Goat Creek Trail

Goat Creek Trail is a 10.4 mile out and back trail located near Morton, Washington and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until November.

road going up is pretty rough. waterfalls are beautiful right now but definitely be ready to get your feet wet. some deep snow twards the end of the trail.

Lots of water flow right now. It made for some amazing views of the waterfalls and rivers, but be prepared for wet feet. At some points the trail itself was a running creek. It was easily hiked by my three children (the youngest being 7), and we did it in less then 4 hours(we took play breaks).

Went up this weekend. it is not closed. not at all. there was plenty of people there. and no gates were closed or locked. I don't recommend anything with low ground clearance getting to the trail head. driving was a little rough. not 4x4 only just rough. the trail it's self was way worth it. I'm coming back and doing more. I love this place.

As of August 27, 2016- Road closed at the start of Conley Rd. due to extreme fire hazard. No access to the trail to do this hike

Friday, June 03, 2016

Sunday, May 08, 2016

This hike was fun, really awesome waterfalls along the way. The drive was a little sketchy on the way up in a 2013 Ford Fusion, it scraped the skid plates a couple times :(. only did about 4 miles of the hike this day because we got a very late start. The hike we intended to do had the road washed out, we just happen to stumble upon this one after some locals tell us about it. Still was awesome and fun. Easy hike, even for kids!

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Monday, April 04, 2016

Saturday, October 17, 2015

My mite and I went last week end and it was a beautiful experience. Must do trip I will be going back for sure

off road driving
Monday, July 20, 2015

Access to Goat Creek is closed by the Port Blakely Tree Farm Company due to extreme fire hazard. Will likely be closed the rest of the Summer.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Very pretty waterfalls and an easy trail. Getting to the trailhead can be a small challenge when there is two-way traffic.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

I love this trail and have been asked continually,"Where is that trail with the blue water you're jumping into!? Oh and the one with the really pretty waterfall!?" Well, they are one in the same; however, the pool of water can be SEEN from the trail but to get down to it might take some doing through devils club and down a slippery slope. I've done this trail several times and am still in love! The waterfall is best in the spring and early summer.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

I tried to go up there today but there were trees blocking the road. So just a heads up.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013