Ed's Trail

Ed's Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washougal, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until October.

Directions from Yacolt: Travel southeast on NE Railroad Avenue for 2.4 miles to NE Sunset Falls Road. Follow NE Sunset Falls Road to the forest boundary. At the boundary, pick up Forest Route 41. Take 41 south to Forest Route 4109. Route 4109 ends at the trailhead.

Had fun 4 wheeling on the way to the trailhead. I loved this hike. If you're looking for wildflowers, this is the hike to go on. The panoramic view is awesome.

It's a drive up to the hike, but worth it! yacolt town not far off. My new favorite hike. Good food in town to refuel. We went to BackRoads Food and Spirits!

exhilarating

marvelous and definitely my favorite trail to Silver Star Mountain summit

Love this place. Amazing views. Lots to see and great spots for break or lunch. Summit is freaking awesome! Will be back lots more.

love this trail

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Amazing views!

Monday, July 11, 2016

Sunday, July 10, 2016

We Hiked in mid July, The Road that takes you up to Ed'strail is very very bad , you need a jeep and motor bike or a all terains 4 weels drive.. Crevasses and hols are every where.. I almost turned around a few times.. But we made it. I arrived at the trail hade with 4 teenagers. the hike is moderate.. I was the only one breathing hard walking up. the weather was amazing, not too cold not to warm.. Flowers where in bloom in the all valley, it was splendid. It felt like we where walking in a Garden or a giant bouquet. The view on the montain summit was absolutly breath taking all around.. Among the top10 best views i have seen in my life.. and i am a world traveler.. the scary drive up was well payed off. I will be back.

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

If you don't care for heights, this is not a hike for you. Be prepared to climb a few rocks. The views are breathtaking. Ed's trail is a nice route on your way to Silver Star. Go early and plan to relax, have lunch and soak in the view. We were even blessed with the pleasure of a Mountain Goat.This is my second time and it will not be the last!

Friday, August 14, 2015

Monday, August 10, 2015

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Liked this trail better than Silver Star. I went up Ed's and then back down Silver Star and Ed's trail wins. Like the rock archway and climbing on rocks. Great trail.