Learn more

Faraway Rock via Reflection Lakes

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(45)
Mount Rainier National Park

Faraway Rock via Reflection Lakes is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Paradise Inn, Washington that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and walking and is best used from June until October.

Distance: 1.3 miles Elevation Gain: 351 feet Route Type: Out & Back

icy

We had a hard time finding trails to do in Mount Rainier during the time we were there because of the lasting snow conditions. I'm normally very prepared but we flew in from the east coast and were doing a Washington National Parks road trip and just weren't expecting it, especially since the other 2 parks were totally fine. ANYWAY - the trail did still have some large patches of slushy snow (and my foot did punch through into a covered stream, completely soaking my boot) however there are also areas of trail totally exposed. I definitely would not have been able to find my way had it not been for the AllTrails map and occasional footprints of others. Although it was snowy, slippery, and a little muddy, we were able to complete this trail safely with just average hiking boots. And WOW was the view worth it!!!

Had a little bit of snow and was overcast but overall still great especially for those getting back into it.

It is a nice short trail but be careful with snakes I happened to see couple of them. I had my dog with me, no wonder why pet is not allowed.

Couldn’t see mt rainier because of clouds, but stunning views in all other directions. Marmot convention at one of the lookouts. Really awesome composting toilet. Took the lower lakes loop on the way down and saw a beautiful fat black bear munching away on grass! One of the best hikes we’ve been on! 7 stars out of 5!

Very beautiful! With views of Mt. Rainer and multiple waterfalls, you can’t beat that!

Clockwise if you want to minimize your up hill. Spectacular views, trail in great condition. A couple of muddy spots but nothing impassable. Highly recommend!

Tue Jul 31 2018

Spectacular view of tatooish ridge. Hiked in late July - got swarmed with biting horse flies. Wife and kids were less impressed than I was.

recorded Recording - Sep 02, 05:44 PM