Gold Creek Pond Trail

Gold Creek Pond Trail is a 2.3 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

During the winter the Forest Service road to the trailhead is closed, and visitors must park along the main road. The added distance is reflected on the map on this page. During the summer visitors can park very close to the pond.

Completed this “hike” 2/3/19. It is more of a nice winter walk and we didn’t technically need snowshoes but I am glad we had them. The snow was very compact and keep in mind the main road to the parking lot is closed so that adds on about another mile. We went around the pond twice to make the day longer. It was a beautiful day but I enjoy hikes with more elevation. Great for someone who wants a good view without it being too strenuous.

I just completed this hike today, Sunday 01/27/19.

I exited the freeway as directed and immediatley saw a snow Park directly ahead of me, but this isn't to Gold creek pond. Follow the signs and take a right. In just under a mile you will see the sno park for Gold creek pond.

It was around 10:00 and let me tell you, there must of been 200 cars parked along side of the road between the first snow Park (which I believe is for the Hyak trail) and we'll beyond gold Creek.

It's understandable because it's so accessible and the hike itself is short and easy. Perfect for beginners and young children!

There was no shortage of either today, and many dogs enjoyed the hike as well.

Almost everyone used snowshoes, but they were unnecessary since the trail is very compact. This is not to suggest you leave your snowshoes at home, because conditions change from one day to the next.

I recommend you bring snowshoes as well as micro spikes for traction. Then check current weather conditions and recent trail reports.

Happy hiking!

Fun little trail in the snow around a picturesque lake. Not too intense, we used snow shoes but we could’ve easily handled it with our hiking boots due to the well groomed trail.

This was my first time snowshoeing. I had a great time. Yes this is a crowded trail with cross country skiers and snowshoers. But it’s also beginning level so of course there is traffic. With everyone going their own pace you do find moments of privacy.The trail was beautiful. Check it out just go early to dodge parking issues. I arrived around 8:45 on a Saturday morning and didn’t park too far from the trail head.

This is an ok trail. Not sure why others rate it so high. It’s practically a highway because their are so many people. We went to go snowshoeing. The snow was so packed down from all the people that we just took off our snowshoes and hiked. Parking is very difficult as well because there are so many cars. Go further out from the city. It’s worth it.

1/13/2019

Enjoyed the scenery and walking in the snow. When the app says the trail has heavy traffic that’s an understatement. It was like Walmart on Black Friday with one lane in and out of the sno-park because of so many cars parked on the side of the road. People and dogs everywhere; like the house chaos of Home Alone except outside.

The snow is too compact to actually snowshoe for realz. Just did it for funz!

Great little hike. Easy to get to, plenty of parking and the trail is packed so it’s easy to navigate. Fresh snow fell so all the trees are coated and the lake is gorgeous. Definitely worth the drive from Tacoma.

Came prepared for the snow, wasn't expecting all the rain. Despite only having water-resistant clothing (and being soaked-to-the-bone when done), this trail was perfect for a quick, easy, and beautiful snowshoeing fix! From the road, it was about a half mile walk to reach the pond. Quite a few people out making the trek to the pond, but had the trail around Gold Creek Pond completely to ourselves. Gorgeous views and plenty peaceful. Only issue to report has been addressed by other reviewers. There were a lot of folks with dogs out there and a lot of waste left behind scattering the trail up to the pond.

Nice, easy loop to break in some new snowshoes. Fairly crowded and the messy parking situation notwithstanding, it's an ok way to enjoy some the snow and mountains.

Beautiful, easy for snowshoeing

Was looking for any easy hike to enjoy the PNW and the snow. Wasn’t too crowded when we started but more people arrived mid day. Some spots were icy so we stayed to the side of the trail. As a dog owner of two, I find it sad to see other dog owners not picking up after their dogs.

I came out for novice snowshoeing and was disappointed to realize that not only was this location VERY crowded with loud children and off-leash dogs, there was someone flying a very loud drone over and over the lake. The trail itself would be an alright paved loop, but the mediocre scenery coupled with the overt lack of courtesy by others on the trail made this a very lackluster experience. This was like driving 40 miles to have the same experience I'd have in a crowded city park. I absolutely would not come here again.

Beautiful area surrounded by snowy peaks. Great location for photos.

Beautiful and a great place for the kiddos!

Amazing place!!!

It’s very beautiful trail!

Loved it! Great for kids!

Beautiful, short, easy hike. German Shepherd loved the water. Great place to end the day after other hikes in the area

A beautiful quick hike around a quiet pond. My toddlers enjoyed their time in and out of the stroller.

Very easy walk that anyone can do. If we do this again I'll bring stuff to bbq on the grills at the picnic site. For how short it is I feel another activity needs to be added in to make the drive worth while. No bugs today.

paved, great for strollers and kids

Gorgeous, easy trail. Wish it was longer. Beautiful lake. Lots if room to picnic, swim and play.

Very pretty lake surrounded by mountains, well paved and maintained , it’s more like a park in the mountains

nice for something

Road to car park still covered with snow, but once you reach the car park the path become dry and view is great

Nice snowshoe walk at the end of the season. Sun was coming through. Some walked without snowshoes but they were struggling a little.

Nice and easy hike through the snow. Didn’t need snowshoes or spikes.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Very pretty hike. Didn't need snow shoes or spikes.