Easton Ridge Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cle Elum, Washington that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length6.1 miElevation gain2,375 ftRoute typeOut & back
Photos (216)
Recordings (149)
Completed (261)
Arnie Pelluer
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMarch 15, 2021
View Arnie's Recording
Paul Truzzi
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarDecember 2, 2020
HikingIcySnow

I got an early start, being at the trail head by 8:00. It's going to be a beautiful sunny day. I checked the snow at the pass. It looks like there is a foot or so by the road. I'd brought my snowshoes but with only an inch of icy snow at the trailhead I left them behind. The trail crosses the dammed stream right after you leave the parking area. Then it's up, and up. I was the first person on this trail today. In fact, I only saw three people the whole day, so I had the place to myself. With a crunchy top layer over ice/snow it was pretty easy going. Most people seem to take the Domerie Divide Trail toward Mount Baldy and Thomas Mountain. I soon found my little used route diverging from the AllTrails route. I found someone's path going straight up hill and took that route. But as I reached the ridge all tracks were gone although my GPS said I was back on route. From here on, I was breaking trail and things got slower. At 2 miles in I passed below and south of the 4,265' ridge with no trail in sight. I found myself on steep, exposed ice and snow. I had my micro-spikes and trekking poles so, felt pretty safe. But if the slab of ice I was standing on let loose, it would have been a wild ride down to the trees without an ice axe. I went up and down slope as I continued, but never spotted a ledge where the true trail was. Great views at the beginning of Lake Kachess, later of the mountains to the north. It was a sunny day and Mount Rainier was out to the south. It seemed like a lot longer hike than just over 6 miles.

Paul Truzzi
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarDecember 1, 2020
Walking
View Paul's Recording
Kacey Morrow
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarNovember 8, 2020
Hiking

Easy day hike. Steady climb on the way up. No snow on trail yet but will be icy soon!

View Kacey's Recording
Sai Nayagar
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarOctober 25, 2020
Hiking

Light dusting of Snow and ice now so be prepared. Might be more difficult later in winter when there is more snow- potentially avalanche issues on exposed sections. Great views.

View Sai's Recording
Christopher Campbell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 22, 2020
Hiking

This was my first time up this ridge and it was definely rewarding. not a very difficult hike, a little exposure but nothing scary. amazing views

View Christopher's Recording
Trinity Bingham
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 11, 2020
HikingBlowdownFloodedGreat!Over grownRocky
View Trinity 's Recording
Geri Workman-Quintanilla
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarOctober 10, 2020
Hiking

Quick elevation, beautiful views at the peak even on a cloudy rainy day.

View Geri's Recording
Abbe L
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 28, 2020
Hiking

Quite steep, but our 10 and 13 year old were able to do it - going down was rough. Beautiful day and not crowded at all - just what we were looking for. Started on the trail at 1pm and back to the car by 5:40 - and we had a nice 40 minute hangout at the top. As others have said, not super well marked , but not as bad as I anticipated! Some views of Rainier were an unexpected bonus.

connie lotspeich
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 2, 2020
View connie's Recording
Amanda Schuh
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 28, 2020
Horseback riding
View Amanda's Recording
Randy Dill
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 21, 2020
Hiking

The trailhead is very difficult to find since it’s not marked. You have to go to the stream and turn left and over a bridge with a nice waterfalls. The trail is mostly dirt and unrelentingly steep.

Peter Buttler
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 19, 2020
HikingOver grown

We arrived at 2pm with only 3 cars at the trailhead and only saw 3 x groups of 2 during the whole hike; all wearing masks when we crossed paths. This is a fun hike which levels out to a moderate rating after the first 2 miles which are quite tough. A few fallen trees on the trail which you'll need to climb over and I would recommend wearing long pants as parts of the trail have growth over it. Views at the top and in several clearing on the way up made the hike worthwhile. The trail is quite dry with lose dirt so my poles were handy on the way down. Left car part at 5pm. P.S. Only a few bugs near the stream at beginning of hike; insect repellant wasn't needed.

View Peter's Recording
Kristin Mathern
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 2, 2020
HikingGreat!Over grown

Previous reviews were spot on. Got there at 5:45 am with two other cars in the small parking area. No parking pass needed. No sign to the trail but followed the reviews below and went right to the creek and then there was clearly a trail. Did not see a single person the way up. It was so peaceful. Cold at the top, more so windy. Pretty over grown mile once you hit mile 2 with some downed trees that you can climb over. I wasn’t wearing pants because I hike warm, but might be a good idea. I opted to bring my poles, highly recommend for the way up or down. 3.25 ish miles until you reach the end rock formation where there was some remnants of an old cabin up there. Lot was full when I returned down, most people hiking Kachess. No bathrooms.

Cindy Shephard
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 15, 2020
BlowdownBugsGreat!Over grownRocky

I loved it! It was work (for me), but the sights were so worth the effort. I was there only one on the trail coming and going. Lots of logs to climb over the last the third of hike. my fit bit said it was 5 miles one way. There seems to be discrepancy. The trail head is not well marked so the trail map really helped me to find it. I will do it again!

Tucker Parsons
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 7, 2020
Hiking

Great trail, gets steep towards the end! Bring a lunch, can see all of Ellensburg and much more

Sara V
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 6, 2020
HikingScramble
Chandler B
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 4, 2020
Hiking

Really beautiful hike! Very narrow trails and chilly at the top from the wind. We arrived at 7am (only 2 cars in the parking lot) and only saw 1 other group on the way up. On our way down, we passed maybe 10-12 groups — with most abiding by the social distancing / mask wearing. Had no problem with bugs. But, would recommend wearing pants as there was some overgrown parts of the trail.

Tiffany Borbón
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 27, 2020
HikingOver grown

Beautiful views of the surrounding lakes on the trail and a fun windy way to end the hike by some large boulders along the ridge. Lots of wildflowers. Some of the brush was overgrown so would recommend wearing long pants or high socks. Hike was a pretty steady ascent to the top. Didn't use poles but it would have been nice on the descent. We got the last official parking spot at 8:15 am but a lot of other cars were parked on the side of the road as we were leaving. We only passed a handful of other groups on the trail.

View Tiffany's Recording
Gshock j Leth
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 25, 2020

Hard trail NatureBeautiful trail Please bring some mosquito spray