Eagle Lake is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Baring, Washington that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips.

Distance: 4.3 miles Elevation Gain: 711 feet Route Type: Out & Back

It was an awesome hike, the lake was starting freeze, half of it was frozen. The scenery was so good and it is an easy hike. Came up only 3.5miles round trip, the only problem was the 4.5 miles on the 635 route was a grag being single lane

The road was so gnarly it was like we were in an Indiana Jones movie. There's marshes and creeks all near the trail so the bugs were horrendous. You handle most of the elevation gain before you even get out of the car which is nice for some folks but it also means that the forest roads around here are so accessible that there's people offroading and shooting nearby constantly; we passed multiple "campsites" with people just pulled over in the shrubs with no view next to a makeshift fire pit that they had decorated nicely with a surrounding carpet of beer cans. There's nothing more peaceful than hiking for miles deep in the mountains to unplug and hearing shot guns and engines revving...

Yes the road in gets pretty harry, about a mile from the trail head at least 2 Subaru had parked there, we managed the last mile up in our Santa Fe but it was tricky, high clearance vehicle required to get up that last mile. Our trip was at the beginning of July. I got overly excited the road had opened up & forgot the elevation gain was more then we are use to. We hiked in our gear & hammock camped at the lake. With the added elevation gain, all of the blow downs we had to climb over or under, and the 20+lbs of gear we all carried my 14yr Old was not happy with me nor was the hubs. The meadow was beautiful but was too tired to really enjoy it. Lake was pretty too. Found the perfect spot to camp across the creek. Was pleasantly surprised there was a backcountry toilet. The bugs were vicious, I forgotten bug spray of course.

Couldn't get to trail head on my Subary Forester. The road got very narrow and rocky close to the trailhead. I will give it a chance with other car.

My brother and I hiked this trail July 13, 2019. We brought along my three-year-old lab and our kids ranging in ages of 18, 12, 8 & 6. We had a great time the cabin is amazing and the views are beautiful! The younger kids were a little bit tired but after having a snack and fishing in the lake they were rearing and ready to go! On the way in through the wooded area we ran into a yellow jacket nest in the ground three people were stung. But on the way back we knew what to watch for. The younger kids caught two fish a piece within two minutes! We were all a little tired but what a great hike! The kids are still talking about it!

Fake news