Fragrance Lake Trail

Fragrance Lake Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bellingham, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Excellent trail just outside of Bellingham and across from Larrabee State Park.

Fun Trail, spotted some Juvenile Owls.

cool lookout, pretty lake, big trees, nice workout, good hike!

Thought I would give this one a try with my kids (5 and 9) on a sunny Sunday. Luckily we arrived kind of early so parking wasn't a problem, but by the time we got back, everything was full. Lots of people and dogs on the trail, but I don't mind that when it's just my kids and I. Everyone was super friendly. Trail is easy to follow and well maintained. It took us a while, but both kids completed it, including around the lake. I wish there was more places to sit once you got to the lake, but we made it work. (Probably not much of an issue during the week, but it was busy today.) We all enjoyed the scenery.

This was a pretty easy trail. There are a few switch backs & no view points up to the lake. I don't suggest doing this hike on a sunny day. There is no view at the top, only a small lake & trees, so if you're looking to take full advantage of a sunny day I don't suggest this hike. However, It is still a nice small hike!

Nice trail left early morning. Trail got busy as we were finishing up.