Granite Lakes Trail

Granite Lakes Trail is a 10.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bend, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This hike only has three stars and is a perfect rainy day hike. This is also a good hike for a family or a novice hiker. The trail is pretty great but you can tell most is an old logging road that hasnt completely filled in. The hike has steady grade and there is a brand new trail head. Not sure why they spend so much money on the trailhead for a so so hike that was already there. There was one tough water crossing just after the split to Thompson Lake but I think it was due to the rain. We added more rocks and was able to cross. The lake was quite nice this time of the year with the fall colors as the low cloud ceiling. Since there are so many other worthy hikes I probably wouldnt do this one again but its a great hike for a rainy day, family or a novice as I mentioned earlier. My Alltrails registered about eight miles RT.

My wife and I hiked with our friends to Granite Lake. The weather was cloudy in the morning and sunny in the afternoon. We started from Granite Creek Connector Trail, which saves 2 miles from the hike. The parking lot was not complete and the gate was closed. We parked on the road side. The trail has areas of overgrown vegetation. We clipped a lot of brushes.

The first 2.5 miles didn't show many signs of snow. Put on micros after about 2.5 miles and then switched to show shoes not long after that. Awesome trail!

10/9/2017 (Monday) - This trail has obviously been renamed "Granite Creek Trail", and the lower part of the "Granite Lake Trail" is renamed "Granite Creek Connector Trail". A brand-new LARGE parking lot is completed and open to the public at the new trailhead. In the upper part, after crossing the bridge, the trail gets narrower because of the overgrown bushes, and gets unclear on the lake side. We took the left fork near the lakeside and cross the outlet of the lake to sit on some big rocks for lunch.

Sunday, October 30, 2016