Dusty Lake Trail

Dusty Lake Trail is a 7.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Quincy, Washington that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A mix of desert walks and light bouldering if you decide to go around the lakes. Beautiful views.

great trail...easy and rewarded with a great canyon view.

incredible route, hardest route up onto spine over looking both valleys.. miniature grand canyon , well recommended, my phone died prob 8 to 9 mile total

Solid trail and very fun to run in the winter. The geography is I retesting and you get some good rolling elevation gain.

Friday, June 02, 2017

Great day on the trails.

Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Get an early start this year and head East for some dry hiking/camping. Wish there could have been more reviews/information on this hike so I figured this could be use to many of you.

Location: Eastern WA- Quincy. About a 3.2hr Drive from Seattle
Name: Ancient Lakes/Dusty Lake
Hike: Easy Hike
Distance: Ancient Lakes- 4miles round trip, Dusty Lake- 7 miles round trip
Dog Friendly: YES
Water: Bring your own water, I wouldn't trust any filters for that lake water.

As my buddy and I were heading to Ancient lakes this weekend we were told by other hikers heading back that this area was packed with boy scouts. Disappointed, we decided to astray from the area which led us to a second trail (BTW, we have nothing against boy scouts, just wanted some space). We looked at our map and noticed that the right hand side trail led us to Dusty Lakes. The hike there was easy and would recommend it to anyone with kids. More info: Fishing is allowed (1 per person). Rattlesnakes are still sleeping, don't worry about coming across one. Not the time of year to swim in the lake just yet. I hiked in shorts and a tee and was perfectly fine/night time I used my 29degree sleeping bag and slept perfectly fine. I recommend climbing up the ridge for sunset (VERY DANGEROUS!! Please be careful). Take a bottle of honey Jack Daniels!! Happy Hiking!!!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Decided to do trail January 24, 2015 due to to the mild winter and excellent sunshine. It was 7F this morning at 7AM at the trail head at Ancient Lakes TH and just a skiff of snow in spots. But once we were on the trail the sun made the cold not bad at all. Trail is easy to follow and with all the interesting Rim Rock formations, ducks and Geese flying all around. Dusty Lake was beautiful, and not what I remembered as a 10 year old back in 1970, when Dad and I would hike in and fish all day. Wonderful memories and new ones now to boot. I highly recommend this trail for either Dusty Lake or Ancient Lakes and a great trail for mountain biking.

Sunday, March 06, 2016

Beautiful and amazing !

Sunday, March 06, 2016

It was amazing . Beautiful !

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Easy fun trail

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The trail is accessable all year around. The route covers some classic eastern Washington geology. There is a scree traverse around the lake at the end. If you go up and around, you can connect to the Ancient Lakes trail for a good loop.

Saturday, July 02, 2011

My first hike...was perfect to take the dog out into nature. Enjoyed it very much.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

One of my favorite hikes in this area. Easy, short, and good fishing.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

good start up hike for season

Sunday, May 14, 2017