Gem Lake Trail

Gem Lake Trail is a 9.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My friend and I hiked this on Sunday. Advanced trail for me. (First hike). But was so great and worth it when I completed it! Of course we had to jump in the lake. It was extremely cold!! We thought it was poorly mapped. Weren't many signs to tell you which way to go.

Gem and snow lakes were beautiful, and barely any bugs! We were prepared for swarms but did not see even one mosquito

Beautiful trail! Not sure how we accidentally went on the Source Lake detour and that was alittle scary and added mileage. Bugs were fierce. Bring lots of water as it's hot AF!

Gorgeous lakes and the trail is in excellent condition. Not even a hint of snow but a lot of bugs, so please carry a bug spray. Happy hiking!

This was a gorgeous hike. Gem Lake is still almost completely frozen. Still lots of snow as you make your way from Snow Lake to Gem Lake, but not impossible without spikes and poles. Still, I would recommend bringing them if you have them.

Lots of snow. Beautiful scenery the entire hike!! Next time I'd wear hiking boots instead of hiking shoes. I had to wring out my socks and insoles 3 times. Loved both lakes!

Amazing hike, one of the best lakes I've hiked yet. Still quite a bit of snow covering trails, but so worth the hassle. Spectacular views of snow lake along the trail and over ranges to the north. Highly recommend going early to beat crowds, clouds cleared around 1pm and we were the only ones on the trail that far. Lots of people at the top of the lake on the way back. So worth the extra miles to gem lake.

The hike between Snow Lake and Gem Lake is incredible! We hiked in late August and the blueberries were an awesome bonus - fields of them!

We went to gem lake to avoid the crowd in snow lake. The lake is a beautiful. The water is clear. It's picturesque everywhere I took a lot of pictures of fall colors on the hike. I will come back camping someday.

Monday, August 24, 2015