New Years Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $19.99
Get Started

Ebey's Landing Trail

Ebey's Landing Trail is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Coupeville, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.2 miles Elevation Gain: 377 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

historic site

This trail starts at the parking lot on Ebey's Landing Road. Continue on the Bluff Trail, then take a right, which takes you to the historic Sunnyside Cemetery. Then return to the Bluff Trail and continue around the loop down to the beach, and eventually back to your car. Alternatively, you could start at the cemetery, completing the loop from there.

great views. boring trail

nice simple trail. Good overlooks, then a easy walk on the beach

I would include this trail in the moderate category. It's an uphill struggle.

Nice, easy walk. Not too many hills or slopes. The view is gorgeous but never changes on the walk. I recommend walking to the start of the bluffs and then turning around, nothing new while going past the tide pools.

I mean this is a great trail to walk or run. Pet friendly and the views don’t disappoint.

It is a beautiful trail I decided to check out by pure chance driving by. Spent the entire afternoon running up and down the hill side to the beach and even walking along the washed out trail near 2 lagoons at the base of the bluff. Definitely a monthly trail for me.

This is one of my favorites. The trail has been improved in recent years, which wakes the bluff part of the trail safer and easier to navigate. It’s pretty rocky on the beach portion so sometimes I’ll just double back. I will say on a nice day the views are unbeatable. But it does get crowded and certain times of the year/day it can be buggy. Lots of wildlife to see in the form of birds. I’m sure if you go at the right time of year whales and seals could be seen.

Really nice trail!

Perfect combination of hillside and beach walk with incredible PNW views!

Great for our family! Our youngest was 10 years old which is as young as I’d go with the steep hill sides the trails presents. Gorgeous scenery. It kicked my butt! Easy? Ha! I loved it! Incredible! God’s glorious handiwork on display here!!

I wouldn’t say this is a hiking kind of trail but offers some great views, relaxing and good for family. If you’ve ever done Discovery Park in Seattle it reminds me of that. All the isolated nature feels!

Really lovely hike. Beautiful views of the water and the mountains from the bluff. If you park and start by the cemetery then it starts out pretty flat. I wasn't looking for anything too difficult so I hiked out to see the water and then walked along the bluff. I believe you can go all the way down to the beach if you'd like though. I had my dog with me and it was perfect for her too.

Nice trail, haven't hiked this one in a while and see that they made some improvements to some areas, such as added wood that serves as stairs and to prevent wash outs on some steeper areas. They have also closed off some of the trails that lead down to the beach, adding driftwood and allowing the grass and plants to re grow and prevent sliding. Was a bit windy, but that's expected, trail was in good shape. Walked the beach back as the tide was starting back in. Brought my dog and he loved it, not many people on the trail with me so didn't have any issues with congestion.

At first it’s pretty steep but my 5 & 7 year old kids loved it and did great! Took us about 2.5 hours to complete it but we stopped for a picnic half way and it was a wonderful afternoon hike.

I don't know if it's this place or just the perfect day but I am so very pleased with this adventure on the bluffs! You get a little beach and a little bluffs, the loop is perfect! The naval jets and eagles fly right over your head! Lots of trees to climb! Great people! Perfect day! I will be back for sure!

Beautiful views, amazing and surreal beauty. Must hike- worth the hype. Took about 2.5 hours to cover approximately 4.5 miles since we stopped for pics and lunch. Pretty easy trail, no complaints. Enjoyed no snow and sun for a day.

I love this place. I enjoyed the hike with my daughter. I couldn’t ask for a better place like this . Just breathtaking. Beach walk wasn’t so nice, cold but so worth it.

Such beautiful views and the beach is stunning.

Wed Jan 16 2019

Big hill to start but then it is pretty flat. the beach is very rocky on the second half of the hike. Amazing views. we had a great time.

Tue Jan 01 2019

Awesome views on this easy hike. Loved every minute of it.

Thu Nov 08 2018

Views on a clear day are magnificent!

Fri Nov 02 2018

Fun, scenic hike. The side trail to the cemetery was nice. Restroom at that point also. Continued back on Bluff Trail down to the beach. We hit the beach right at high tide so it was slow going but overall a great time.

Mon Oct 08 2018

Did this on a less than perfect day and still loved it! We did it without the out and back bit and it clocked in around 3.5 miles. The walk back along the beach is lovely, but the sand isn’t packed very hard, so be prepared to take it slower than you may want.

Mon Aug 20 2018

Pretty views. You walk along the water on the bluffs.

Sun Jul 29 2018

Excellent view. Pleasant weather. Right time to go.

Mon Jul 23 2018

Gorgeous view on a sunny day! Went early to beat the heat and parking was no problem. We ended going up against trend and climbing up the cliffs. It’s a good workout (ended up with 44 flights on my fit bit) but still enjoyed ourselves. Hiked with a canine companion who loved the beach and did great on the trail. I would totally do this again to enjoy that view and the wildflowers.

Fri Jul 20 2018

I went on this hike with my daughter and three grandkids. The oldest is 9 the middle is 6 and the baby is going to be one tomorrow. It was a lot of fun. My daughter carried the baby in a front pack and the rest of us had packs with lunch and necessities. The kids slowed down on the beach part. Not because they were tired there were just so many treasures to be found. I would recommend this to family’s.

Sat Jun 30 2018

I hiked on a clear day and the view was spectacular! Trail is a bit narrow and I was uncomfortable winding down the cliff to the bottom with my dog, so we didn't make the loop. There's really no shade along the path and it was getting too hot for the dog, so cutting the walk worked out fine.