Explorer Falls Trail

Explorer Falls Trail is a 2.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Snohomish, Washington that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Follow Monroe Camp rd all the way to the end. Park. Walk behind the gate that says closed to all motorized vehicles. Follow the trail. You'll come to a fork and you'll go to the right. (If you go left you'll have to climb over old railroad track and rail road ties. Wrong way) After going right a little ways down you'll see a blue sign in the tree that says Explorer Falls and to the left of it you'll see a big pile of trees. Follow the trail behind the pile of trees you'll go down a little more and turn left at the hill and fallen trees. You'll go down a big ravine and follow the road you'll go behind another gate that has shot gun holes in it. You'll start to hear a stream. When it gets really loud you'll look to the right and there will be a dirt trail to the bottom of the Falls. Follow the stream up a little ways and you'll be at the bottom of the waterfalls.

I recommend if your vehicle can take it, to drive down the gravel road to the trail head and park on the side of the road. I also recommend lots of bug spray because the flys will follow you for miles. The hike was easy and worth it none the less. Beautiful for pictures and a good workout if you decide to make the climb up to the top of the falls.

A nice, sort, fairly easily hike. It was very quiet during the Thursday afternoon that I went. The falls are small, and the pools have interesting things to look at.

Great trail easy to follow lots of little orange marks or signs however there are ALOT of flies and they bite! So just be prepared for that and have fun! There's two ways to go, up to the top(which is difficult and steep) or walk up the river a bit and see an amazing little waterfall (what I recommend)

I took my 6yr old girl and 10yr old boy, who have hiked Heather Lake a few times and enjoyed it. Explore Falls is not kid friendly, my opinion - too steep of dusty hills in most parts; once you arrive on the trail, lots of slipping and falling. I am not a fan of rock road the first .75 mile, hence the logging comments below. Once you get to actual trail it's marked by orange utility spray paint. Bring bug spray and sun screen. I would not recommend a dog with all the broken jagged rocks everywhere. This hike goes down in my book as not a good one.

We had a blast! Nice and easy hike. There was a few logging trucks but there is plenty of room on the sides to get out of the way. the water fall was beautiful and very picture friendly! I suggest going on a weekend when no loggers are working but I do recommend this hike to anyone and everyone.

We tried hiking today, but there were numerous logging trucks on the road. One of the truckers stopped and told us there were "a lot of bears less than mile away". He showed us a picture he had supposedly taken from his truck less than 10 minutes ago. We didn't have bear spray, and we had our two kids... made the decision to turn back and not chance the bears!

I'm confused...nobody says anything about the logs and cement blocks that block the hike...the logging trucks are a bit of a distraction...was the hike the logging/gravel trail? Does one have to travel that before getting to the trail head? Looking for information ...

huge hazard to the logging trucks head on with your walk. lots of deer fly and biting bugs. waterfall is great and lots of pics to take

fun trail its a easy hike if u want to take the kids on and short enough for them to do without getting burned out nice little cave also at the falls

Took the kids. Had so much fun. A relatively easy hike with a cool waterfall and cave at the end to play in.

Verrryyy short. More like a nature walk than a hike. Not much water rn either. Very pretty but there was more drive time than hike so it wasn't completely worth it to me.