Esmeralda Basin Trail

Esmeralda Basin Trail is a 6.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cle Elum, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Monday, June 01, 2015

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

My friend and I got talking and missed the trailhead for Lake Ingalls

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sunday, July 07, 2013

With a full pack and a six year old I would say this trail is difficult. We crossed 26 water with rocks, the rocky trail, and all the switchbacks to the top definitely a difficult trek. I really wish we had a tent because it would have been an overnighter! Awesome day! Lunch on top and dinner in Cle Elum.

Monday, August 06, 2012

Went to Esmeralda on July 29th. It was a beautiful day. I would have preferred it just a bit cooler, but that's just me. The hike is moderate, not too strenuous. But if you're coming from Seattle, it's definitely an all day trip.

There were still tons of wildflowers. Open meadows just full of them. Saw a few hummingbirds too. The views at the top were amazing! There was still a small amount of snow up there. LOTS of bugs, but my bug spray seemed to do its job for the most part.