Green Mountain via Gold Creek Trail

Green Mountain via Gold Creek Trail is a 3.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bremerton, Washington that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and nature trips and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the shortcut version of the trail, following the power lines from the 2nd bench.

Trail: good shape. Couple mud puddles.

Wildlife: pets, a horse and a bald eagle spotted on the drive to the trailhead.

Traffic: Moderate, started at 1PM on a Saturday, only a couple spots left in the lot, but no one was circling.

Views: good view of the Olympics about 2/3rds up. At the peak, Bremerton and Seattle were visible with Cascades in the distance.

My husband and I love this trail! We kicked off hiking season today and this is a great beginner trail - not too difficult but still nice views of Seattle at the top, and lots of dogs along the trail.

This hike was fantastic, my dog had a great time as well. It was a little steeper than I thought it would be, but the views at the end were totally worth it. There were spots of snow and mud but I completely expected that since it’s March. I will definitely be back.

A nice moderately sized hike, good for a day's workout. You're rewarded with a beautiful view at the end!

Nice trail that is a 10 minute drive. The view of the mountains is beautiful from the top. Not a challenging trail, but it always has heavy traffic. There are multiple trails that this trail connects to.

Always an amazing hike! Great little incline the entire way up for an awesome leg workout and super easy going back.
Gets SUPER crowded, we ALWAYS go right after sunrise to beat the crowds and when we make it back to the car the parking lot is packed around 8-9am, otherwise the trail is way too crowded and loud, along with way too many people at the vista overlook/summit. Just beat the crowds, it's so worth it!

Absolutely loved it. Davis trail was beautiful and we saw a beaver dam and other signs. There were some easy points. watch out for horses.

Great hike in 90 degree weather. Once you get to the vista a nice breeze comes in, a bench and beautiful views. I’m not saying it was easy getting there and then if you follow alltrails map to the end...... oh my, straight up little path with very loose rocks. Once at the end of trail another beautiful view and picnic tables . Going down smooth but watch for loose rocks as it is steep at times. Seems a lot of people like this area, busy trail but not too bad.

Great hike! I took the Gold Creek trail up, then split off onto the Plummer trail on the way back down. Plummer trail had loose dirt and rocks that made it a bit slick in places. Gold Creek trail was technical in spots but overall a well-marked trail with great views of the San Juan islands. I took the Vista trail at the end and caught a glimpse of Mt. Rainier.

Great spot for a quick hike. Trail was well kept & clean. Not crowded like some other hikes. Plenty of free street parking if you don’t have a discover pass. Beautiful view at the top!

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

What a great hike!! I loved being able to bring my pup along and see sweeping views of the Puget Sound and a way of distant Seattle skyline. Don’t forget your Discover Pass because there is no way to snag a day permit. Beautiful overcast day with fantastic array of weather!

Monday, February 12, 2018

waterfalls, views and a steady trail. Add on the upper section on wildcat trail for a panoramic view of the Puget Sound.

Saturday, January 20, 2018

We went in January and the views were beautiful. Lots of pee on the trail, though it could have been rain....

Sunday, January 07, 2018

Love this trail, easy and beautiful!

Friday, December 29, 2017

Great hike! Did it in the rain in the winter and didn’t see anyone else out on the trail! Loved it!

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

very beautiful place

Friday, September 15, 2017

Fair hike. Took me 45 minutes to reach the top. The best views came from the logging area about 3/4 of the way up.

Monday, July 17, 2017

It's a good moderate hike - not the lush forests of the Olympics, but a nice mostly shaded option for a warm weather trek.
The views from about 3/4 to the vista were lovely of the surrounding lakes and woods.
Cons: The last part of the trail crosses and follows along a logging road and clear cut area which is a little sad to see for forest enthusiasts. Also the trail is shared with motor dirt bikes that can be noisy and a bit sketchy when they come hauling around blind corners. Ran into them mostly in the lowest parts of the hike.

Overall it's a nice short day hike, we started late afternoon and it took maybe 1.5-2 hrs up from the trailhead parking lot to the vista and back.

Saturday, May 20, 2017

Great views, moderate hike.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

This is the closest hike to where I live so I use it pretty frequently to get a bit of a workout without having to drive 1+ hours away. My main issue with this trail is that 80% of the people who have dogs don't keep their dogs on leash. I have had other off leash dogs 'rush' my on leash dogs more times than any other place I have hiked combined. One time I even had two pits bulls run towards my dogs from 30 feet away and jump on them and getting in a fight, which was terrifying. Overall it's a fun, quick hike with nice views at the top, I just wish more people would respect the other users who use this trail. I have even been thanked by other people for keeping my dogs on leash pretty much every time I'm on this trail which is sad since I'm just doing what I'm supposed to in the first place.

Thursday, March 23, 2017

if you love the outdoors and you like a great hike on a sunny day but stay cool is the trail for you