Goat Peak

Goat Peak is a 5.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Naches, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for snowshoeing and is best used from December until March.

First mile or so will be creek. After that it get a whole lot harder and steeper. Trails are narrow and sketchy. Some areas you have to idk rock climb to continue. I had to stop and turn around cause i ran into snow and was wearing more running shoes than hiking shoes. Way down i slipped a lot so watch your footing and speed.

A great trail, but more strenuous than anticipated. A few sketchy paths which made us say "this NEEDS to be rated difficult". Beautiful views though and well worth it. Just should be rated more difficult.

This trail has views throughout the hike! There is a few snow spots (I only have my hiking boots and I was able to get through it). The bugs were not bad until the top and I encountered a bug that we were unsure what it was (we thought it was ticks) so we left the top after about 30 minutes of enjoying the view. It is harder than "moderate" I believe. Being in shape and an avid hiker I also turned around due to fatigue.

Great trail. It's all up with great views and all down till you get to the parking lot. Trail is in really good shape. It get's sketchy in a couple places but just take your time and you'll be fine. Their is no water at the top so keep that in mind. This trail is a good warm up for anything big you wanna do in the year.

Nice weather, mid 60s with an occasional light breeze and scattered clouds. Good trail, all up going in, down coming back. Definitely was glad I brought my trekking poles.

Great workout, big climb and relentless up hill on the way in. Need to watch footing and speed on the way back down as it is quite steep in a few places as there is some loose rock and dirt. Only one issue, the day I went was a bit warmer ~85 and there were a lot of flying bugs at the top, I mean A LOT. So I couldn't stay and enjoy the amazing view as long as I wanted to.

This is a great, strenuous hike with a very rewarding view of the surrounding mountains, Bumping Lake, and Mount Rainier. take plenty of water.

Quite the strenuous climb. Pretty much up hill all the way to the top. We also clocked it at 3.6 miles out and the same back for a total 7.2 mile hike. The view from up there is great and well worth the effort.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Good climb amazing views

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Such beautiful views, definitely worth the steep climb

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Great views but difficult climb! Uphill climb the whole time. Highly recommended.

Friday, October 14, 2011

amazing views, and pretty difficult!