Fragrance Lake Trail

Fragrance Lake Trail is a 4.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bellingham, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Excellent trail just outside of Bellingham and across from Larrabee State Park.

Parked at the trail head today and my car plus all the cars next to mine were broken in today many valuables were stolen so be careful parking at the trailhead!

Great challenging first time hike....totally enjoyed the hike up with friends....#firsthikeever

Awesome trail! Lots of great views and the lake is beautiful! Beware, lots of dogs off leash.

The trail was great! The hike is a lot of climbing at an incline. The lake was beautiful. Definitely a fun and challenging hike for my family of beginners.

great trail, with great views.

We actually didn't end up going to the lake. Instead we walked the fragrance lake trail until you are nearly at the lake, and instead took a right, then a left up the mountain to Cleator road. Once we got to Cleator road we continued uphill to the Cyrus Gate Outlook. It's a lot of uphill but wasn't very difficult for us, as moderate hikers. That view is worth it.

Excellent!

A nice 3 hour hike that included the lookout and the loop around the lake. Probably 5.5 miles total. Not for the really unfit but very doable for the occasional hiker. Not many sitting options around the lake (2 or 3). Trail well maintained. Busy by noon (weekend).

Great hike up and down.

Very shady hike - perfect on a hot sunny day. Lightly trafficked until about 2pm then more moderately trafficked. Keep an eye out for giant slugs!

Nice shady trail up to a pretty lake. Be sure to do the short lookout trail - beautiful views of the San Juan islands.

good trail worth the effort.

Fun Trail, spotted some Juvenile Owls.

cool lookout, pretty lake, big trees, nice workout, good hike!

Thought I would give this one a try with my kids (5 and 9) on a sunny Sunday. Luckily we arrived kind of early so parking wasn't a problem, but by the time we got back, everything was full. Lots of people and dogs on the trail, but I don't mind that when it's just my kids and I. Everyone was super friendly. Trail is easy to follow and well maintained. It took us a while, but both kids completed it, including around the lake. I wish there was more places to sit once you got to the lake, but we made it work. (Probably not much of an issue during the week, but it was busy today.) We all enjoyed the scenery.

This was a pretty easy trail. There are a few switch backs & no view points up to the lake. I don't suggest doing this hike on a sunny day. There is no view at the top, only a small lake & trees, so if you're looking to take full advantage of a sunny day I don't suggest this hike. However, It is still a nice small hike!

Nice trail left early morning. Trail got busy as we were finishing up.

This hike was okay. The lake is pretty, but I enjoy hikes with more of a lookout. Going back down the trail, there is another trail to wander on that takes you to a lookout point, which made the hike worth it.