Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Ellis Cove Trail is a 1.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Olympia, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 1.5 miles Elevation Gain: 124 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

Great little hike! Some hills and stairs for a small workout, and lots of shade to keep you cool. Can even see the Olympic Mountains.

I think I’ve found my new favorite trail to run! Love everything about this hike!

Great trail! did it with my 4 year old. The only con is the water wasnt there, but we had fun looking at crabs once we got to that area. It was muddy where the water use to be. My feet did sink in a few times.

Well maintained trail, good for trail running for sure. Nice view of the Capitol to boot!

Nice trail, lots of steps. It’s not very clearly marked though once you’re on the trail there are several forks and it gets confusing.

Great trail for kids and a good leg burn. Not stroller friendly so bring your carrier. Did it with the doggo, 6yr, 5yr, 3yr, & 8mo olds. There is lots of poison oak along trail so be mindful of wandering pups or little curious hands if you do take the littles out. No mud as of today. Lots of little side trails for exploration just be careful of overgrowth of poison oak.

Nice place. Wish there were signs telling you which trial you're on. Lots of poison oak off trial so stay on track. Very clean. Please keep it that way. Trash cans in parking lot and before trial. You can see the Capital from the beach. Lots of steps. If you need a knee brace, bring it here. Not a bad hike though.

Amazing trail. One of my favorites. Not as busy. Great scenery that leads to the beach. Many other trails to go on as well. Definitely recommend this.

Not a good hike for my 2-year-old, lots of steep ledges. Beautiful vegetation.

Beautiful!

It was very beautiful when you first get to the beach part. It looked safe and there were people scattered throughout. My sister and I had my dog and wanted to get a better view of the mountains and when crossing the beach came to this part that we just couldn't stop sinking in. We tried running a different direction to get out of the quicksand but it just ended up getting deeper. When we finally reached a point to get out we were forced to walk across clams and sharp rocks with a ton of baby crabs hatching. our feet are super cut up! Thank God I didn't bring my children with me! There weren't signs anywhere to let anybody know how dangerous certain areas were.

Beautiful hike. What a beautiful gem. Lots of small bridges and. Such an enchanted place that leads you to the beach!

beautiful views, perfect workout for those who need to increase their physical activity. great mix of stairs, uphill trail, and flat.

Loved this trail! Lots of stairs but not too bad.

Do not leave anything in your car. The day I was there the two cars either side of me had the windows smashed and property taken.

Started out nice and flat, then came the stairs. The trail is uphill both ways but great views and a great trail

Was a decent trail. Had a bug issue in one spot but overall great!

absolutely beautiful. great views of the water. even with all the rain lately (Feb 2, 2020) it was any problem. definitely worth going more than once.

Wonderful trail, kept up and no brush. Hard on elderly dogs, leave them home. Encountered dogs without their owners, had a terrifying moment of coming upon a dog closely resembling a mountain creature and froze in our tracks. Then round the corner comes its owner with a strong herb smoke trail not gaf. Please, people, leash your dogs. Otherwise, awesome trail!

flooded

Great trail, enjoyed even with snow night before

gorgeous

Completed September 29, 2019 at sunset. Great little trail with lots of stairs so get some cardio in. Continued on further than marked trail and made it down to a beach spot but it was high tide so trail ended at water. Would love to go back for low tide. Saw two owls in a mating ritual. I went on a Sunday evening and saw multiple people so good trail to do solo knowing you are safe but can see how it would be busy on nice days and maybe crowded. Gonna come back to this one with the kids as they would love all the bridges.

Very heavily wooded trail with a moderate amount of ascents & descents, small beach path leads to stunning vistas of the cove & sound. Unfortunately, there were lots of folks with their dogs off leash, which was a huge turnoff in an otherwise perfect place for a rainy, quiet hike.

Super close awesome trail run. Trails well shaded with lots of up and down hills. If in Olympia it’s a great close run

very nice and well maintained trails. a bit crowded and that is the only reason why I didn't give it five stars. the Forest in the area are gorgeous and I look forward to returning.

Outstanding short hike, got some cardio, view halfway through and amazing forest.

Beautiful views! Don't let the word easy fool you. You will get quite a workout with all the stairs. My 5 year old loved it.