Falls Creek Trail Loop

Falls Creek Trail Loop is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Carson, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The 3062 road is closed from December 1 to April 1 making the total hike 8.6 miles from the gate.

This was a long drive for us, coming south of Portland, but the trail and waterfall were totally worth it! We had a 1 (carried in a pack), 6 & 8 year old who did great on the trail and loved it. I would consider this trail heavily trafficked, but maybe because I'm not use to so many people. It's not like Multnomah falls, but there is a good sized lot at the trailhead for parking and it was full.

Came here a few times and still love it!

Great hike with a fantastic view of the falls at the top.

the falls were AWESOME. I'm asthmatic so trails with a lot of incline make me a little nervous but this wasn't too bad. my only qualm was with the road! the last 2 miles getting there is EXTREMELY hole-y. definitely have to take it slow to not ruin your car's suspension. (but it was also kind of apart of the fun)

This is a great family hike for the out and back section. The grades are easy enough for even small children to make the trip. Mom and dad beware, there are a few short sections where the trail runs along a dropoff, not anything serious just an FYI. At the waterfall we ate lunch, kids climbed on the boulders, feed peanuts to the Chipmunks. When it was time to leave the kids reluctantly left the playground. Beware, info says light to medium use. I would say it's heavy use. get there early or mid afternoon to avoid parking issues.

On weekends it’s too crowded and too many dogs off leash and not controlled. There is a Leash law for this hike but not enforced.
During the week its fantastic.

Great hike! Kid friendly-ish. Wouldn’t recommend for new walkers.

Beautiful hike, lots of people!

Beautiful hike, pretty easy. I would suggest the completing the loop. You will not be right on the river for half of it if you do but the forest is beautiful!

Such a beautiful hike!!!

Wonderfully beautiful hike! The waterfall is incredibly majestic and powerful. Follows a creek and there are a few bridges.

Wow! Was not expecting this waterfall as I made the final turn before it appeared through the trees. The photos don't even do it justice. Definitely worth the hike.

Our 2nd hike of the year. It was a beautiful hike that is well worth walk. There is high traffic, but friendly people all the up the trail.

We got poured on, which doesn't bother us. Trail was muddy but very manageable, but it is very narrow and steep drop offs in some places so be mindful when it's wet. I was surprised by the amount of people we saw. The last part of the road going in was pretty pot-holed so all the traffic was a bit of a shock. It's a spectacular hike though and the waterfall is huge. So loud sometimes you don't realize it until you get a bit away.

Everything about this hike was amazing. A bit busy for my taste but how can you resist. The falls were breathtaking!! Will highly recommend to everyone who I can.

Perfect Sunday hike, a light rain and some muddy spots. But it is all well worth it when you get to the falls. Absolutely breathtaking! !

Great views, easy hike, beautiful roaring waterfall

If you hike the loop, eventually the trail splits. Someone has placed logs across the trail you should NOT take.

This is legitimately the most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen. We went up here yesterday and it was such a lovely day and it was early enough in the season that it wasn't near as crowded as the other time I came here last summer, which was perfect. Highly recommend this to everyone!!!

Great first hike of the year. Dog friendly. Not too muddy when wet. A bit of snow remaining.

3/3/18 11am-3:30pm Clear Sky, No wind, 35°
Parked on Meadow Creek Rd., as the access road up to the trailhead was covered with about 5-6” of snow. Snowshoed about 2.5 miles up to the trailhead, though very doable in boots.
Hid the snowshoes at the trailhead and proceeded to the lower falls via trail 152A. Trail was easy to follow and in good condition; mostly boot-packed path, not too slippery.
Climbed up the connector trail (152) to the upper falls loop following a set of boot tracks. Snow was a little deep for boots toward the top of the trek to the upper falls viewpoint (though not to the end of the trail), about a foot and a half in places. Intended to follow the upper falls loop back to the trailhead, but decided against it since there were no tracks to follow and we were running short on time.
Traveled back down to trail 152A and made our way back to the car.
About 9.5 miles round trip from car, to lower falls, to upper falls, and back to car. Walk from Meadow Creek Rd. to the trailhead ads 5 miles (round trip) and about 400ft of elevation gain. Definitely recommend waterproof boots, gators, and poles for those not sure of footing. Snowshoes recommended depending on snow conditions.

Overall, gorgeous hike with blue sky’s, no wind, and a comfortable 35°. The falls is beautiful in the winter

I've hiked Falls Creek Falls in the summer but this is a MUST-SEE in the winter. Felt other-worldy. Absolutely stunning. Well worth the extra 4 miles. We wore Yaktrax and found them helpful but there were hikers without them as well.

I did this hike last July. The trail was easy and the falls were maybe the best I've seen in the Northwest. The road getting to the trailhead is a bit rough, take it slow and try to avoid the bigger potholes and you should be fine.

February 13 hike was fabulous. A little nippy in places, and a little icy near the waterfall, but gorgeous nevertheless. Trail loops in a slightly different spot than shown on the map, there's a cut through right before the falls (going east / turning right from parking onto trail 152a), so we took that on the way back. Lots of water! Fairly certain snow fell the next day, so it may be a bit icier now.

About a 1.5 mile to the trailhead in the off season. It was totally manageable moderate. Thought we got to the falls and discovered the real wowzer was still ahead! Did the out and back, didn’t see the loop connection, but didn’t care. 8 miles from the gate. Super pretty!

Not long or difficult but just right for a quick fix. I’m looking forward to taking my kids on it as it’s perfect for their capabilities and stamina. The falls at the end had me in awe. I could stay all day

Beautiful hike! This is a pretty good hike, not hard but good enough for a good workout! I would do this one again!

Great trail, beautiful falls and scenery! We went on super bowl Sunday so it was fairly quiet which was a big plus! Highly recommend!