Dry Creek Trail

Dry Creek Trail is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Carson, Washington that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until November.

Parking for several dozen cars at a time, and an established restroom.

very easy walk very enjoyable

sorry I should of rated this 4 star.

Monday, May 23, 2016

This is a fine walking trail. I prefer a little more diversity in my hikes but this did the trick. This trail starts out as Trapper Creek trail and splits to the right. I was on the trail for 2.5 miles and turned around for an accumulative 5 mile hike. I did not see an end or a turn around or a point that was clearly marked. I was crunched for time otherwise I'd have stayed on the trail just to see where it goes. the river/creek was on my right the whole way and there are several points which you can step off the trail and into the river.

Saturday, May 07, 2016

Monday, March 21, 2016

Friday, June 14, 2013

Monday, June 10, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from this trial, but when you see a female and male elk in the first two minutes past the trailhead, your expectations change. This trail is well defined and well managed. Parking area is large, able to hold several dozen cars as well as an established restroom. The trail hugs the river to the right, with several points to dip your feet in the water. I hiked on one of the best spring weekends this year and there was only a few cars there. The trail is quite level, easily accessible to the most novice hiker. If you take a right at the fork to meet up with the road you would have to scramble across two creeks. The first crossing across a down log, it slippery so stay low. The next crossing is a bit difficult, right to get your feet wet or right and risk falling crossing a fallen maple tree. The forest in the area is spectacular on a sunny day. Its a keeper, I plan on hiking this trail several more times.