Esmeralda Basin Loop Trail

Esmeralda Basin Loop Trail is a 11.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cle Elum, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

1 hour ago

Spectacular still does not describe this loop!

Once you break off from where the trail splits with the Ingalls Pass trail it is a moderate incline up to Fortune Creek Pass. Mostly snow free all the way to the pass. A few feet of snow still remains halfway up the side trail to Lake Ann. Great views.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My friend and I got talking and missed the trailhead for Lake Ingalls

Sunday, July 07, 2013

With a full pack and a six year old I would say this trail is difficult. We crossed 26 water with rocks, the rocky trail, and all the switchbacks to the top definitely a difficult trek. I really wish we had a tent because it would have been an overnighter! Awesome day! Lunch on top and dinner in Cle Elum.

Monday, August 06, 2012

Went to Esmeralda on July 29th. It was a beautiful day. I would have preferred it just a bit cooler, but that's just me. The hike is moderate, not too strenuous. But if you're coming from Seattle, it's definitely an all day trip.

There were still tons of wildflowers. Open meadows just full of them. Saw a few hummingbirds too. The views at the top were amazing! There was still a small amount of snow up there. LOTS of bugs, but my bug spray seemed to do its job for the most part.

Saturday, June 18, 2016