Learn more

Evergreen Beach Trail is a 1.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Olympia, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.6 miles Elevation Gain: 226 feet Route Type: Out & Back

beach

Beautiful forest

Beautiful simple hike in town

Beautiful scenery. Love the big ferns. Cool tree on path. Perfect timing with the tide being out for the beach. No parking to pay for on the weekends. Saw many people, but everyone kept distance to pass on trail.

LOVE this trail! Very muddy when I went but there’s so many different trails around here, you can definitely make it as long or as far as you’d like.

Great trail especially for family! Mile out from start is the beach, very relaxing and is marked throughout along trail!

Trail was open and a good evening hike with the payoff of the water and beach half way. You can snake all around and increase or decrease your walk. We explored around. Fun day.

Great tail. Not handicap friendly, lots of tree falls in tail as well as a few steep inclines. for me it was fantastic.

Great hike - a bit muddy but the trees are fabulous to look at with all the ferns and overgrowth. Very nice hike.

Lots of dogs, some off leash

This was a pretty well traveled but secluded hike. I did the whole thing with a 3 (almost 4) year old and she did great! We took a break at the water and then a few stops along the way. Keep your eyes peeled for Fairy Houses! We found one that was so sweet. My little one loves that the most!

Sat Jul 06 2019

Had a nice hike. We made it longer branching off to the other parts of the trail. It's a.lovely trail when the weather is nice.

Mon Jun 24 2019

Great little hike with a little elevation here and there.

Fri May 31 2019

Very shaded hike. My 4 kids 4-11 loved it and you end at a rocky beach with lots of crabs everywhere. Downhill to start which was nice, harder going back but a great workout.

Sat May 11 2019

This was a great, quick hike! I was craving the beach and had a break in my day so I thought I’d check it out. Nice and shaded all the way to the beach, beautiful scenery, and an easy hike for anyone of any age. I’ll be back!

Fri May 10 2019

Easy to get down but not easy to get back up!

Tue May 07 2019

This was a beautiful trail to spend an afternoon on. We parked in parking lot F at the Evergreen State College and paid 1.50 for an hour and a half of parking directly at the trailhead- can’t beat that! The trail is well maintained and wide enough to walk side by side but be prepared to share the trail it is well used. The trees are giant and the entire forest here is in such great and amazing health and it shows in every lush bush and purpling trilliums. Beautifully maintained with a nice grade down and a steep return- but not too steep to be difficult. Will be returning this next month with picnic supplies and sunscreen to enjoy an afternoon of fresh air ❤️ There were several dogs that were off leash which isn’t too much of a bother but be prepared if you travel with your pooches !

Sun Apr 28 2019

Fri Apr 26 2019

Pretty breath taking. Highly recommend.

Tue Apr 16 2019

Sun Mar 03 2019

beautiful trail

Sat Feb 23 2019

lots of dogs off leash. which is annoying because we follow the rules! nice and hilly at times but not too difficult for my bad knees. Parts were still snowy but easy to traverse. muddy in spots, but overall a fun hike with all side loops easily leading back to main trail. The views at the beach were beautiful!