Green Mountain via Davis and Gold Creek Trails

Green Mountain via Davis and Gold Creek Trails is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bremerton, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from June until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,040 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Directions from Amboy: Travel north on State Highway 503 for approximately four miles to Forest Route 54. Follow 54 east to the forest boundary (about 8-9 miles). Continue on 54 east to Forest Route 57. Follow 57 east approximately one mile to Forest Route 5701. Follow 5701 north then east to the trailhead for Siouxon Trail #130. Follow this trail northeast for approximately five miles to Wildcat Trail.

It was a good hike, the logging takes away from the view at the top. Signs could be better.

Had a great hike. Hiked from Gold Creek trail head to Davis Trail and back. Beautiful day to hike.

beautiful view from the top. clearcutting sucks however.

Beautiful Trail and great area. Lots of excellent scenery in a very large area. Lots of areas for both the intermediate and expect Hiking. The only negative I would give this Trail is the map and signage is not the best; making it very easy to get lost, but overall a great experience.

Beautiful trail! We were so distracted by nature that we did an 8.1 mile hike with our two dogs in tow. Sadly the map was partially at fault because we got a little side tracked. A few of the areas were closed off due to logging. There was a bit of mud and some mud puddles which made the hike dirtier, yet more fun! The beaver dam was amazing, we also spotted a few wood peckers and frog foam. The sights and sounds of nature are calming. 4 stars because the map is not accurate and no signs or markers were posted. Bring a compass!

We took Gold Creek up to vista. Rain and grey blocked the views but still a great hike.

definitely a hike! lots of rocks and tree roots. my dog and I had a great time. take a picture of the map and be prepared for amazing views!

As long as you go counterclockwise this is an amazing mountain bike trail. The down hill appears to be a dried-up riverbed with large exposed roots and a few ~2foot drops along the way.

trail is in good condition, took the dog for our daily 10 mile hike

I loved it! I was just going to do Gold Creek, but since I had already done the upward trek and still felt good, I opted to keep going for the full loop. It's important to note that you turn off Wildcat Trail onto a logging road, and Davis trail isn't immediately marked at the bottom of the hill. But I only walked a little further than I should have, and easily found my way back.

Mon Jul 16 2018

Good hike. Knocked it out in just under 3 hours carry 60 extra lbs. Flat for the first 2-ish miles but significant increase the last part. A little confusing toward Green Mt Vista. A lot of converging trails.

Sun May 13 2018

Very difficult, misjudged the jump from moderate to hard on this app. Made it to the top but definitely not for the beginning hiker who thinks they are in shape. Would definitely go June-July when the snow is melted. Fell through the snow into the lake, pretty cold. But all in all breathtaking views of waterfalls and surrounding mountains. Will do again in July

Mon Feb 12 2018

wildcat trail starts at the wildcat trail head. This is a link of green mountain trail to a logging road that connects to the upper section of wildcat trail. but, still well worth it.

Sun Jan 21 2018

Went on a windy-rainy day, perfect hike with my pooch!