Glacier View Trail (#267)

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(123)
Glacier View Wilderness

Glacier View Trail (#267) is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Ashford, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and bird watching and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Distance: 4.1 miles Elevation Gain: 1,272 feet Route Type: Out & Back

As of May 27, 2020, users have reported that the road is currently CLOSED due to wash out. Please see the park's website for up to date information before visiting.

closed

Beautiful area- but the road is still blocked by a landslide.

Road to the trail head is completely gone in multiple locations. Giant landslide carved a huge ravine in the road .5 miles in. Was able to park and scramble over the landslide. Three more land slides after that, all passable on foot. It is pretty impressive to see the power of water and how it effected the landscape. Made it 4 miles up and turned around at the road that leads to the Mt. Beljica hike. All in all a good day even though it wasn’t my original plan. Ran into one other group the whole time, nice and quiet. Not sure if the forest service will ever be able to fix the road to the glacier view trailhead, will require some serious engineering and money.

Road closed due to wash out.

5/9/20- road completely washed out. Lots of trees, rocks, and land. Won’t be accessible for awhile

3/15/20: The forest road leading to the trail is washed out and closed about half a mile from National Park Highway.

The view is absolutely fantastic, I couldn’t believe I was that close to Mount Rainer! The trail was very muddy in some spots because of snow and was narrow, so if it was crowded it would be hard to find space to let someone pass by. The road up to the trail is bumpy and requires a vehicle with high clearance. Some steep parts but definitely worth it.

the logging road leading to the trail head is 40 minutes and for suv's or 4x4's chuck hole's and large ruts, the trail was in great shape, kinda short for my taste! for the amount of driving to get there. great view of MT Rainier Sadly I lost my reading glasses on the trail some where so $ 50 reward to anyone that returns them 206 227 7190

recorded Glacier View Trail (#267)

the road to this trail is horrible. all gravel and filled with massive potholes. it took me 40 minutes to go 7 miles. you either have to swerve constantly to avoid as much as you can or bounce out of your seat hitting these. the trail itself is really buggy constant flies in your ear and the trail is one person wide and not even that at most times

Fun trail. Unfortunately I chose a cloudy day to hit this one so my views at the end were pretty anticlimactic. However, now knowing what awaits at the top on a nice clear day, I wouldn’t mind venturing this way again at a later date.

It's an easy upward climb to a flat peak with a 360 degree view. I did it in my Tevas although I'd recommend something sturdier for the summit. Definitely worth the trek. The drive up is beautiful.

So honestly this was a very boring hike imo... only reason I almost gave 3 stars was being able to hike to the summit and get some good pictures but even that was pretty lame tbh... then went down the trail and when I got to a sign saying I was at the end I was super irritated because I felt the drive up was prettier than what I just experienced... lots of bugs dear lord and long drive to get there just isn’t worth it... and yes the road is full of potholes my CRV did just fine tho

Nice hike with a beautiful view of Mt Rainier and surrounding peaks. It was a bit hazy when I was there so I didn’t get to appreciate the lowlands while at the summit. Flowers were blooming, though the beargrass is spent. Aster, paintbrush, lilies, columbine, and many others are on display in the meadow areas. Bugs were annoying but not terrible. Didn’t see too many others on the trail this afternoon. All-in-all a great hike with my pup!

Road in is curvy and has many pot holes but my subaru outback made it in fine. Trail is easily followed but slightly overgrown, more so the begining 1/3. Views at the end are stunning. I enjoyed a clear morning and was able to see Mt. Rainier, Adams, St Helens, Mt Hood, and the Olympic range in the distance. Very worth a day drive from Seattle!

Road to trailhead was very bumpy and seemed to be a little washed out. GPS took us a few hundred feet shy of the actual trail. (About 8.4 mi.) quite a few bugs, but the 360 degree view is definitely worth it. Wildflowers are out and about a 4.3mi. moderate hike.

The road to the trail has potholes everywhere and also some roads that the gps leads are overgrown, but definitely once you get to the real trail it was all totally worth it. Truly amazing view!

The drive up to the trail head and bugs are totally worth the reward in the end! I would rate this a medium difficulty. trail condition is actual fairly decent. some rocky and muddy places and some over growth but the trail was obvious. The views and the wild flowers were amazing!