Galbraith Mountain

Galbraith Mountain is a 12.3 mile loop trail located near Bellingham, Washington and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

First time there, had a lot of fun. Definitely plan on making more trips.

This is a great trail to hike with a group of friends. It isn't difficult & if you take the old logging roads, you can reach a good viewpoint of Mount Baker in about 2-3 hours.

Best mountain biking spot (without a lift or shuttle) In WA!

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

I recommend trying Evolution, Unemployment line, Atomic dog, SST, and Mullet for more fast-paced trails. Obviously there are more but these are a few of my favorites.

Trails are well maintained.
5 Stars

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

The best place for biking

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

The right address is birch St.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Galbraith is a network of over 30 miles of beautiful singletrack east of Bellingham. Difficulty ranges from beginner to difficult. It is accessible on the south side from Samish Way and the north side from Birch St. I have been riding it for over 17 years and it has become better every year, thanks to the tireless efforts volunteers and WMBC. Pick up a trail map at any bike store.

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

It's so fun even though its steep to get up its fun coming down lots of trails

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I grew up in Bham and Gabraith helped raise me.

From age 12 to age 22 (when I moved to Seattle) I would hit Galby at least 30x per year. The mountain has something for everyone (XC, Freeride, Downhill) with views to boot. You can still get away with camping at the ring of fire (which our parents would let us do when were 15).

The only downside of Galby is the logging. It comes and goes and the logging companies usually try to work with WHIMPS to repair the trails afterward. Galby also struggles with the occasional threats from Trillium to log and develop the place (as it is such prime real estate). I really hope the stakeholders can find a way to keep this mountain open for generations of hikers and bikers to enjoy.

I would not be who I am had I not grown up exploring Galby and the other mountains around Whatcom County.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Great mountain lots of trails with many styles of riding! Great great mountain

Monday, June 06, 2011

Great trails and lots of miles but the landowner of Galbraith is about to end the stewardship agreement with the WMBC. This is disheartening on many levels. Please go to preservegalbraith.org and sign up and and also follow us on facebook. We will have more information as it becomes available + items that you can do to help in this effort.