Green Mountain Lookout Via Gold Creek Trail

Green Mountain Lookout Via Gold Creek Trail is a 4.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bremerton, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A moderate climb to great views of the olympics, Seattle, Bremerton, and even Mount Rainier. You will share the trail with other hikers as well as mountain bikes and horses (even if you don't see the horse you will know it was there).

great views. rivers and streams. there's a mine. beautiful vista views. challenging for small children but can be done. expect heavy traffic during long weekends.

My dogs and I love this hike. There’s lots of different trails, some nice creeks for drinking from (them...not me) and amazing views at the top. It can be busy so it’s not good for off leash time but they don’t care by the time we’re done because their worn out.

I thoroughly enjoyed the scenery of Gold Creek and Green Mountain Vista. There were some very nice little bridges over streams within the first half mile and then it was a scenic climb up to Green Mountain Vista. Although the Olympic Mountains were not fully viable due to cloud cover, you could see Seattle. I ran on a weekday and only saw hikers and couple dogs. Fortunately no motorcycles,,,

I didn’t realize there were so many trails options until I viewed a map in the parking lot.

As an added bonus, the coffee kiosk at the Xheveon station was really good.

I came here with the intentions to just do gold creek but I have to say this trail was awesome. I leads to other trails too. I ventured on a few of them on the way back but did not go too far into them because they did not pop up on the app but honestly following all trails there’s no way to get lost. The views were awesome but camera phones do no justice. There is also a trail that leads to the waterfall I hit it up on the way on the trail and on the way back I got a better view from another trail I found. All and all this was nice. I plan on coming back to find out where these other trails lead but I may come with someone else. I feel if I wasn’t alone I would’ve ventured further on a few of these other trails. It is well maintained and it has plenty of signs so again it is really hard to get lost. You do need a discovery pass but there is a little area on the side of the road for cars I parked mine there and it was just how I left it. Finally I’d like to shout out the lady who actually ran this trail three times.

Beautiful hike

Mostly easy trail but a nice one to do if you're local. Can get challenging at times. We did this with 2 kids on our backs and it took us 3 hours. Can get busy with people on dirt bikes which is a little scary trying to make sure they see you as they're speeding around corners. If you can go on a less busy day when bikes aren't out, it's definitely worth it.

good trail,no complaints,only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is I have had more fun on other trails but for reasons I don't realy know why

fun easy trail. Well maintained and well marked. found a fun waterfall on the way back

Really great spot to get a work out, and experience lovely views without having to drive too far away from Bremerton.

a nice peaceful walk not really hard nice view of seattle from the top will do it again soon

The trails were clearly marked and in good condition. There were a few other groups on the trail at 9:00am on a weekday...all in all not crowded. Be aware that most dog owners don't follow the leash requirements. I asked two other parties to leash their dogs, per trail rules, after their dogs rushed and tried to bite my two leashed dogs. The other parties answered my request with colorful language and refusals. If you don't like other dogs rushing your personal space, then take precautions ahead of time.

I wasn't aware I needed a Discover pass, I should've known. It would have been nice if it said somewhere on this site. Still eager to go on a hike here :)

A great hike! Be warned, a discover pass is required to park in the lot but thankfully there is roadside parking also. I took my dogs and we had an awesome time, the views from the top are worth the steep hills to get there. It's narrow in spots but there's plenty of room for passing each other without issue. I have a human aggressive dog and he had plenty of space to avoid issues.

Lovely day on the trail. Easy hike up to the top. Nice little swimming hole to cool off in along the way down.

well marked and maintained, not hard but enough to keep you interested

good hike with the dog

Really enjoyed this trail for the 1.5 miles or so I hiked. Would've hiked the whole thing but I ran out of daylight

lots of trails to choose from and dog friendly

excellent and easy trail. I love taking my dog back there and just taking it all in. Very easy to follow and there are some killer views at towards the top

Done this one a few times, nice one to do after work. Has anyone found the caves near by on this trail? They are small. TIA.