Flaming Geyser State Park Trail

Flaming Geyser State Park Trail is a 1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Enumclaw, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and road biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.0 miles Elevation Gain: 252 feet Route Type: Loop

Note: As of June 2019, the loop is CLOSED off at the West side of the entrance. Please check park page for information and updates. Discover Pass required for use of this trail.

Easy trail that is fun to do in the fall when all the colors are out

Pretty easy and beautiful. This was the actual first hike of mine on my own and before my harder hike at Rainier. great for dogs as well.

Interesting bubbling methane at the top of the trail in the creek water. Couple of steep area with stairs and one steep area without stairs. Trail was clear but has some nettles and hogweed on the sides so don’t touch. Flaming Geyser near the parking lot past the lodge wasn’t very interesting since it wasn’t actively bubbling or burning.

Pretty easy trail with some overgrown spots. However the loop is closed off at the west side entrance.

The trail was VERY overgrown with a lot of stinging nettles. It was a nice quiet walk. The trails up the the bubbling geyser were better maintained. Overall it was ok

went with my 1 and 2 year old they liked it because it was short. vary pretty and had a playground. disappointed by the flame lol visit spring 2018

It was very pretty. Well marked trails and a lot of information spread throughout the park about the history. We did a lot more then recorded but my phone was dying. You could spend the whole day there with family! It has easy trails, picnic areas with plenty of benches, playground, and bathrooms which are kept very clean!

Nice quiet getaway.

pretty easy hike, just the first part is where all the uphill is, but shortly after that it flattens out. no nice views to see but a pretty, quiet hike through the Forest. part of the trail was closed due to hazerdous conditions, and there were 3 or 4 fallen trees I had to climb over but not too difficult, so I wasn't able to loop back around. the other trail pretty much took me back to the entrance where I had to walk back on the road to get back to my car. overall nice, easy hike.

Went yesterday, before it started to snow. Due to the impending snow did not get to explore as much as we wanted. The little bit that we did was great! It was pretty easy but did have some incline, enough to keep it interesting. My dog loved it. Good restrooms at trail head. I will definitely be back to explore more see if you really can get 3+ miles out it like another reviewer said, I do hope so.

Did this a couple weeks back. Good small hike for after brunch. Chilly day but awesome views!

Very good trail for beginners. With loop around the lake and in-and-out trails you can make it about 3.5 miles.

I guess early December is the season when salmon swim upstream to spawn and die. We saw hoards of salmon struggle upstream, saw white tendrils near the “bubbling geyser” (apparently methane?) and saw two places where geysers are but were not active nor did they even have a hint that they were active in another season, although they might be or maybe they just aren’t active geysers. Anyway, the kiddos enjoyed all the things we saw, and it was a beautiful day! We will definitely return.

Saturday, July 14, 2018

great hike with my parents, husband and stepson!

Sunday, July 01, 2018

Amazing peacefully

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

The name is what caught our curiosity but it's not as impress as it sounds lol we did enjoy going over to the water and skipping rocks.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Very fun and easy trail! Wet and muddy, so be careful.

Saturday, August 12, 2017

It's a very narrow trail that didn't really offer much. A lot of foliage is dead this time of year. It's a good trail to jog or an easy trail for beginners.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

I went with my neighbor's children, who are 7 and 9. we saw the flame less geyser, hiked to bubbling geyser, and then a longer path to the river. it was a bit over 2 miles total, the children enjoyed it thoroughly and I loved hiking it again. Discover pass required for parking.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

This is a great place to take kids! My kids aren't too fond of hiking (yet); but they enjoyed this one! They left feeling like they wanted to explore hiking even more. The trails aren't to hard for them and they LOVE the geyser!

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

There are long trails in to the park along the river that are much less travelled.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Nice trails but really muddy. Flaming geyser had not flame.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Trail is closed due to construction from October 1 - November 30.

Monday, September 05, 2016

the geyser was not flaming but there is great picnic spots and river access

Very pretty. Not to challenging. Great place to hike with my dogs.

Monday, July 18, 2016

easy. great for families with little ones. nice river to see

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Great for family hike. Short hike, easy enough that my 3 year old was able to do it with us. There is lots of picnic benches and a play structure.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

very disappointing. the geyser was not flaming and the trail is very short.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

This an easy hike but enjoy my time on the trail.