Frozen Lake

Frozen Lake is a 2.9 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Parkwood, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from June until October.

skiing

beatiful view

Pretty hike. Connected to several other trails.

I hiked this trail on my way way to Fremont point, since it was part of the Fremont point trail, I rated it the same.

This hike was pretty fast but also fulfilling. Frozen Lake itself is kind of just a little kettle pond chillin out but still worth the trek up. The views of Mt. Rainier are incredible, however. Spotted some mountain goats along the way and some wildflowers were sprouting up along the trail as well. It was fairly calm and mostly cloudy down at the lodge but once we reached the lake the weather turned to massive winds and a mixture of drizzle and snow. Amazing how a little bit of elevation gain can change the whole game. Bring a wind breaker, that’s all I have to say.

Monday, August 14, 2017

Frozen Lake itself is underwhelming but the trek to it and past it is beautiful! I was thankful that I overheard a ranger saying that the 2.2 trek down the wonderland trail to the lodge was pretty!! That was well worth it!!

Monday, August 07, 2017

We completed this hike (our first 5mi+) in Aug 2012 without trekking poles, water, or proper shoes. There are multiple ways to complete it due to the intersection of multiple trails at frozen lake, we started on the sourdough trail, headed up the Borroughs trail for a half mile then returned back over the wonderland trail.

Sunday, August 13, 2017