water is raging, it’s amazing!! Some snow in areas, but just a light dusting. Road had some icy spots but just before you get to the trailhead. I’ve never hike this trail at this time of year, it was awesome!!!!

Did this trail today..Never get tired of hiking this one.. hearing the sound of water for most of the hike.. So relaxing..Trail conditions were great, Almost got to Echo Lake( Only had about 2 miles left) But I was pushing it with daylight ..A few big trees down where you either had to go under or climb over..But for most part trail was AMAZING for me anyways

went for a day hike last thursday we were excited seen a few elk just about 3mi out from the trailhead and came across a 1/4 in sheet of ice covering the road luckily I made the right decision to back off. might try again Monday with weather permitting. I live in Seattle area so was kinda bummed but stopped at the base of the hill and walked a bit was still refreshing.

This trail does not disappoint! Beautiful scenery. Gorgeous river. Fall leaves with amazing colors. And of course the fun bridges. My dog loves it, too! Watch out for area where the edge of the North Peak Fire was, we just climbed over about 3 logs that are over the trail and were fine. Worth the effort! (:

The path was in great condition and we loved the scenery. The proximity to the river is a nice feature. We did not get all the way to the bridge so I can't comment on the condition. Would love to go back some day and finish the entire trail.

Love this trail. We took the kids and had so much fun with all the beauty. Would definitely do this trail again.

good trail to enjoy while you hike.

Great hike - the power to lakes are beautiful !!! Made them at sunrise !! Didn't get to echo lake but really nice sites along tithe way !!

loved this trail! nice easy hike and decent camping spots

We kept going in that trail and got to a split with 2 choices; echo lake (left) and lost lake(right). We decided for lost lake and it was absolutely breathtaking. Beautiful area for camping right by the river; we saw many people just having a blast camping and playing in the water with their kids . It ended up being 11.5 miles round trip and we're happy we did it!

Nice trail. There are a few good hills but it's beautiful.

nice quick hike to the lake, lots of dogs and a few horses.

A very nice trail with interesting bridges

The lake is pretty and much of the scenery getting to it is as well. This hike was rated easy, and I would definitely disagree. I am out of shape and overweight, much of the last mile is up hill, with a set of pretty large and steep stairs. I really struggled with these, as did other people on the trail (of fitness levels equivalent to or even better than mine). The worst part of this hike is the tilted, but solid log bridge. The stairs are at an awful slant, the hand rail is leaning against a tree on said stairs, and the entire bridge isn't level. Part of the handrail is broken off on the bridge as well. I crossed it twice and obviously, I am fine, but be prepared for this, as the pictures do not accurately depict how scary this bridge actually is.

Beautiful hike. I'm assuming this is rated easy because it's short. But it's definitely a good climb in. Mostly uphill in and mostly downhill back. The little river at the end is absolutely stunning. And the bridges along the way, especially the leaning one, are really well made.

Great hike!! Took off one star only because of the moderate-heavy traffic on weekends. It was still a wonderful hike though, several places to either swim or just dip your legs/toes into the creek and lakes, and it's pretty easy but you still get a workout in. FYI to anyone who has issues with dogs, almost everyone we ran into including ourselves, brought a dog/s.

7/4/2017 (Tuesday) - The trail is in perfect condition these days, dry, no mud, no snow, no bug, good shade, cool by the rapidly dropping creek/river, several bridges, with the first and biggest being damaged and posing a passable challenge, light to moderate traffic, many being campers going home, not much elevation gain, mostly flat, wide, smooth, great for beginners, kids, elderlies, creaky knees...

This trail was like walking through a fairy tale. Lots of dogs on the trail which I enjoyed. Even saw several horses. I only swatted a few mosquitoes. Only one bridge was precarious.

We loved the trail it's in good condition and hiking along the river was beautiful. Our only complaint was the number of dogs on the trail that were off leash. It felt like we were hiking in an off leash dog park.

80+ today with a fair amount of traffic on the trail. Just a bit of mud in a few areas

Good trail and pretty easy.

This was absolutely fabulous. Great scenery of all kinds. Interesting bridges, waterfalls, an interesting sign pointing you to a Toilet about 3.5 miles in, (didn't get that reference) but it led us to a nice place to rest alongside the river with lots of great rocks for those of you who are rockhounds! Gonna go back and go right instead of left and up to Echo Lakes! Saw an eagle, geese, ducks, chipmunks, tons of Elk had been thru. Great trail and we lucked out on a beautiful day.

Sunday, March 19, 2017

I have hiked this trail several times with my Lab. We love it.

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Arived at 9 this morning. NW Forest Pass or Interagency pass required. Can pay onsite. Only 3 other cars at the trailhead. Weather was cool but a little overcast. Trail is very well maintained and easy to follow. Parts were a little wet and you could see horse shoe tracks, but never saw the horses/riders. Only saw 3 or 4 other groups/pairs. Lots of bridges to cross. Hiked past the upper Greenwater Lake, about 6 miles round trip. Crossed the bridge that was "closed" due to storm damage. Bridge tilts to one side and one section of top rail missing on the side leaning towards the water. No wobble/sway when crossing the bridge. Bridge possible missing after the upper lake (going towards Echo Lake). Crossed at the horse ford to get to the next bridge. Enjoyed the hike and will hike again to Echo Lake.

Sunday, August 28, 2016