Gillette Lake

Gillette Lake is a 6.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near North Bonneville, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,043 feet Route Type: Out & Back

I would absolutely recommend. It’s a little soupy right now but passable and the lake is stunning!

Did this one for the first time today. I had a wonderful time. Muddy and rocky in places, but hey, that’s part of the experience. Do not stop at Gillette Lake. The best is yet to come, including a couple of bridges, a couple of streams, a second lake, and an overlook with an amazing view. I hiked in about 4.5 miles before turning around. I also had a full on conversation with a golden-crown kinglet who kept hopping along in front of me, not shy at all. It started to rain as I got back to my car, where I changed into comfy shoes, drank hot tomato soup from a thermos, and listened to the rain. Lovely.

Really great hike overall!! Went on a late Friday afternoon, and I surprisingly ran into more people on my way out who were coming in for a sunset hike. The only reason why I give 4 stars is because the last leg (1mile or so) into the lake is completely clear cut. I could hear and even see the bulldozers at work. What a shame.

One of my fav stops when I’m this area. Lake is beautiful

The marked trail goes back Gillette lake (larger lake) to a second smaller lake. The second lake is not easily accessible from the trail. Next time, I would stop the hike at Gillette lake.

More easy than moderate. Fairly busy considering it’s late November. Good for trail running

While this is a very pretty hike, the rocks on the trail were not that fun. We hiked to the Greenleaf Overlook; at least I think we made it. I highly recommend hiking to the second bridge which is just a bit past where this trail end. Cool bridge, beautiful canyon, nice contrast to the logged area. If you continue up the hill across the bridge for less than half a mile you will come to a pile of rocks which makes for a nice place to have lunch and turn around. Not sure it's the technical overlook but that's where we stopped. Some nice places to to camp around Gillette Lake.

did the whole wat back running in the park with the flashlight of my phone. would recommend leaving on time

It was great to hike a short part of the PCT. The leaves were lovely and much of the trail is in the shade, however the steepest part is out in the open. It could be quite hot in the summer, but then a swim in the lake would be good too!

Did this hike 10/06 and the changing leaves were beautiful. Not the best trail I’ve been on, you pass several logging roads/trails and the lake is rather unimpressive. I’d consider it more of a pond, I actually passed it without realizing and thanks to this app, I turned around only half a mile past (who knows how long I would have wandered down the PCT). But my dog had a blast playing fetch in the lake and the views of the Columbia were great throughout the hike.

After you get off the PCT trail, this trail is less trafficked than others, lots of spiders and webs. Terrain changes frequently. In August the falls were dry, as in no water at all! Although we found a nice mossy spot for lunch!

Beautiful! We ended up hanging on the edge of the first lake we saw. Lots of poison oak; also lots of blackberries. And wildflowers.

I don’t know if I was just not feeling it the day I did this hike or what, but considering all of the beautiful gorge hikes in the vicinity, I would never recommend this hike to anybody. You cross a logging road, go through some pretty unaesthetically pleasing rocky areas, and the lake is beneath a power line. I would never do this hike again...

This is an easy hike and the first part of the Table Mountain hike. It ends at small pond that is hard to access. However the Gillet lower lake has a nice beach area where PCT hikers camp. . I’m not sure the payoff is worth the 7.2 mile hike as there are so many better hikes in the area. Blackberries along all open areas so you can hike and graze along the way.

Beautiful! Lots of wild flowers and pretty scenery! Trail is very well kept. The lake is very pretty at the end!

We hiked with 2 dogs all the way to the falls and then back to the parking lot on the loop. We started the hike around 4pm and the trail traffic was very moderate. The falls are spectacular. The loop is very serene and we didn’t run into any hikers on that portion of the trail.

Great Hike!

Beautiful hike for 4th of July. Very easy, gradual up and downs. Probably rated moderate due to 6 mile length. Poison oak is abundant but easy to avoid.

Did this on Saturday 6/22 - nice hike but as someone else said TONS of poison oak. Educate yourself and family on what to look for. Even before the clearing there is a bunch that runs along the trail. And as the previous poster mentioned, it's overwhelming how much there is. Yikes.

The lake was beautiful but at the clearing it’s like a field of poison oak !! Watch out and keep the dogs out of it.

Trail was well-marked and easy to follow. A nice combination of shaded canopy and exposed hillside. Elevation gain was manageable; a few short steep sections with a long gradual rises. In places the brush was overgrown to the point of crossing the entire trail. At some point, the foliage snagged my dog's collar and it pulled off. Definitely wouldn't have said no to a machete... Lake is a beautiful blue green color and views are rewarding at the top. Lots of wildflowers, dragonflies, and butterflies. Great effort to reward ratio. and no long forest road driving necessary to reach the trailhead. Recommended

Sehr schöner Weg. Teils Schatten aber auch viel Sonne. An sehr heissen Tagen eher einen anderen Weg wählen. Unbedingt genügend zu trinken mitnehmen!! Ein Abstecher an den See zum Abkühlen und Schwimmen lohnt sich!

It is definitely 5.5 miles, not 6.2, and I would rate it easy. We went last weekend, trail was a tiny bit muddy in some spots but not bad. Overall, a great spring hike with a cute lake at the end.

Beautiful early morning hike! Not busy, no bugs, nice and breezy with lots of PNW beauty. Definitely would do again !!

I love this hike. Other than a steep beginning for ten minutes, it’s relatively rolling after that. I hiked this years ago when they clear cut it and the trees have now grown back enough that they cover the trail and offer some shade. There is no river view which is fine as there are plenty of other trails in the gorge that offer that if you want it. The lake is pretty though. This trail is not moderate by any means, clearly an easy hike and according to an Iwatch, fit bit, and gps tracker, it’s only mildly over 5.5 out and back. Still one of my faves as it is close by and not terribly crowded if you go early enough.

Gillette lake was a great lunch spot. Easy hike, views ok.