Grand Ridge Park Trail

Grand Ridge Park Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Seattle, east on I-90 to exit 20. Turn left under the freeway. The High Point trailhead is on the left, immediately after the on ramp to I-90 west. To reach the Coal Mine Trailhead, hike 1.2 miles along the Issaquah - High Point Trail.

Excellent trail for mountain biking. Lots of little challenges with some good elevation and descents. Easy to navigate people and other Mtn bikers. Well maintained and fun to do in the summer.

It was a beautiful trail but we definitely had to step aside several times to accommodate mountain bikers. We like it because it's in our neighborhood so we have easy access. It will be a good one to take friends visiting from out of town for a close easy hike.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

10/24/2015 (Saturday) -- A 5-member group hiked this trail today from Central Park to Duthie Hill MTB parking lot, both are large parking sites. We used two cars and moved one-way rather than out-and-back. We met a lot of bikers but few hikers. It was a foggy, cloudy, drizzling morning, 52-55F. The trail is well maintained, wide, gentle incline, up by less than 500 ft, and the second half is mostly downhill. The view inside the forest is pleasant. All felt easy for the 5.3 miles. The drawback was that we had to pause numerous times to make way for bikers.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Monday, June 08, 2015

Monday, February 23, 2015

Very easy hike!

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday, June 01, 2014

My boyfriend and I went here today, parking near exit 20 on i-90 E. The first mile or so is nearly flat, then when you reach the trailhead. theres a series of switchbacks that bring you up pretty quickly. We took the Grand Ridge trail to the shorter of 2 ends, and while it was pretty brutal at times (I'm still a bit new and out of shape) , the forest is beautiful. Our dog loved the trails, and is sleeping soundly as I type. All told, a great hike. Really looking forward to coming back during raspberry season!

Sunday, February 02, 2014

Started at the Central Park Trailhead, fully anticipating easing over to the Grand Ridge Trail and going out 2 or 3 miles, perhaps to the WTA log bridge, have lunch, and head back. We hooked up with another hiker who was going to check out the Coal Mine Loop Trail, he having heard of old foundations and footing from the mine, and wound up doing just the loop (roughly 3 miles, including the asphalt path we took west from the soccer fields over to the housing on NE Falls Drive, and back), and while we did find a few substantial footings from long-gone structures, we didn’t find much evidence of the mine presence.

We did, however, find an abundance of ferns, multiple (read many) moss, lichen and mushrooms, a few hikers, and a fair number of mountain bikers (and a couple of unicyclists), despite quite cool and threatening weather. Beautifully lush and green (we’ll be back in Spring, if not before, to see what will surely be bountiful flowers), and the recent rains renewed several little creeks.

Another little treasure compliments of King County Parks.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Monday, August 26, 2013

Sunday 8/25/2013: My wife and I went on hiking in Grand Ridge Park in Issaquah. We arrived at the High Point trailhead around 10:30 am and the parking lot was half full. We took the 5-mile loop trail. We stopped at Central Park to use the restroom. We reached a pond at 12:18 pm and had lunch. We returned to our car by 1:40 pm. There were a lot of ripe blackberries by the trail. The trail is popular with mountain bikers. We met a lot of bikers but no other hikers.

Sunday, May 06, 2012

Monday, December 19, 2011

Wow, This was one long muddy hike. Sharing the trail with mountain bikes made for some real slippery spots and on constant look-out not only for good footing but watching for bikes coming around all the bends. I saw a biker bite it going around a sharp corner & also found myself slipping down an embankment (trying to avoid a very large mud hole) that could only end with me sliding down and ended up sitting smack in the middle of said big hole. Nothing like being STUCK in the mud! Thanks Trish and Cindy for pulling me out and helping me clean up!!