Ed's Trail

Ed's Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washougal, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Yacolt: Travel southeast on NE Railroad Avenue for 2.4 miles to NE Sunset Falls Road. Follow NE Sunset Falls Road to the forest boundary. At the boundary, pick up Forest Route 41. Take 41 south to Forest Route 4109. Route 4109 ends at the trailhead.

Went to do this hike today and had to turn around due to road conditions. The last 10 miles are unpaved road but we’re no problem for my Ford Focus but the final 2.5 miles were too rough and I️ had to turn around. Unfortunately I️ didn’t get to do the hike but thought I’d give everyone a heads up that you’ll need more clearance than a 2013 Ford Focus to get to the trailhead unless you want to park 2.5 miles away and hike to the trailhead

Had fun 4 wheeling on the way to the trailhead. I loved this hike. If you're looking for wildflowers, this is the hike to go on. The panoramic view is awesome.

It's a drive up to the hike, but worth it! yacolt town not far off. My new favorite hike. Good food in town to refuel. We went to BackRoads Food and Spirits!

exhilarating

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

marvelous and definitely my favorite trail to Silver Star Mountain summit

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Love this place. Amazing views. Lots to see and great spots for break or lunch. Summit is freaking awesome! Will be back lots more.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

love this trail

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Amazing views!

Monday, July 11, 2016

Sunday, July 10, 2016

We Hiked in mid July, The Road that takes you up to Ed'strail is very very bad , you need a jeep and motor bike or a all terains 4 weels drive.. Crevasses and hols are every where.. I almost turned around a few times.. But we made it. I arrived at the trail hade with 4 teenagers. the hike is moderate.. I was the only one breathing hard walking up. the weather was amazing, not too cold not to warm.. Flowers where in bloom in the all valley, it was splendid. It felt like we where walking in a Garden or a giant bouquet. The view on the montain summit was absolutly breath taking all around.. Among the top10 best views i have seen in my life.. and i am a world traveler.. the scary drive up was well payed off. I will be back.