Enchanted Valley with O'Neil Pass Loop and Anderson Glacier Trek

Enchanted Valley with O'Neil Pass Loop and Anderson Glacier Trek is a 46.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Quinault, Washington that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until September.

Distance: 46.6 miles Elevation Gain: 10,193 feet Route Type: Out & Back

This is about a Boy Scout trip I went on in July about 40 years ago. I remember a plethora of switchbacks gaining altitude. Some beautiful but muddy vistas. Fields of flowers and small streams and rocky slopes and chirping Pika. I saw one mountain goat standing on the glacier above the lake. The sun was setting to the West and you could see the series of valleys heading to the Pacific. To the east the shadows of the Olympic Mountains slowly crept toward Seattle. It was a defining moment and started my passion for being in nature. It was the best hike I've ever taken. Going to do it again next year.

This was a great route. We just completed a 4-nighter, camping at Pyrites Creek, Siberia, Hart Lake, and finally at Enchanted Valley. Just a head's up- there is no real trail between Lake Lacrosse and the O'Neil pass trail near White Creek. It is doable but be prepared for a very steep, rocky descent with a rather large snow field to cross/slide down/avoid mid way down (early August, 2019). Our group is fairly experienced and we still had some difficulty navigating the best way down. When coming up from Lacrosse you want to make sure to stay right to the second little saddle over. Incredible views coming down, definitely worth it if you're up for the challenge!

Enchanted valley is worth every mile to get to it! We skipped the lollipop and just did out and back with some day hiking. There's water all along the trail so easy to travel light. Recommend a lunch break at ONiel and you can make the valley in a day's hike.

had to give this stars in order to enter a comment. As of yesterday the trail cannot be continued past the junction of trail to Anderson Pass and O'Neil Pass trail - due to an avalanche. I only got as far as White River, which I chose not to cross. A few others did but it was too high for my comfort. Trail up to that point was great. A few downed trees but easy to get over. Enchanted Valley is stunning!

Mon Aug 20 2018