Granite Mountain Trail

Granite Mountain Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

Take a trek up to the lookout cabin at the top of this beautiful peak in Snoqualmie Pass Follow a very steep trail for 4 miles to the summit of this tall peak alongside I-90. You will have spectacular views from the top, where there is a fire tower, of the surrounding alpine lakes and peaks. You will also have a great view of Mt. Rainier towering above all the other peaks to the south.

Beautilful views to all sides! We had snow half the way up. Would bring spikes if there is any snow on the trail. We went in the middle of October.

Both novice hikers from Ohio, my boyfriend and I️ took on the challenge of this hike. I️ encouraged him we could do it no problem as I️ run half marathons with little training and he’s a strong runner as well! With little research, I️ quickly learned on the trail, running and hiking a mountain are completely different! However strong willed and with frequent rests we made it to about 4,700 ft elevation until the snow was too deep to go on (we did not have snow gear or hiking poles). With a slight feeling of defeat, I️ sat on my pack silently, breathing in the mountain air and feeling grateful for this life. As I️ sat gazing out at the endless beauty before me the sun suddenly shone strongly and my boyfriend got down on one knee and proposed... I️ said YES!

Granite Mountain will forever be my favorite hike! Looking forward to many more hikes and a lifetime of adventure with my forever fellow!

Also, I️ recommend poles for this hike ;) I’ll be doing more research for my next adventure in hiking!

Incredible views! Once you start the hike, the trail begins quite muddy but the mud goes away almost immediately. I hiked up with two others at 5 am with flashlights to see the sunrise, however we missed the turnoff for the Granite Mountain trail up to the fire watch and hiked 2 miles in the wrong direction before realizing we were going the wrong way. Don't make this mistake!!! Keep your eyes open, however its hard to miss when light out. We were very tired after hiking that extra distance all while in the snow (2/3 of the trail is covered in snow, especially once you get to last couple of miles so make sure to have gators and waterproof hiking boots! Incredible sights at the top, would definitely recommend.

Great hike! A bit overcast by the time I reached the top but it was beautiful non-the-less. The open expanse is glorious with fall colors. The trail is in good condition. The beginning is a bit muddy but clears up right away. If one veers to the right instead of boulder climbing at the base of the peak, you will find snow on the sides of the trail with ice pack on the trail.

I love this hike. It is hard, especially if there's any snow, which will leave you with only the boulder route, that many people just can't do. I had a great time when I went alone, but when I went back wit friends, there was snow on the easy side and we didn't make it to the top. I recommend going alone or bringing determined friends.

Pretty trail, esp with the little snow that has now appeared at the top. To avoid the snow take the boulder route up!