Goose Rock Trail is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Anacortes, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 577 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

Arrived on a Saturday at 1pm and the parking lots were packed. Overall great hike, great weather and would recommend sturdy shoes.

Great trail took my kiddos 4 and 6 completed it beautiful views nicely shaded canopies went during a beautiful day and there wasn’t much rain during the week so it wasn’t very muddy. We did come across some muddy areas where it was heavily shaded. There were a couple of slopes so just be careful if you’re taking the trail with children...my advice is to take the stairs down from the bridge the trail starts right at the bottom...have fun!!!

What a lovely day to hike before Sunrise.

Ended up being a beautiful day with lots of opportunities to just stop and breathe it in

A rather blustery day for a hike. But we got to take photos of a Sea Lion at Rosario Beach and the hike itself was amazing. #LIVELAUGHLOVE

Decent trail to stretch your legs on. Some nice views at the top and a few spots with beach access at the bottom. Not too busy on a Saturday which we appreciated.

Really enjoyed this trail. Some areas with overgrowth, but not bad. Great view from summit.

Great dog trail. There are a few ”hills” to climb along the way. One place GPS couldn’t guide in right direction and no sign to point in right direction, good news is side trail does catch back up with main trail. Great views and will soon be doing this again! I’ll go the right to start loop next time.

Beautiful trail and views! It’s mostly flat along the perimeter portion of the trail. Some parts are a little tricky to navigate along the switchback portion as you ascend to Goose Peak. The views along the hike and at the summit are incredible!

I love this trail! My family and I have done it many times. Great with kids and so beautiful! I went on a Saturday even and it was not crowded at all. I love the scenery all the way up and then the top is just amazing!

There are a few cliffs but a great trail even for kids!

I have a new favorite trail! Incredible vistas around ever corner. Just when I would start getting too hot in the exposed, sunny parts I would enter a shaded woodsy stretch. Agree with other hikers that opting for Summit before Perimeter made for an easier trek. Simply fantastic hike.

Surprising long with decent changes in elevation. A little to close to houses and cars for my liking, but literally right next to the camp site so no complaints.

Beautiful trail.

Really straightforward and easy to follow trail. Would recommend as others have posted to start out with the summit trail since there’s a bit of an ascent gain at first then proceed to the perimeter trail. Should only take about an hour give or take.

Great hike. I agree to take the Summit trail up and come down the Perimeter trail. Parts of the perimeter trail switchbacks were very steep and rocky and the trail narrow. I’d almost rate that part of the trail hard. A few tricky ledges along the way. All in all a great hike with great water views and of Mt. Baker along the Perimeter trail. Took lots of pics of wildflowers and one of a woodpecker. A quiet not heavily accessed trail. My tracker showed this trail at 2.4 miles not 1.8.

Sun May 19 2019

Great trail for kids and dogs!

Sun May 19 2019

I love this trail. Beach access, wild flowers, shade covered trail, and amazing views! Did it with 2 Sox year olds no problem