Eightmile Lake Trail

Eightmile Lake Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Distance: 7.2 miles Elevation Gain: 1,427 feet Route Type: Out & Back

fee

North Western pass or 5$ for a day.

Easiest if the three lakes to get to.

There is a self registration fee of $5. The parking lot is shared with another trail. This was my first time hiking this trail, came with my husband and we really enjoyed it. We came on Labor Day and there was very light foot traffic. The first mile or so with is slightly steep, but eased up thereafter. About 2.2 miles in, it got a little muddy, but wasn’t too bad. It was very easy to go off trail, I highly recommend using gps and/or recording/following trail map. There was some Beautiful scenery but not as much as I had anticipated. The first lake we came up to was very low, but there was a nice place to stop and sit for lunch or rest if needed there. The second lake was Beautiful. Went in the water, was the perfect temperature for the weather. The rocks in the water were pretty slick, I hiked in my Chaco sandals with ease. There was a few places where people had put up tents, I’m not sure that you can actually camp there overnight, but there were a few spots and open spots to rest and what looked like to camp. The total hike was 7.3miles long and took us roughly 4hrs to complete, that included our rest time and the time we sat played in the water and ate. We will definitely come back again and do the neighboring trail.

Really nice lake and a pretty easy hike to get to it. Would probably be a lot more popular if it didn't basically share the same parking lot as Colchuck Lake does. We did Eightmile on Saturday, and saw about 10 total people on the trail, did Colchuck on Sunday and is much more crowded, but also a lot more scenic. Definitely worth doing if you are around and have a little extra time to kill and want to do a pretty mellow hike.

pretty trail, beautiful lake!

Lovely afternoon hike. No bugs ... yeah! A little dusty and hot, but the swim in the lake was all the reward we needed! Would highly recommend!

Moderate hike. Much if the trail is in full sun. Varied terrain from Meadows to boulder fields. Lake was beautiful and serene. Not many other hikers on trail.

We really enjoyed this trail. As others have mentioned, the relatively recent fire activity has left its mark, but the stark contrast between destruction and rejuvenation really makes this uniquely beautiful. We were well past the height of wildflower blooms but still plenty of color to amplify the beauty. This is a relatively easy out and back, getting the steepest grade out of the way in the first mile. There’s not much room to pass in certain areas but we didn’t see more than about a dozen folks the entire time. There is some uneven footing in some areas but nothing too bad. The lake is a bit low (it is mid-August) but still beautiful. We have enjoyed all of our hikes in the Alpine Lakes and Enchantments area. The only real caution is the very bumpy dirt road leading up to the trailhead. Don’t be fooled by the tame washboard periodically as there are some serious holes to throw you off if you are going too fast.

This trail gives you an amazing glimpse of how nature replenishes itself after a natural disaster. Wildflowers and greenery grow up around the charred remnants of trees and ground squirrels and birds go about their days. The trail is overgrown in some places and muddy as well, but nothing that impedes you from completing it. As others said, the cost is $5, but they accept Northwest Forest Passes, which we had.

A lot of new growth from the fire and not many people on the trail. A very serene hike and would recommend to all hiking backgrounds. You do have to pay $5 and no pets allowed. The road up to the trailhead is quite bumpy and mostly on a cliff.

Great trail with gorgeous views. Trail is well used and very easy to follow. Wild flowers are still in bloom but just about done. Sunday did not have as many hikers as I imagined would be there. Only one small section of trail (about 40 yards) was slightly overgrown. My wife and I just started hiking and thought it might be too difficult but it was not and happy we.chose this trail.

Very fun. This is a very moderate level trail. It starts out very steep then becomes sort of flat with mild hills. It starts to get a little rocky towards the lake and muddy, so keep in mind what you put on your feet. Overall, I would recommend this trail for anyone that has done trails before and/or has done long walks in easy parks. I will definitely come back again.

Gorgeous day to hike in the PNW. Trail had great new growth after the fire. The wildflowers were out and so were the bugs. I recommend the bug spray. The lake was tranquil. There were a lot people on the trail for a Tuesday, my opinion. I would do this hike again.

Beautiful trail along the stream. The journey was great. We were a little too focused on the destination and were disappointed that the lake was not nearly as picturesque as we had envisioned despite having seen other photos of the barren landscape due to the not yet distant past fire.

Great hike!!! Definitely recommend! Some strenuous areas but overall not too difficult. Beautiful views including small waterfalls and 2 lakes. Glad we took the advice of other posters and took bug spray with us.

A great hike with little to no bugs today. Made it to the lake in about an hour and 40 min with only a few muddy spots to get through. I’d consider this a moderate hike - definitely worth the view of the lake!

this was a good hike and after doing colchuck same day it definitely have us our workout! we camped over night here and loved the experience! if your gonna camp and wanna sit outside bring bug repellent! the trail was a lite muddy but nothing you can't get around! overall was a great hike!

The landscape is beautiful. I would definitely consider the hike moderate, neither easy nor hard. The lake at the end is very pretty. The trail was not at all crowded on a Friday afternoon (started at 3pm). It took us about 4 hours there and back, including breaks and pictures. There were a ton of bugs!! Wish we brought bug spray. Overall, glad I did it but wouldn’t do it again.

great day on the trail. if you want to stay away from all the west siders up colchuck hike this trail. only saw a few people up and back and the lake is just as scenic. a few blow downs and muddy patches but overall trail in good condition.