Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Fourth of July Creek Trail to Icicle Ridge

Fourth of July Creek Trail to Icicle Ridge is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From milepost 99 on US 2, on the western edge of Leavenworth, follow the paved Icicle Creek Road (Forest Road 76) for 9.4 miles to the trailhead, located on your right (elev. 2300 ft).

Lots of snow up top still but very doable. This trail is relentless but worth it! Many wildflowers! Hit snow at 3.5 miles which was patchy until about mile 4 and then it was snow all the way to the top. Lost the trail but climbed anyways.

4/25/19 This would have been a great hike (we think) but had to bail after ~3.5 miles. Hit snow at mile 2 and stuck it out as long as we could, it’s was beautiful and warm outside but the trail was very hard to find especially since there were no other footprints out there. Will for sure come back when the snow is gone! Views were great can only imagine what the top was.

Made it up 3.3 miles before the trail was lost to snow! Was worth the hike. Beautiful hike great trail only a few blow downs on the trail. Look forward to making it to the top in a few weeks.

Great tough trail. Get out early as it will be hot. Take plenty of water as there are little to no water available. I tried to tie 4th of July to Chatter Creek via Icicle Ridge Trail and the trail is completely overgrown. Bushwacked for an hour trying to find any sign of the trail.....no luck. The top part of the Icicle Ridge Trail needs some serious work.

Too steep to run, but gorgeous and trail is in good shape

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Like others have said: fantastic views and strenuous. I will add that the trail is easy to travel except for several fallen trees blocking the way. Careful manoeuvring required especially if carrying a heavy pack. Not much shade. Bring a hat. We found a fee ticks on the dog. Something to be careful of. Have fun!

Sunday, October 08, 2017

Great for elevation gain

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Hike is pretty much up to the top, then down. Fairly strenuous. It was somewhat smoky when we went which didn't help. Fantastic views at the top portion of the trail. Well worth it! Take snacks and lots of water!

Friday, June 16, 2017

Awesome hike that will get the thighs burning. The views along the last mile and a half and at the top are unparalleled. Both times I've done this hike I damn near stepped on a rattlesnake so watch the trail at least a few feet ahead.

Saturday, August 13, 2016

My dog and I went last Wed, it was a hot August day. I was planning on all the way up but it got really hot and doggy and I were dying :( We made it up to the very first part of the meadow area, the views were amazing! :) The BEST part of the trail was the switchbacks over the waterfall, my pup could get in there and lay down and drink and I splash myself to cool down. The worst part was the giant bee hive in the middle of the trail toward the top, I saw it before hand so just ran as fast as I could and jumped with dog doing the same. Although the bees were swarming we got over it twice with no stings! :) Also there were signs about seeing rattlers on the trail and in some spots the trail was so thick I could barely see my feet or the sides of the trail, so if there was a snake I would have been in trouble. That creeped me out but just ran through those parts as fast as possible! All and all it was an AMAZING day and we did not see 1 other person which is what we enjoy the most and I captured some great pics! :) Happy Trails to you all!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Fantastic hike. Nothing technical, but enough climb and narrow passages to keep you on your toes. Also had two minor creek crossings. Amazing views from the top.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

We went on October 12th 2015. Climbed up 3.0 miles decided to head back because it seemed unclear how far the trail may go. Was under the impression it was 5.3 miles round trip and we were not prepared to hike both ways. Was moderate the first couple miles - creeks were very low but had some great views. No noticeable wildlife but a grouse and a chipmunk we saw on our travels up. Weather was perfect and for the most part had exposure to daylight. Definitely would hike this trail again. We logged 6 miles round trip back to the vehicle. Will be coming back to repeat and conquer this adventure!!

Monday, April 13, 2015

We were on icicle road trying to get to a different hike, which was closed. 4th of July was open and clearly marked at the trailhead. This hike was very steep and there was snow several miles up (this was in March 2015). The snow/ice made it too dangerous and we decided to head down. The views were great in some spots along the trail and it was fairly well maintained

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Spectacular views from the top, numerous wildflowers, and not particularly busy. This was a great early season hike.

Friday, May 25, 2018