Eightmile Lake Trail

Eightmile Lake Trail is a 7.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Leavenworth, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October.

Directions from Leavenworth: Follow direction to Bridge Creek Campground. At Bridge Creek turn south onto Forest Service Road 7601 and follow for approximately 2.5 miles to the Eightmile trailhead.

Great day to hike even if a bit hot. Black flys kept us moving. Saw a bear along the way and lots of fish jumping in Eight Mile Lake. We didn't explore around the lake long enough to find a great spot to hangout. If we had found one this would be 5-stars.

Hiked this trail on the weekend so was a bit busy but not too bad overall. A few short muddy sections but easy to get through on logs. Bugs were out but we applied Deet before starting the trail and the bugs didn't bother us at all the whole trip. Fireweed was just beginning to bloom so will be beautiful in a few days. Very beautiful hike, will definitely do it again.

You better take bug spray! My wife and I have never been bitten so any times in such a short period of time.

No dogs. Come on, WA. Catch up to 2018.

Hiked on Memorial day weekend. Turned out to be 6.6 miles. Absolutely lovely hike (except for the mosquito's). Was surprised by all the charred wood/trees (must have been hit by all the forest fires last year). Some of the trail was under water, but lots of logs were laid down to help us cross. The lake views at the end made the trek worth it. The 3 mi drive up the gravelly road is bouncy. Loved all the water elements (streams, pond, lake, water falls) along the way!

Mixed feelings on this one, having been to many other pristine Alpine Lakes. Definitely not a hike for a warm day, as you’re completely exposed to the sun. It’s tedious and uphill the entire time. The surrounding vistas are beautiful. The “lower lake” is absolutely gorgeous; Eightmile Lake itself is somewhat disappointing, the area around it is mostly charred remnants of previous forest fire damage, and the fact that it has an artificial concrete control wall at its mouth, as well as rock buildup, is displeasing. I would not choose to visit again.

Beautiful hike. hike along the creek and the lake is awsome. Not much traffic here which makes it quiter.

Great hike everything about it was beautiful. A lot of water running off, lakes, streams. It takes a couple of hours so plan it as a day hike. This hike is wonderful if you've done it once, you'll do it again it's that gorgeous.

Beautiful moderate hike. Much different than Colchuck and Stuart but just as enjoyable and scenic.

Great hike with huge glacier views in the beginning and nice all the way. No bugs:)

The hike starts out decently inclined but flattens out for the rest of the walk. Very easy and not many bugs. I personally enjoyed the scenery on the way to the lake a little more than the actual lake but there is a rock to jump off of and plenty of nice swimming once you're there :)

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Got to the trailhead at about noon on Saturday and still was able to park my huge truck in the last remaining parking spot. I was shocked, I figured I'd be parking on the road. Was surprised at how few people we had to share the lake with. Smoke from Canadian wildfire clouded the landscape still, and also blunted the heat of the day. Even so, the water was really pleasant and we swam and floated for hours on the lake. It was really perfect. Easy hike in for anyone in fair hiking shape, just over 3 miles. Any car can make the drive including the Mercedes coupe convertible parked at the trailhead, last 3 miles is uphill dirt road, a little washboard action in places but few potholes.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

-GETTING THERE-
Directions are somewhat misleading, but if you can make your way to the entrance of Leavenworth Village, it's the road immediately to the right (Icicle Road.) It's a 32 minute drive from there to the trailhead, but be prepared to use caution.
The road towards this trailhead is filled with loose gravel and dirt, I would recommend bringing an AWD or at least a car that you don't mind getting some dust on. Its also important to note that the road does get narrow, be aware of incoming cars!

-PASSES-
This trail requires the federal and/or forest pass, a green pass that can be found by the post, and a white envelope type pass to be kept on your dashboard. Parking is a bit tight and on dirt surrounded by trees. Get early (around 6-7am) for a good spot under the trees, especially since the weather will be mildly warm.

-THE ACTUAL HIKE-
I brought my boyfriend and best friend to get a glimpse of this beautiful lake early in the morning. We started at 7:30 and reached the lake by 9:30, a 2 hour trek. The beginning is a HUGE HILL INCLINE, use trekking poles if you wish. None of us used any, but brought a pair just in case. The trail is easy to follow, so you won't be able to get lost.

