Ebey's Landing Trail is a 5.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Coupeville, Washington that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 5.2 miles Elevation Gain: 377 feet Route Type: Loop

beach

historic site

This trail starts at the parking lot on Ebey's Landing Road. Continue on the Bluff Trail, then take a right, which takes you to the historic Sunnyside Cemetery. Then return to the Bluff Trail and continue around the loop down to the beach, and eventually back to your car. Alternatively, you could start at the cemetery, completing the loop from there.

I like this trail! It's easygoing & has beautiful views of the ocean. Nice little spots to sit and have a snack & watch the wildlife. Very narrow pathway, so expect to walk in single-file.

Beautiful! We didn’t do the whole hike but it’s worth it just to drive to this area and walk around. We walked up about a mile for the views and then turned back. Reminded me of Marin Headlands in California. Seems like a great family friendly hike.

Gorgeous hike along the ocean with beautiful views! Recommend wearing long pants as paths are narrow with tall brush.

Beautiful trail right next to the ocean. Easy trail with few uphills and then downhill. Good amount of harmless bugs but manageable. Only downside is skinny path during downhill which makes it difficult to enjoy beautiful view but this will last for less than half a mile.

Spectacular views. Some of the best I’ve ever seen on a hike. Hiked it with wife, small dog and 2 year old in pack. Was a little sketchy cuz of how close the trail is to a steep edge but never felt unsafe.

Ran the whole trail 15MAY2020. Trail is in good condition and really pretty view of the ocean and Olympic NP. Highly recommend.

Go for an easy walk with some slight elevation, but enjoy those one of a kind views.

Nice easy walk! Trail edges are steep, especially on a windy day! Will be coming back again.

Gorgeous views. The trail is narrow and right next to the side of the bluff in parts and there’s no barrier. Took my seven year old son and ended up turning around because it did not feel safe. Was super bummed we didn’t finish but the heights got the best of me.

Beautiful but windy day. Went for a Sunday drive and ended up on the island. Thought I would take the family out for a quick walk. Ended up at Ebey’s Prairie. Had to cut it short for the baby because of the wind but other than that it was a spectacular day.

great views. boring trail

nice simple trail. Good overlooks, then a easy walk on the beach

I would include this trail in the moderate category. It's an uphill struggle.

Nice, easy walk. Not too many hills or slopes. The view is gorgeous but never changes on the walk. I recommend walking to the start of the bluffs and then turning around, nothing new while going past the tide pools.

I mean this is a great trail to walk or run. Pet friendly and the views don’t disappoint.

It is a beautiful trail I decided to check out by pure chance driving by. Spent the entire afternoon running up and down the hill side to the beach and even walking along the washed out trail near 2 lagoons at the base of the bluff. Definitely a monthly trail for me.

This is one of my favorites. The trail has been improved in recent years, which wakes the bluff part of the trail safer and easier to navigate. It’s pretty rocky on the beach portion so sometimes I’ll just double back. I will say on a nice day the views are unbeatable. But it does get crowded and certain times of the year/day it can be buggy. Lots of wildlife to see in the form of birds. I’m sure if you go at the right time of year whales and seals could be seen.

Really nice trail!

Mon May 27 2019

Perfect combination of hillside and beach walk with incredible PNW views!

Mon May 20 2019

Great for our family! Our youngest was 10 years old which is as young as I’d go with the steep hill sides the trails presents. Gorgeous scenery. It kicked my butt! Easy? Ha! I loved it! Incredible! God’s glorious handiwork on display here!!

Sat May 04 2019

I wouldn’t say this is a hiking kind of trail but offers some great views, relaxing and good for family. If you’ve ever done Discovery Park in Seattle it reminds me of that. All the isolated nature feels!

Sun Apr 28 2019

Really lovely hike. Beautiful views of the water and the mountains from the bluff. If you park and start by the cemetery then it starts out pretty flat. I wasn't looking for anything too difficult so I hiked out to see the water and then walked along the bluff. I believe you can go all the way down to the beach if you'd like though. I had my dog with me and it was perfect for her too.

Sat Apr 06 2019

Nice trail, haven't hiked this one in a while and see that they made some improvements to some areas, such as added wood that serves as stairs and to prevent wash outs on some steeper areas. They have also closed off some of the trails that lead down to the beach, adding driftwood and allowing the grass and plants to re grow and prevent sliding. Was a bit windy, but that's expected, trail was in good shape. Walked the beach back as the tide was starting back in. Brought my dog and he loved it, not many people on the trail with me so didn't have any issues with congestion.

Sun Mar 17 2019

At first it’s pretty steep but my 5 & 7 year old kids loved it and did great! Took us about 2.5 hours to complete it but we stopped for a picnic half way and it was a wonderful afternoon hike.

Fri Mar 15 2019

I don't know if it's this place or just the perfect day but I am so very pleased with this adventure on the bluffs! You get a little beach and a little bluffs, the loop is perfect! The naval jets and eagles fly right over your head! Lots of trees to climb! Great people! Perfect day! I will be back for sure!

Sun Mar 10 2019

Beautiful views, amazing and surreal beauty. Must hike- worth the hype. Took about 2.5 hours to cover approximately 4.5 miles since we stopped for pics and lunch. Pretty easy trail, no complaints. Enjoyed no snow and sun for a day.