Gem Lake Trail

Gem Lake Trail is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great, rocky hike! I went on Tuesday and arrived at 11:30. My dog and I made our way up to snow lake alright (dog + scrambles = struggle) but had a tough time on the descent towards the lake: beware of ice. Thank you to whomever did that!

We got to gem lake by around 2:30. Wasn't super impressed and if you're tired at snow lake, I would recommend just turning back. If you want a nice challenge definitely do the extra mile! I honestly would not have found just the hike to snow lake challenging, but the hike to gem lake was beautiful, confusing at times, and pretty challenging at the tail end! We got back to the car by 4:30 for a total of 5 hours. I took breaks infrequently and did not take long at either lake, but I was slowed down by my dog on the way back due to all the rocks.

This hike was nice with the exception of the crowds. I tend to avoid hiking along I 90 due to these crowds but its been a long time since I have done this hike. I dont think I ever went all the way to Gem Lake though. I dont think the hike is hard as they say as it feed constant with the elevation gain. There were way too many people for a late October weekend even if it was sunny. I would really hate to be here in the summer. With all the people it was very time consuming returning to the car. The trail was good with only a few patches of ice today. Great hike for families, newbies and apparently those in sneakers. I wouldnt return due to the crowds as there are so many other places to go. Its worth the trip if you can avoid the crowds. Dont be a weenie and only go to Snow Lake, continue on to Gem Lake as its the best of the two.

Originally we went to snowlake but decided why not let try gem... I enjoyed the other side of snowlake and the light dusting of now was a nice surprise!!! 10/8/17

9.2 miles total. New to Washington and Washington hiking, but I have done close to a dozen hikes in this state and this hike was for sure my favorite. I think the fall colors made it. Also, I would say the hike to gem is overall moderate, not hard. I went off the trail a few times by accident on my way up to gem, but when I referred to AllTrails I was able to find my way back to the trail. I was able to stay on the trail during the descent.

Well worth extending from Snow Lake for. Gorgeous.

Hiked into Gem Lake for an overnight backpacking trip, it was cold, misty, with cloud bands moving in and out constantly Monday, Tuesday morning we awoke to bright sunshine just pushing up over the ridge and heavy dew. We fished unsuccessfully for awhile before making the push out to the parking lot. Tough hike - but well worth the effort as the reward is stunning scenery.

Great moderate day hike. Definitely worth going past snow lake and making it to Gem Lake.

Beutful hike , it is very hard to Gem lake but well worth it

Less crowded than Snow Lake. I followed the boot path to the top of Wright Mountain for great views looking down at Gem Lake, Snow Lake and surrounding peaks