By the time we finished swimming it was 10:30 and decided to relax up until 11. The trek down took us an hour and a half, with two breaks. We aren't very athletic, but I'd say we did a pretty decent job getting up and down. We reached the trailhead just minutes before 12:15.

- THE VERDICT -
Much easier than Lake Serene, better than Lake 22. It's only my opinion, but Eightmile did give us a great view of what Washington has to offer.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

This trail was beautiful the whole way. Lots of scenery changes and little places on the creek to dip your feet into. There were no bugs on this trail either. The big Eight Mile lake was so pretty. Places to swim and a toilet. Loved this hike!!!!!!!!

Sunday, July 23, 2017

The first mile is the hardest, but well worth it. There are probably 7-8 really large muddy areas on the trail, so be prepared!

Monday, July 10, 2017

The setting of this hike offers multiple attractions. The trail is very well maintained and there are plenty of spots at the lake to hang out.

Wednesday, July 05, 2017

I really enjoyed this hike because a lot of the scenery is a bit different than many other hikes I have been on. A lot of beautiful flowers were in bloom which was really cool to walk through. There were also times when you would be walking through a huge open field and it was a nice change of pace to the trails with covered trees and lots of plants. The lake is beautiful and I found a massive log in the water that I could access to sit on. We camped up there and it was so peaceful!

Monday, July 03, 2017

Execellent hike! Start early on the weekends so that you can enjoy the gorgeous lake alone and not be in the scorching sun. I hit the trail at 6:30am and was back to my truck by 10:40. Good workout and all uphill; would not suggest if you're not in decent shape. Don't forget bug spray!

Monday, July 03, 2017

Difficult trail for me but definatly worth the treck. The lake was beautiful and crystal clear, also very refreshing to swim in after a long hike up hill. Lots of other hikers out but were all very friendly. Will be doing this hike again very soon.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

did this hike on a rainy day last week but it was so worth it. the 3 mi drive on the dirt road isn't great, but i quickly forgot about it once i saw the the abundant wildflowers and varied scenery on the hike. a good workout but not too strenuous, the perfect length for a day hike. little eightmile lake and the actual lake both very beautiful

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Hiked up to eightmile lake June 11th at 9:00am -- camped one night at the lake and hiked down at 6 am June 12 2017
details: We won the lottery held at the Leavenworth Ranger Station so we were allowed to Camp at Lake. The road to the trailhead is very bumpy so drive slow. Hiked up and hit raining hail at around 1:00 pm. Got to the lake and it was very cold. I did not bring enough cold weather clothes. It got down to 30 degrees -- so 35 degree difference from starting point. Had deer walk right up to our tents at 11pm. Only real bummer was that you could not have a campfire. All in all a super beautiful not to horribly strenuous hike.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

This is a great hike. Beautiful the entire way! There are a few areas that are extremely muddy, a few small creek crossings and one crossing on a log over a raging creek. No bugs. The weather was perfect. The road going in is bumpy.

Monday, December 19, 2016

I hiked here a few weeks ago. There was a decent amount of snow, but it was easy running on it with my yak trax. It was my first hike in the enchantments and it was so beautiful. It looked like Narnia. Can't wait to come back and check out other trails.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Thankfully got an early start 8/13/16, because it gets HOT. Keeping it real, this isn't the easiest hike for beginners BUT it's doable with breaks and worth it. I haven't hiked in awhile so my favorite parts were reaching the top and then of course the bottom;) The views are incredible -- pack a light picnic to enjoy before heading back down (+ a fly swatter). Beware of super dusty and rocky trail (watch footing on descend). NOTE: the 2-3 mile gravel road up/down to the trailhead is AWFUL on your car.

Monday, August 08, 2016

No dogs allowed on this trail! The gravel road to the trailhead needs to be graded so it's best to tackle it with a high clearance vehicle.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Nice day hike that included a sweet, chilly swim.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

A nice day hike, a bit cloudy today

Friday, July 15, 2016

Fun easy hike. Beautiful all the way up. Steepest climb out of trailhead then a nice steady ascent all the way to lake. Had a one snd a half year old on my back and a five months pregnant wife. We all enjoyed ourselves.

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Beautiful hike...fairly easy. We took our kids and they did great.

Saturday, July 02, 2016