Dwights Way Trail

Dwights Way Trail is a 3.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Issaquah, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

From Seattle, E on I-90 to exit 20. Right off freeway then immediat Left on S.E. 79th St for 1/4 mile to trailhead.

7/2/2018 (Monday) -- High Point Trail has just been trimmed to wide and neat, but the paralleled Lingering Trail is not, covered by overgrown ferns. I moved along Dwights Way, trying to reach a trailhead on Preston side, but encountered "Private Property D.O.T.", then I turned left and zigzagged downhill to "Preston Powerline Trail", and then returned to High Point.

My two kids (12 & 7) did this loop today. It was a fun hike and a perfect challenge for them both. This is a really beautiful hike. Here are some things to know:

As of Jun-16-2018 there is a tree down across the Trail in the 1st third of the hike (counter clockwise loop). We had no problem getting through it though.

As of Jun-16-2018 Tent City 4 is at the base of the trail head. This is not an issue as far as I am concerned (the residents don’t want trouble coming into Tent City), but you have to walk through TC4 to get to the TH. Everyone we passed and said ‘Hi’ to (in and out) was very nice and friendly.

You can hear car noise from I90 for more than half the hike.

My son called it Fernopolos - there are a million ferns...really beautiful.

The full loop is about 4-miles.

I have no idea where the bridge in the cover photo is - we didn’t see it on this loop.

Overall a great wilderness hike (no vistas or views though). We will be back with our Scout troop.

Thursday, December 01, 2016

was really looking forward to this one, didn't want to leave car at tent city. I'm not upset they there just a heads up woulda been nice

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

11/10/2015 (Tuesday) - Start from a steep shortcut to Cable Line Trail (very muddy), then turn to TMT for 2 miles, pass two short foot bridges, give up K-2, which is "unmanaged"; come to Murat's Bridge, which is awesome. The creeks have loud water. Lose elevation to the intersection of High Point Trail, take the right fork (TMT) for 0.2 mile, then turn left to Lingering Trail down to Dwights Way, turn left for 0.1 mile and back to High Point trail, loop back and up for 0.2 mile, which is very muddy though the trail is broad. Lunch at the west end of Murat's Bridge. Take TMT back to West Tiger #3 Trail, down to the Traditional Plateau parking lot, and a nice connector trail to my car outside the gate. This is a partly sunny day of the wet season, 45-50F, 11:05 - 2:40, 5.5 miles. Just encounter several solo hikers on TMT. Though being wet, TMT is mostly in good condition, some fallen trees, not much mud.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Quieter trail for Tiger Mountain, we did not see more than a dozen people as we trekked along trial. Make sure to bring an updated map as the paths are not too well marked and we got lost, missed the last turn up to a viewpoint and headed down using the more popular and very crowded Tradition Plateau Trialhead. trails well maintained and the hike was fun

Wednesday, July 26, 2017