Granite Mountain Trail

Granite Mountain Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Take a trek up to the lookout cabin at the top of this beautiful peak in Snoqualmie Pass Follow a very steep trail for 4 miles to the summit of this tall peak alongside I-90. You will have spectacular views from the top, where there is a fire tower, of the surrounding alpine lakes and peaks. You will also have a great view of Mt. Rainier towering above all the other peaks to the south.

59 minutes ago

Did this on the clearest of clear days. 68 degrees couldn't have asked for a better day. Difficult to reach lookout tower but view is worth it. What an amazing hike. Could see Rainier, Adams and the Olympics. Would do again.

Great hike and easy access off the 90... Easy to get off trail in snowy conditions.

Excellent hike (gets your body moving for sure) and has amazing views past the tree line. Go in late September for the best wild blueberries and push on a little further for the lookout tower.

Deep snow in winter.

Will do again and again and again.

My friend & I did this hike a couple months ago & it was great! The first couple of miles were flat land so we thought it would be easy, but we were wrong once we hit mile 3 or 4. It is most definitely the most beautiful hike I have been on in Washington. My friend & I accidentally cut through a wrong area when the trail gets less maintained & went much much higher than most, but I was just as pretty then too. (I am 90% sure this is the hike I am thinking of.)

One of my favorites when it's not too crowded