Glenrose Cliff Trails

Glenrose Cliff Trails is a 6.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Spokane, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

The trail is easy to moderate with some areas of steep ascent and descent, caution should be used when going through these areas as they can be slippery from gravel or ice later in the season. This hill begins by going over rolling hill features which end in a rock crag on Browns mountain.

Trailhead is closed for reconstruction through July 30th, 2018.

Great trail run. Perfect amount of hills and views and grass and trees.

I love this Trail. It is a lot of up and down and it goes into wide-open territory so there's little shade from the Sun after the first part. But as beautiful views of the South Hill and the rest of Spokane. Very little traffic on this Trail. I was able to find my way easily as I stayed on the app all trails and my little blue. Show me exactly where I was. Definitely will be one I will do more often.

Great main trail, although I found about 5 ticks on my fur baby about 30 min into our hike. (Frontline clearly doesn’t work) and one crawling on me. Also most of the trails on this map are no longer there.

great little trail with minor ups and downs that meander up and over the hills great views of the south hill lower down town the valley and even i believe valley ford. definitely a nice day hike you could take your kids and explore. the trail was well packed and easy to follow in most areas not to much brush to go through, enjoyed the hike.

it's more fun in the snow and off trail! but be careful... lol

great hike close to town

Trail is not well marked So be aware of your surroundings!

Great hike! Look for the gate on your left hand side when you are driving there. Keep an eye out for furry friends as well☺️

Went for a very smokey hike this morning the trail markers are different from the map on this app towards the end so I have no idea if I was in the right spot or not but it was awesome regardless!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

I put in photos of entrance to trail as I was t sure I was at the right place. Great hike! Bring lots of water sunscreen, bug spray and if you bring a dog pls pick up after! At the first fork I went left and went past some nice views, wominds down around housing development on left but has great views on right of mountains & valley floor. Trail kept breaking off and somehow found myself directly behind houses on a path, kinda does a big circle back as path kept disappearing so I turned around and went back. Lots of uphill on way back. Next time I'll try the right at the first fork and see where that goes. Enjoyed the walk and wore myself and dog out! Great workout!

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

I couldn't find this place and only found private homes. Attempted address: 47.620523, -117.314831 and this is a no-go. Can some one give me better directions?

Monday, July 03, 2017

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

First time here. Arrived at almost 6:00 p.m. and completed a great evening hike. The only frustrating aspect of this hike is not knowing where the borders are to avoid wandering into private property. They don't seem to be marked well, and trails continue in all directions. I got to see a beautiful sunset. There was no one else anywhere to be seen the whole 3+ hours I was there.

Monday, June 26, 2017

When you want to escape the crazyness of the city but don't have time to drive far. This is a great escape!

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

beautiful views! trail isn't stroller friendly though so if hiking with a little one I'd recommend a carrier/pack

Sunday, June 11, 2017

I thought this was a great trail close in town good change in land scape good views and some up and down terrain. The map is wrong when you get to the last .6 mile mark make sure you take that left if you follow alltrails map the road dead ends at a private fence about 1/2 mile other than that it's great with the other trails you can check out. On one of the little side hikes we come across a couple coyote pups napping in the sun. If you use trekking poles you might want to bring them on this one some good up and down but not very long.

Monday, May 29, 2017

Super beautiful! There wasn't anyone else on the trail when we hiked. You get a good mix of shade and sun, forest and open land. It was a good amount of downhill on the way there, so be prepared for a steady hike on the way back. There were a decent amount of mosquitoes and ticks, so just check yourself and pets when you finish. I'm excited to do this again!

Monday, May 08, 2017

Great diversity; varies from heavily shaded and lush to wiiiide open meadows full of wild flowers and killer views. Trail is not marked but fairly easy to figure out which is the main trail. Will definitely do this again.

Monday, May 08, 2017

Thursday, April 06, 2017

Took trail today if you aren't paying attention you can get yourself turned around lots of hills but the views you get are totally worth it my 6yo had a blast

Saturday, March 18, 2017

You must start trail on the Glenrose side. Which on the south hill side. None of the other trail heads can be used to enter the trail unless you live in those private neighborhoods.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

This is a wonderful trail that has a lot of wide open space for dogs to run and play. It is recommended that you stick close to the trail so you don't wander on to someone's property. There is very little parking on the side on the road where the road dead ends.