Granite Mountain Trail

Granite Mountain Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Take a trek up to the lookout cabin at the top of this beautiful peak in Snoqualmie Pass Follow a very steep trail for 4 miles to the summit of this tall peak alongside I-90. You will have spectacular views from the top, where there is a fire tower, of the surrounding alpine lakes and peaks. You will also have a great view of Mt. Rainier towering above all the other peaks to the south.

My friend & I did this hike a couple months ago & it was great! The first couple of miles were flat land so we thought it would be easy, but we were wrong once we hit mile 3 or 4. It is most definitely the most beautiful hike I have been on in Washington. My friend & I accidentally cut through a wrong area when the trail gets less maintained & went much much higher than most, but I was just as pretty then too. (I am 90% sure this is the hike I am thinking of.)

One of my favorites when it's not too crowded

Great hike today, beautiful in the winter weather

Two of my friends and I hiked this trail on an early morning in wish to catch sunrise but we greatly under-estimated the difficulty of the trail.
With the wish to catch sunrise three of us left Bellevue 5:45 in the morning, there are lots of cars on I-90 but HOV lane was enough for us the speed a little bit. At 6:33 we had arrive at the trail-head and right away we get on the hike. It was fairly dark with a bare glimpse of the twilight. At first the elevation gain was fairly slow and easy. But the second trail hits about 3200 ft things went south, intensity sky-rocketed on this zigzag till about 4100 ft. We got separated around the open meadow area so it took us a little bit to regroup and rest but we FINALLY summit at around 11:30am. Normally it would probably take just about 2.5hr to summit. It was a beautiful up top when we get up there and the wind is extremely strong. you can see rainier and couple other snow-topped mountains. absolutely spectacular view and it was well well worth the time and stamina. I rated a four star only because on the way up was a rush and pretty dark so we didn't really get to enjoy the old growth.

The views are beautiful, but the hike itself is longer than 7.6 miles. Following the back trail is advisable as the "front" trail is a scramble up difficult rocks. With the back trail, the RT is a bit over 9 miles there and back. Still, gorgeous, steep, delightful.

Wonderful trail. It is steep, by very well maintained. Lots of creeks and a few water falls. Highly rated!

Great hike with fall color, tons of berries, snow on top, highly recommended :)

Greatness! Difficult at first but get easier towards the top. Beautiful view on a sunny day. Was very windy up to so pack appropriately. One of my favorite hikes in the Cascades!

Great training trail!!!

Incredible views from a great trail. Bugs at the top in September.