Goat Creek Trail

Goat Creek Trail is a 10.4 mile out and back trail located near Morton, Washington and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until November.

Dogs are aloud on this trail head according to 'Washington Trails Association'. As long as they are on leash.

Long but rewarding. Definitely recommend taking the lower trail. When you get to the creek (right after a noticeable increase in incline) the trail can be easy to miss. Hike perpendicular to the creek to continue. Don't try to hike up the rocky creek path like we did at first.

The lake is gorgeous and very peaceful.

I hiked with my 7 month old daughter in a carrier and while the up and down was rough because I'm out of shape and had an extra 20 lbs, the multiple water falls is well worth it! Drive careful too! Happy hiking!

Beautiful waterfalls, fun water crossings. The second half of the trail is a bit overgrown, and there's a lake at the end, but not a showstopper. Still a lovely hike, I'd do it again. The road sucks. Our Subaru did just fine.

road going up is pretty rough. waterfalls are beautiful right now but definitely be ready to get your feet wet. some deep snow twards the end of the trail.

Lots of water flow right now. It made for some amazing views of the waterfalls and rivers, but be prepared for wet feet. At some points the trail itself was a running creek. It was easily hiked by my three children (the youngest being 7), and we did it in less then 4 hours(we took play breaks).

Monday, August 29, 2016

Went up this weekend. it is not closed. not at all. there was plenty of people there. and no gates were closed or locked. I don't recommend anything with low ground clearance getting to the trail head. driving was a little rough. not 4x4 only just rough. the trail it's self was way worth it. I'm coming back and doing more. I love this place.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

As of August 27, 2016- Road closed at the start of Conley Rd. due to extreme fire hazard. No access to the trail to do this hike

Sunday, May 08, 2016

This hike was fun, really awesome waterfalls along the way. The drive was a little sketchy on the way up in a 2013 Ford Fusion, it scraped the skid plates a couple times :(. only did about 4 miles of the hike this day because we got a very late start. The hike we intended to do had the road washed out, we just happen to stumble upon this one after some locals tell us about it. Still was awesome and fun. Easy hike, even for kids!

Saturday, October 17, 2015

My mite and I went last week end and it was a beautiful experience. Must do trip I will be going back for sure

off road driving
Monday, July 20, 2015

Access to Goat Creek is closed by the Port Blakely Tree Farm Company due to extreme fire hazard. Will likely be closed the rest of the Summer.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Very pretty waterfalls and an easy trail. Getting to the trailhead can be a small challenge when there is two-way traffic.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

I love this trail and have been asked continually,"Where is that trail with the blue water you're jumping into!? Oh and the one with the really pretty waterfall!?" Well, they are one in the same; however, the pool of water can be SEEN from the trail but to get down to it might take some doing through devils club and down a slippery slope. I've done this trail several times and am still in love! The waterfall is best in the spring and early summer.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

I tried to go up there today but there were trees blocking the road. So just a heads up.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

I hiked this with my 74 year old dad, 7 year old daughter, and 13 year old son. While some parts were challenging there were hardly any times when we really needed a break other than when my daughter and I scrambled up underneath Cathedral Falls. This hike is pretty much perfect. The ups and downs are not extreme nor constant in either direction. There are a couple of treacherous water crossings so waterproof boots are recommended. That said, two of us had sneakers and were fine. We turned around at the falls because the trail looked fairly difficult after that but it was still just about 5 miles roundtrip. Lots of foliage to look at, old growth forest, and just general Western Washington beauty. Oh, and there was a cave! It wasn't deep at all but we stood inside. Very cool.