Green Mountain via Gold Creek Trail

Green Mountain via Gold Creek Trail is a 3.5 mile out and back trail located near Crosby, Washington that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the shortcut version of the trail, following the power lines from the 2nd bench.

What a great hike!! I loved being able to bring my pup along and see sweeping views of the Puget Sound and a way of distant Seattle skyline. Don’t forget your Discover Pass because there is no way to snag a day permit. Beautiful overcast day with fantastic array of weather!

waterfalls, views and a steady trail. Add on the upper section on wildcat trail for a panoramic view of the Puget Sound.

We went in January and the views were beautiful. Lots of pee on the trail, though it could have been rain....

Love this trail, easy and beautiful!

Great hike! Did it in the rain in the winter and didn’t see anyone else out on the trail! Loved it!

very beautiful place

Fair hike. Took me 45 minutes to reach the top. The best views came from the logging area about 3/4 of the way up.

It's a good moderate hike - not the lush forests of the Olympics, but a nice mostly shaded option for a warm weather trek.
The views from about 3/4 to the vista were lovely of the surrounding lakes and woods.
Cons: The last part of the trail crosses and follows along a logging road and clear cut area which is a little sad to see for forest enthusiasts. Also the trail is shared with motor dirt bikes that can be noisy and a bit sketchy when they come hauling around blind corners. Ran into them mostly in the lowest parts of the hike.

Overall it's a nice short day hike, we started late afternoon and it took maybe 1.5-2 hrs up from the trailhead parking lot to the vista and back.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Great views, moderate hike.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

This is the closest hike to where I live so I use it pretty frequently to get a bit of a workout without having to drive 1+ hours away. My main issue with this trail is that 80% of the people who have dogs don't keep their dogs on leash. I have had other off leash dogs 'rush' my on leash dogs more times than any other place I have hiked combined. One time I even had two pits bulls run towards my dogs from 30 feet away and jump on them and getting in a fight, which was terrifying. Overall it's a fun, quick hike with nice views at the top, I just wish more people would respect the other users who use this trail. I have even been thanked by other people for keeping my dogs on leash pretty much every time I'm on this trail which is sad since I'm just doing what I'm supposed to in the first place.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

if you love the outdoors and you like a great hike on a sunny day but stay cool is the trail for you

Monday, June 05, 2017