Ed's Trail

Ed's Trail is a 4.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Washougal, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Yacolt: Travel southeast on NE Railroad Avenue for 2.4 miles to NE Sunset Falls Road. Follow NE Sunset Falls Road to the forest boundary. At the boundary, pick up Forest Route 41. Take 41 south to Forest Route 4109. Route 4109 ends at the trailhead.

made it all the way but the last 1 mile due to snow. last 2 miles is very rutty. recommend snowshoes but we postholed and made it in others tracks falling through about 1-2 feet+ at times. super duper windy did not summit today but will be back. 3-10-18

incredible hike. you need a jeep, lifted 4x4/AWD SUV, or offroad capable truck for the final 2 miles of road

you will need a high clearance vehicle FR 4109 is in bad shape. we went yesterday and didn't reach summit due to 55 mph winds on the ridge. it was very unpleasant. there were patches of snow along the ridge but nothing impassable. I can't speak for snow at summit as we didn't make it but it didn't look bad from the ridge. I've hiked this before and thought it was a pretty cool hike. probably the best approach to silver star.

Went to do this hike today and had to turn around due to road conditions. The last 10 miles are unpaved road but we’re no problem for my Ford Focus but the final 2.5 miles were too rough and I️ had to turn around. Unfortunately I️ didn’t get to do the hike but thought I’d give everyone a heads up that you’ll need more clearance than a 2013 Ford Focus to get to the trailhead unless you want to park 2.5 miles away and hike to the trailhead

Had fun 4 wheeling on the way to the trailhead. I loved this hike. If you're looking for wildflowers, this is the hike to go on. The panoramic view is awesome.

It's a drive up to the hike, but worth it! yacolt town not far off. My new favorite hike. Good food in town to refuel. We went to BackRoads Food and Spirits!

Tuesday, June 06, 2017

exhilarating

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

marvelous and definitely my favorite trail to Silver Star Mountain summit

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Love this place. Amazing views. Lots to see and great spots for break or lunch. Summit is freaking awesome! Will be back lots more.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

love this trail

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Amazing views!

Sunday, July 10, 2016

We Hiked in mid July, The Road that takes you up to Ed'strail is very very bad , you need a jeep and motor bike or a all terains 4 weels drive.. Crevasses and hols are every where.. I almost turned around a few times.. But we made it. I arrived at the trail hade with 4 teenagers. the hike is moderate.. I was the only one breathing hard walking up. the weather was amazing, not too cold not to warm.. Flowers where in bloom in the all valley, it was splendid. It felt like we where walking in a Garden or a giant bouquet. The view on the montain summit was absolutly breath taking all around.. Among the top10 best views i have seen in my life.. and i am a world traveler.. the scary drive up was well payed off. I will be back.

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

If you don't care for heights, this is not a hike for you. Be prepared to climb a few rocks. The views are breathtaking. Ed's trail is a nice route on your way to Silver Star. Go early and plan to relax, have lunch and soak in the view. We were even blessed with the pleasure of a Mountain Goat.This is my second time and it will not be the last!

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Liked this trail better than Silver Star. I went up Ed's and then back down Silver Star and Ed's trail wins. Like the rock archway and climbing on rocks. Great trail.

Friday, July 03, 2015

If you don't have issues with narrow trails along steep mountain sides, then you need to hike Ed's Trail at least one way to or from the North TH to Silver Star. The views of Mt. St. Hellens, Mt. Rainier, Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood are amazing. After you pass through the arch (headed South) get ready for some minor climbing. My 10 y/o daughter did it just fine, but it is a bit challenging. The views along Ed's are far superior to that of the regular trail along the West slope. I have gone up twice now, both times went from TH to summit via Ed's Trail, then back along the main trail. Makes for an easy stroll back to the truck.

Sunday, April 26, 2015

Definitely the best way to do Silverstar. The rock formations and geology are truly wonderful.

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

During the winter it's the best, and very easy . Love it, probably the best way to get to Silver Star Mountain . Gods creation is absolutely amazing!

recorded Ed's Trail