Franklin Falls Trail 1036

Franklin Falls Trail 1036 is a 2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 367 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Please note: The road leading to the trailhead periodically closes to motor vehicles due to snow levels. You can park just before the closure and walk the road instead. However, this makes the total trip length approximately 8 miles. Franklin Falls Trail is a popular, easy hike that is only a few miles round trip and is easily accessible thanks to the paved road in and the ample parking lot. It is a perfect hike for the whole family, so feel free to bring kids, even the little ones. The path is clearly marked and had plenty of stopping points. This is a highly travelled trail so parking fills up quickly, but that also means there are are restrooms available at the trailhead. This is a great hike year round. It is a perfect hike for taking a dip in the summer, enjoying a classic foggy pacific northwest day, and is a real winter wonderland when it is snowy- though you will want to consider bringing snow shoes or at least sturdy hiking boots and hiking poles. This can also be done as a loop with the Wagon Road Trail.

The waterfall was GUSHIN’ today. There were creeks all over the trail and my shoes definitely got soaked but it wasn’t too impossible to manage. At the end where you can usually stand at the base of the waterfall was all covered in a river. Really easy & quick hike!

very nice short hike

Short with a good payoff at the end. Very easy and could combine with other trails in the area.

beautiful rainy day, mid-week hike! trails in amazing condition. forest workers working on stairs in parking lot. saw 6 other people on trail.

It was a good late season hike, well maintained trail, little to no mud.

I hadn't been on this trail in years and forgot how lovely this hike is. It was cold with some snow along the trail and on the bridges from Tuesday's snow fall, but so pretty. I love walking along Denny Creek with it's twists, turns and little falls, with some of the leaves on the banks starting to change color. Franklin Falls is always beautiful but did get pretty damp with it's spray. On the walk back the sun was warming the trail so we could see all the different mushrooms along it, wow. A beautiful well maintained trail.

Super fun and well maintained trail! Took my 4 year old and he had a blast!

Hiked this on a rainy Tuesday in October, ran into a couple but that was it. On the day I went many of the steps had standing water, so if it's been or is raining definitely need some waterproof boots. A little snow in some spots off the trail but the trail itself was clear. The waterfall is pretty cool, I didn't stay to long in the rain but it was worth the trek in my opinion.

many mushrooms!

Scenic, relatively easy hike to do with kids (ages 5 & 7) - pacing and scenery kept everyone engaged and they were thrilled to see the waterfall at the end. Beautiful site. But please, if you bring your dog on any hike, pack out your waste and bags. We saw several filled bags left by the side of the trail and disposed of them - please be responsible for your furry friends!

a nice easy mile in mile out trail with a gorgeous view of the falls at the end.

Help! I think I May Have Lost My Wallet There Today 8/8/2019. I Just Moved To Kent, WA From Idaho. My Driver's License Is From Imperial, Pennsylvania, Because I Lived There Prior To Idaho. My Family And I Were Going To Do This Hike Today. But I Didn't Have Change To Pay The Toll. I Just Had $20 Bills. Chaos Happened When My Husband And I Were Trying To Put Our Children In Our Car. And That Was The Last Time I Have Seen My Wallet. Please Call Or Text Me If You Found It. 208.497.8179 Thank You!

not a lot of people traffic but those who don't keep their dogs on the leash spoil the hike a bit for everyone else

Great trail! Nice waterfall! Really an enjoyable easy ish hike. Only thing that could have made this a better trip was people with dogs. Plastic bags of crap strewn beside the trails dogs not on leashes. The coup de gras was when we sat down by the falls to eat lunch an unleashed dog runs over and takes a dump not 10 feet from us- priceless! Lose the dogs on the trail please!!!

short and easy hike to beautiful waterfalls. Went on our last day in Seattle on a Tuesday after labor day weekend. started the hike at about 10 am with only a few people on the trail - was able to enjoy the waterfall to ourselves and a great way to end our visit

Family friendly hike! Saw tons of elementary age kids on the trail too. Pro-tip, you can park on the side of the road where you see the wooden fence on the trail. It probably shaves half a mile from your hike, and the parking lot is usually packed anyways

Beautiful hike! Very easy with kid. I did it with my 4yo

awesome family hike. if you dont like overcrowded trails this might not be for you.

A great place to go to get out of the crazy city. But, not on Labor Day week end. Easy to get to on paved road. The discover pass won't be accepted are. You'll need the northwest forest pass or pay $5 at the trail head. It was and easy hike on a well maintained path with a lot of steps. It gets a little sketchy when you get there. A narrow one way rocky path to the falls. If the rocks are wet you could slip and fall down to the bottom. You wouldn't kill yourself, but you could brake a bone or two.

Family friendly pretty easy hike

There was a sign recommending to take the wagon road trail back to make it a loop. Large parking lot. Being your northwest forest pass or you can pay $5 for a day pass. Nice scenic falls at the end where you could take a dip. Easy trail with steps.

this was a very busy trail that had been well maintained other than the occasional muddy spot. The parking was completely full and the bathrooms needed maintenance. There were a few spots on the trail that did not have wooden railing, some of which have a steep drop off, which was not ideal with small children. Also, there is a rock wall that you need to hug up against at the very end of the trail in order to get down to the waterfall which can be quite difficult with small children.

Do this hike in the winter when the falls are frozen - even more spectacular!

Easy, dog friendly and water falls!

Lovely hike, hard to park though. Crowded a bit but not too bad! Several great views of the water along the way.

We were here on a Friday morning and it was a freeway but a nice hike.

Nice falls at end. There was a lot of water pouring over it in August.