Franklin Falls Trail 1036

Franklin Falls Trail 1036 is a 2 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Snoqualmie Pass, Washington that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 367 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Please note: The road leading to the trailhead periodically closes to motor vehicles due to snow levels. You can park just before the closure and walk the road instead. However, this makes the total trip length approximately 8 miles. Franklin Falls Trail is a popular, easy hike that is only a few miles round trip and is easily accessible thanks to the paved road in and the ample parking lot. It is a perfect hike for the whole family, so feel free to bring kids, even the little ones. The path is clearly marked and had plenty of stopping points. This is a highly travelled trail so parking fills up quickly, but that also means there are are restrooms available at the trailhead. This is a great hike year round. It is a perfect hike for taking a dip in the summer, enjoying a classic foggy pacific northwest day, and is a real winter wonderland when it is snowy- though you will want to consider bringing snow shoes or at least sturdy hiking boots and hiking poles. This can also be done as a loop with the Wagon Road Trail.

icy

Went on this trail yesterday and absolutely loved it. Such a cool place to see and tons of other trails and camping right around it. The water was freezing cold and if you got too close, you could get drenched but was definitely worth it. Rocks near the waterfall are pretty slippery so definitely stick to hiking shoes.

Excellent trail!! Great conditions! Loved that we were along the river the whole time. Hiked it with a 3 year old. He loved it! Pretty icy at the rocks when you go down to the falls so be careful.

Cute little hike. Waterfall is amazing. Muddy and no snow. Hiked: 11/17/19

Very easy hike, muddy. Good for all ages.

fee

Easy trail. Short. Great for exposing visitors. I hate that you can see I-90 in some areas.

Beautiful little hike, especially with kids. Was thankful I went on a weekday as I've heard this trail gets a lot of traffic. There was still quite a few. A little slippery and wet close to the falls but otherwise good.

icy

The waterfall was GUSHIN’ today. There were creeks all over the trail and my shoes definitely got soaked but it wasn’t too impossible to manage. At the end where you can usually stand at the base of the waterfall was all covered in a river. Really easy & quick hike!

very nice short hike

Short with a good payoff at the end. Very easy and could combine with other trails in the area.

beautiful rainy day, mid-week hike! trails in amazing condition. forest workers working on stairs in parking lot. saw 6 other people on trail.

It was a good late season hike, well maintained trail, little to no mud.

I hadn't been on this trail in years and forgot how lovely this hike is. It was cold with some snow along the trail and on the bridges from Tuesday's snow fall, but so pretty. I love walking along Denny Creek with it's twists, turns and little falls, with some of the leaves on the banks starting to change color. Franklin Falls is always beautiful but did get pretty damp with it's spray. On the walk back the sun was warming the trail so we could see all the different mushrooms along it, wow. A beautiful well maintained trail.

Super fun and well maintained trail! Took my 4 year old and he had a blast!

Hiked this on a rainy Tuesday in October, ran into a couple but that was it. On the day I went many of the steps had standing water, so if it's been or is raining definitely need some waterproof boots. A little snow in some spots off the trail but the trail itself was clear. The waterfall is pretty cool, I didn't stay to long in the rain but it was worth the trek in my opinion.

many mushrooms!

Scenic, relatively easy hike to do with kids (ages 5 & 7) - pacing and scenery kept everyone engaged and they were thrilled to see the waterfall at the end. Beautiful site. But please, if you bring your dog on any hike, pack out your waste and bags. We saw several filled bags left by the side of the trail and disposed of them - please be responsible for your furry friends!

a nice easy mile in mile out trail with a gorgeous view of the falls at the end.

Help! I think I May Have Lost My Wallet There Today 8/8/2019. I Just Moved To Kent, WA From Idaho. My Driver's License Is From Imperial, Pennsylvania, Because I Lived There Prior To Idaho. My Family And I Were Going To Do This Hike Today. But I Didn't Have Change To Pay The Toll. I Just Had $20 Bills. Chaos Happened When My Husband And I Were Trying To Put Our Children In Our Car. And That Was The Last Time I Have Seen My Wallet. Please Call Or Text Me If You Found It. 208.497.8179 Thank You!

not a lot of people traffic but those who don't keep their dogs on the leash spoil the hike a bit for everyone else