Foothills Trail from Puyallup to South Prairie

Foothills Trail from Puyallup to South Prairie is a 14.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Puyallup, Washington that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

rails trails

Paved level trail for road biking, walking, running or horseback riding

The trail is closed through the end of October.

Great Ride! great views!

there are actually 30 miles of foothills trail but they are not connected at this time.

for the Puyallup/Orting/South Prairie trail if you start in puyallup you have about ten flat miles. the 500 feet of elevation occurs in the last 5 miles or so. this makes Puyallup my preference for biking or running starting point.

starting in Orting gives access to a parallel natural path but I have not made it that far lately as I have been running so I do not recall how long it is.

Do this one on a weeknight...it's not too busy with cyclists then.

Easy paved trail, though we only went from E. Foothills to Orting HS (about 6.5 miles) for our first time out. Moderately busy with walkers and bikers both, but everyone was very friendly. :)

Bad app

Whew! Long walk but we got it done!

Whew! Long walk but we got it done!

I used to rollerblade a lot in West Seattle. Is that something that is frowned upon from cyclists on this trail?

Saturday, August 06, 2016

great trail to walk the dogs on and lots of bikers

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

This is my favorite "go to" for biking. I like to start in Puyallup and ride to South Prairie for a coffee break. A nice 30 miles.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

I love the foothills trail as a twice weekly routine. It's a very nice and safe bike path that provides 30 miles of round-trip bicycle exercise.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Great trail, excellent views, easy riding. Remember to stop at Trailside coffee in South Prairie for a berry smoothie.

Monday, April 04, 2016

Great trail for biking.

surfing
Friday, February 12, 2016

Knarley

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Beautiful day! Good ride. Lots of color left in the trees.

Sunday, November 01, 2015

It's a nice beginner training ride for endurance and speed. Lots of Strava segments

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

any paved trail should not be claimed as difficult. it was disappointing.

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

This bike ride was boring, nothing really to look at. Heavy traffic even for early in the morning. I have never walked this trail, only biked but not a trail I would choose to ride again.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Just like others have said, it is not a loop, there is not a lot of shade, it is not difficult (more of a walk/run/road bike trail than a hiking/mountain biking trail).

If you are looking for a difficult hike or mountain bike route, then I would give this one star. But I am giving it 5 stars based on the following:

-The trail is well kept.
-It is a great trail for road bikes, runners, and walkers alike-which is what I was looking for.
-There are a number of places to start from along the trail if you do not intend to travel the full distance.