Goat Peak

Goat Peak is a 5.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Naches, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for snowshoeing and is best used from December until March. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Amazing trail! No snow, clear path and has a lot of beautiful views.

Id say the first and last quarter of this hike was pretty grueling. The middle of the hike was nice with all of the lookouts which gives you some time to rest. Took me 4 hrs to the top and 1 hr down with frequent photo stops on the way up.

Didn't see any goats until i got to the very top and saw about 10-15 on a rock in the distance. They all scattered when they saw me. When i got to the top i got to witness the fighter jets pass by while doing their training. About 4 of them went by 3 times.

This is a great out and back trail, that is not disappointing with views along the whole route. This trail should be rated difficult, as I can't see that most novice hikers would entertain the steep trails along the cliffs and switchbacks or ahem, lack there of. It was so quiet at the top, we didn't see any goats but we kept our eyes peeled. We would definitely do this one again. It took us about 3-1/2 hours but we were keeping a grueling pace up.

Hiked Goat Peak today with a few friends. This is a leg burner for sure - but the views are worth it at the top. We had a pretty steady approach, took many short breaks to soak in the views. Took our group 3.5hrs up and about 2hrs back. However, there were a few German folks we met that made it up in 1.5 hours!

It’s pretty much all uphill, the first quarter mile and the last section are probably the most difficult. No snow, and we saw a goat in the distance at the top! Thankfully it was too far away to smell our urine.

Highly recommend!

Great up and back - light traffic and great views

Monday, August 14, 2017

Full moon hike up goat peak to American Ridge. Trail was easy to follow with scenic views the whole way. No blow downs.

Monday, July 10, 2017

I agree with the other reviewers. This hike should be rated as hard. It is fairly steep. On a clear day, the view from the top is wonderful. It took us 5.5 hrs round trip with a lunch break at the top.

Friday, June 23, 2017

First mile or so will be creek. After that it get a whole lot harder and steeper. Trails are narrow and sketchy. Some areas you have to idk rock climb to continue. I had to stop and turn around cause i ran into snow and was wearing more running shoes than hiking shoes. Way down i slipped a lot so watch your footing and speed.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

A great trail, but more strenuous than anticipated. A few sketchy paths which made us say "this NEEDS to be rated difficult". Beautiful views though and well worth it. Just should be rated more difficult.

Monday, June 05, 2017

This trail has views throughout the hike! There is a few snow spots (I only have my hiking boots and I was able to get through it). The bugs were not bad until the top and I encountered a bug that we were unsure what it was (we thought it was ticks) so we left the top after about 30 minutes of enjoying the view. It is harder than "moderate" I believe. Being in shape and an avid hiker I also turned around due to fatigue.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

Great trail. It's all up with great views and all down till you get to the parking lot. Trail is in really good shape. It get's sketchy in a couple places but just take your time and you'll be fine. Their is no water at the top so keep that in mind. This trail is a good warm up for anything big you wanna do in the year.

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Nice weather, mid 60s with an occasional light breeze and scattered clouds. Good trail, all up going in, down coming back. Definitely was glad I brought my trekking poles.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Great workout, big climb and relentless up hill on the way in. Need to watch footing and speed on the way back down as it is quite steep in a few places as there is some loose rock and dirt. Only one issue, the day I went was a bit warmer ~85 and there were a lot of flying bugs at the top, I mean A LOT. So I couldn't stay and enjoy the amazing view as long as I wanted to.

Sunday, July 31, 2016

This is a great, strenuous hike with a very rewarding view of the surrounding mountains, Bumping Lake, and Mount Rainier. take plenty of water.

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Quite the strenuous climb. Pretty much up hill all the way to the top. We also clocked it at 3.6 miles out and the same back for a total 7.2 mile hike. The view from up there is great and well worth the effort.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Good climb amazing views

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Such beautiful views, definitely worth the steep climb

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Great views but difficult climb! Uphill climb the whole time. Highly recommended.

Friday, October 14, 2011

amazing views, and pretty difficult!

Saturday, July 01, 2017