Learn more

Ellen Davis Trail is a 4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Vancouver, Washington. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.0 miles Elevation Gain: 403 feet Route Type: Out & Back

It is a good trail to just need to get away my parents live near an when we just need to go for a walk we walk this trail. Not many people an that's always good!

Please do not park anywhere near this trail. Came here today, 04/20/2020 and parked on the St. James Street trailhead. Was only running for 30 mins when I come back to my car broken into with wallet stolen. Note, this was on a Sunday at 4:00 p.m. and my valuables were hidden under my seat. It seems parking at this location is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. I hate condemning a certain area but I would just avoid this trail. There are better and safer ones.

Aside from the gigantic powerplant this is under, its lovely. Especially during this pandemic of COVID-19, I wanted a secluded sanctuary for us to explore. It was nice & maintained to be relatively clean.

A strong homeless population, makes one feel a little on guard. This trail is good for a quick 4 miler if you don’t have the time for a drive out of town.

Very mellow, close to loud roads, still surrounded by nature and the varied terrain on the trail made it more enjoyable. Fall colors are coming in.

Nice little trail run (not paved) stretch with a few ups and downs. I would not bother seeking this one out if you aren’t local... I run it periodically as part of a loop that includes the west end of Burnt Bridge from the I-5 footbridge to Fruit Valley road.

Sun May 26 2019

Nice spot if you live in Vancouver. However, a walk turned into a run after encountering a man sitting under the branches in the forest. Most likely harmless, but didn’t wave or smile or say hello back to me. A little creepy for me. Must be a nice cool spot to sit in the summer for the homeless or otherwise. A nice spot for a jog with the dog or with others, though.

Mon Jan 14 2019

I wouldn’t go out of your way to the park area. As others have said there’s a lot of homeless and suspicious activity going on. I didn’t feel comfortable alone. The rest of the trail seems okay.

Sun Oct 07 2018

If you live in the neighborhood this is a nice trail towards the end. But I wouldn’t drive to get here.

Thu Jun 21 2018

Homeless camps made me a little hesitant to run with headphones on. Besides that decent trail that is a viable option for a quick run but not a location I’ll be dying to get back to.

Fri Apr 20 2018

power stations! sketchy picking up Trail on other side of power station. trail goes between private properties and Government properties. no bugs today April 19th. summer bugs will most likely be crazy near creek.

Mon Oct 09 2017

I wouldn't go out of your way to hike this trail, especially if you are looking for a view. However, it is good for biking or going on a run. The path is for the most part flat with a few steep up hills. There is also a place for frisbee golf a little bit before the entrance of the trail.

Mon Sep 25 2017

Nice easy trail for a cool afternoon hike

Wed Apr 05 2017

A good 4 mile run with gentle slopes and a few steep switchbacks. Only complaints are that it wasn't nearly as pretty as expected... mostly through commercial areas except near each end. If the whole trail was that pretty I'd run here all the time. Also a little tricky to find your way in the commercial areas, but follow the map and you'll be fine. Bonus, it's right next to Ross off leash dog park, so my dog was happy to play there after our run :)

Mon Jan 30 2017