Gold Creek Pond Trail

Gold Creek Pond Trail is a 1.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 54. Left off freeway for 0.1 miles. Right on FSR 4832 for 1 mile. Left on FSR 144 for 0.5 miles to parking area at Gold Creek Pond Picnic Area

Road to car park still covered with snow, but once you reach the car park the path become dry and view is great

Nice snowshoe walk at the end of the season. Sun was coming through. Some walked without snowshoes but they were struggling a little.

Nice and easy hike through the snow. Didn’t need snowshoes or spikes.

Very pretty hike. Didn't need snow shoes or spikes.

Breathtaking views yesterday 02/10/18! Great trail for beginner snowshoeing. Plenty of snow for skiing or snowshoeing!

Went today and was absolutely breathtaking! The snow was really coming down, as a snow storm was happening. Lots of fresh powder & only people out there. Had to park and walk just over a mile to trail head but the walk was pretty too. If you’re in the area DO THIS! Easy, flat, beautiful. Snowshoes are a must, deep deep snow.

Took this hike with my 4 and 7-year-old as their first snowshoe hike. They loved it! We didn’t really need snowshoes when we went (mid-December) as the trail was packed down good but they still loved it. The trail is even better on a clear day. The fog ceiling was very low and we couldn’t see much, at the end of the hike we made it back to the frontside of the pond and the fog had lifted. We loved this hike!

Good place to spend the day off. A little walking here, chill out over there. Picknic area is cool, take something to cook with ya!

Great snowshoe trip for first timers. Easy peasy

Easy hike with a stunning view!

This is a great, paved, easy trail to do with kids. We went the first week of July and it was kinda buggy, bring repellent! There are picnic tables near the lake that make for a picturesque stop for lunch if desired. You'll need a NW Forest pass --$5 for one day, or $25 for the year, can be purchased on line or at a participating store (BiMart in Yakima sells them).

Loved the walks around the lake. The trail is well maintained and paved. I took my parents (in late 70s) there and they loved it as well. Picture perfect view!

7/8/2017 (Saturday) - The view is fantastic in the sunny morning around 2/3 of the loop clockwise. The trail is paved.

This is such a great trail for families with little ones. I took my 4 kids from ages 2-12 and they loved it. The water, wildlife and beauty of this little spot make it a great easy trip for small children.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Very pretty, short, easy trail! No show shoes required since the snow is packed down to tight. Make sure to get a parking permit! Once we got back to the car, almost everyone had an $80 ticket posted to their windshield. :( apparently no one was aware that a pass was needed just to park on the shoulder of the road.

Monday, March 20, 2017

This trail is paved the whole way and great and short if you have really young kids and strollers. Nice views and fun bridges. 5 stars because there isn't anything I've found like it.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

great for the kids and dogs. no snow shoes required today

Monday, February 20, 2017

I thought this was a beautiful yet easy hike. I suggest yack tracks or snow shoes. It's not icy but it does help. It's a easy and short hike. I'll be back to do this numerous times with my dogs, they had blast.

Thursday, January 26, 2017

fun, simple walk/hike. no need for snowshoes if going around pond. Do use cleats of some sort.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

gorgeous. snow is packed well used snowshoes but did not really need them.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Hiked today with hiking shoes.. Snowshoes not really needed..
Note that the pond is at the beginning of the trail... The remaining trail is a long way to a clearing.. If only interested in the pond.. Take left at the Picnic Area board. The parking is $20 to get the snow pass per day..
We did the complete hike all the way to the clearing to realize the pond wasnt there.. N then came back to the pond.. Was about 4.5 miles total.. But if u only do the pond.. It should be around 1.5 miles... Also we were able to walk on the pond :) :)

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Loved the hike very relaxing, a lot of people were wearing snow shoes, though I wore some long boots and did just fine as long as you stay on trail.
Beautiful, short, definitely recommend!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Easy trail and beautiful!

Monday, November 28, 2016

Very easy hike/walk with great mountain views. Really nice park to take out of town guests for pictures of the Cascades. Very kid friendly.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Paved trail! Great for hiking strollers. Nice picnic area with barbecue places.

Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Perfect day on this lovely trail. I have two kids, 4 & 6, and it was a great walk for them. Packs filled and on, rocks, flowers, bugs, birds, sun, clouds...all good things to wet the appetite for a lifetime of mountain exploration. Gotta get back and picnic there!

Monday, September 05, 2016

Great trail! We went a sunset. Beautiful views a d we even saw an otter!

Monday, June 13, 2016

Very easy but very scenic loop walk around the lake. The clear water is beautiful and this was definitely an enjoyable excursion. Bring $5 cash for day pass in case you need it (not a Discover Pass site).

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Visited with my dog and 3 kids in late April on a gorgeous sunny day.There was still quite a bit of snow on the dirt road so we just parked on the side and walked an extra .25 of a mile to the trail head. No sweat. The loop took about an hour to complete but we stopped quite a few time to take in the grandeur.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Easy hike, gorgeous lake with the mountains in the distance. About three weeks ago it was completely snowy and my friends dog took a dive in the icy water- keep them leashes!